Movies you hate .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300 was anti-fascist.

"Outside the current political parallels, some critics have raised more general questions about the film's ideological orientation. The New York Post's Kyle Smith writes that the film would have pleased "Adolf's boys,"[93] and Slate's Dana Stevens compares the film to The Eternal Jew, "as a textbook example of how race-baiting fantasy and nationalist myth can serve as an incitement to total war."[94] Roger Moore, a critic for the Orlando Sentinel, relates 300 to Susan Sontag's definition of "fascist art."[95] Alleanza Nazionale, an Italian neoconservative political party formed from the collapse of the neo-fascist party MSI, has used imagery from the work within candidate propaganda posters titled: "Defend your values, your civilization, your district"

Never saw all of Suspects. I've heard it was his one "must see", but X-Men through Valkyrie have killed him for me. :dunno His films just seem so grey and bland, and the characters just feel like they barely scratch the surface of whats there.

The real Spartans were by all accounts were what one would consider a fascist culture.

They were. Totalitarian, collectivist and exclusive.

The film still had nothing to do with that. It was a simple story about a king resisting conquest of his people by a monstrous totalitarian empire, and for reasons that are completely incompatible with fascist ideology.

It was an absolutely good decision. It's in the book, and it reflects Jon's distance from his own humanity.

Just because a ***** and scrotum make you uncomfortable, doesn't mean the film did anything wrong. I didn't even look at it. :dunno

I get that. However, it's a movie and unless you want to weigh it down with a lot of useless expository dialogue, Dr. Manhattan walking around with his twig and berries flapping just wasn't a good decision.

It was an absolutely good decision. It's in the book, and it reflects Jon's distance from his own humanity.

Just because a ***** and scrotum make you uncomfortable, doesn't mean the film did anything wrong. I didn't even look at it. :dunno

We're not talking about "300" are we?

I'm all confused now. :lol

Back