Movie Facts! On Set and Off Camera!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.L.I.E.N

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is for a general knowledge of film facts on set and off camera!

I will give a example:

"Did you know, on the set of Predator when filming in LA they came across several bodies in alley ways!"

You can also ask about a movie fact! Example:

"How did the T-1000 in T2 travel through time without a human flesh covering? Kyle in T1 says nothing dead will go! anyone got the answer?"

Great idea :)

Heres a couple from LOTR:

1) 1,600 pairs of rubber ears and feet were used

2) Over £50,000 of coffee was drunk by the crew and cast during the 18 months of filming!

From Family Guy, but still funny
After Hogan's Heroes, Bob Crane got his skull crushed in by a friend who videotaped him having rough sex.

And Some Star Wars:

Carrie Fisher was considered too buxom for a princess so they taped her boobs down.

You really can't see out of the Storm Troopers helmets, while resulted in them constantly bumping into one another.

You can also ask about a movie fact! Example:

"How did the T-1000 in T2 travel through time without a human flesh covering? Kyle in T1 says nothing dead will go! anyone got the answer?"

Two theories on that one, that the T-1000's nano-machine makeup was similar enough to a field produced by a living body that it was able to pass through.

Or that it was covered a living membrane that was then shed after it arrived. As you don't actually see the T-1000 arrive, but simply appear from behind Officer Austin.

When filming that scene a train did pass the film crew and Robert Patrick stood up and waved at them jack ass naked.

The T2 Crew were filming the bar scene at the same time as the Rodney King beating was going on, apparantly if you watch the footage of the beating you can see the Terminator 2 film crew in the background.

All three actors from: Rebel Without A Cause died under tragic circumstances. Natalie Wood drown, James Dean died in a car crash and Sal Mineo was stabbed to death. :monkey2

All three actors from: Rebel Without A Cause died under tragic circumstances. Natalie Wood drown, James Dean died in a car crash and Sal Mineo was stabbed to death. :monkey2

and even crazier, Christopher Walken was there.:horror

Martin Sheen suffered a heart attack in the scene where they held him upside-down in the mud in Apocalypse Now. He was rushed to a hospital and filming was halted for a few weeks.

The urban legend of a munchkin hanging himself on the set of The Wizard of Oz is false. What you see in the film is a crane flexing in silhouette.

In Edward Scissorhands during the scene where Vincent Price dies, he actually fainted on the set as it was filmed. Tim Burton decided the take was fine and kept it for the morbidity of it.

In The Evil Dead during the scene where the possessed Linda attempts to stab Ash with the dagger, Betsy Baker actually had no idea where he was. With her heavy, white contact lenses preventing her from seeing Bruce Campbell, he was literally battling a blind actress.

In the Abyss, Ed Harris almost drowned when after a long underwater scene where he had to hold his breath, no one swam to him for some time to give him air, and when someone finally did come, the regulator was given to him upside down, so he inhaled a huge bolus of water into his lungs.

In The Texas Chainsaw Massacre:The Begining the guy who played Leatherface had to use a REAL CHAINSAW for closeup shots. And one of the members of the cast sent the guy who played Leatherface a card when the movie was done shooting. It was a thank you card for being so proffesional with the chainsaw and it brought the guy who played Leatherface to tears.

Fun fact :D

Wasn't OJ Simpson supposed to play the Terminator?
And Jean Claude Van Damme supposed to play the Predator?

Yes on both counts. OJ was considered to play the Terminator but they decided against it as they wouldn't think anyone would believe that such a nice guy could be a killing machine (oh the irony)

JCVD was in the original Predator suit (before Stan Winston redesigned it) but either left or was fired, there's a number of conflicting stories about why. Jesse Ventura's biography claims that he intentionally injured a stuntman.

--------------
All of the Aliens in "Aliens" (with the exception of the Queen and Facehuggers) were put on screen with only 6 actors in suits. The actor would change depending on what was required. Dancers were used for the more athletic leaps and jumping.

In Terminator one Arnie was actually set alight! It was intentional but apparently he stunk the place out!

In Terminator two when The T-1000 is flying the helicopter after the S.W.A.T van he has two hands on the stering wheel and grows a third to fire his sub-machine gun! Is'nt that cheating?

I was Brad Pitt's body double in the movie "Fight Club". :lecture

I was Liv Tyler's body double during the sex scenes with Viggo in Lord of the Rings.

The scenes were cut out to get the PG ratings. Jackson didn't want the NC-17 rating that it orginially had with the scenes in. That's how Viggo broke his front tooth. It wasn't during a sword fight like reported.

Ahhhhhhhhh....fun times.....fun times. :D

I was Liv Tyler's body double during the sex scenes with Viggo in Lord of the Rings.

The scenes were cut out to get the PG ratings. Jackson didn't want the NC-17 rating that it orginially had with the scenes in. That's how Viggo broke his front tooth. It wasn't during a sword fight like reported.

Ahhhhhhhhh....fun times.....fun times. :D

ween..............i need some of that stuff you are on.........i will pm you my address !!!.........next day shipping please.....:lecture

ween..............i need some of that stuff you are on.........i will pm you my address !!!.........next day shipping please.....:lecture

:lol:lol:lol:lol

party_1251.jpg

Two pieces of Back to the Future trivia.

Elijah Wood's first appearance in any film was in BttF2. He is the child in the 80s retro diner in the future, wearing a green hat by the arcade game.

Melora Hardin, who played Jan in America's The Office, was originally cast to play Jennifer in BttF1. She was replaced when they hired Michael J. Fox to play the lead because she was a few inches taller than him.

Two bits of Jurassic Park trivia:

-It was the first film to use DTS digital surround sound
-Harrison Ford turned down the role of Dr. Grant

Back