Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty pleased with mine. Sam doesn't look angry to me, just grimly determined (and struggling under the weight of Frodo and the Ring). Here are a few photos of mine (#198):

doom3.jpg

Very nice pic's, but what's with the long visible seam running along the entire area around the shoulder blades. :confused: Please don't tell me it's a joint seam that wasn't filled properly. :rolleyes:

No, it is sculpted, or at least it looks that way to me. The suspenders over the top of the area have no seam. Plus, it is also visible in the pics on the product page. I assume it's just part of the way the costume was designed, but I dunno.

I hadn't noticed that. Went over to check mine and indeed, it's there. I'm curious as to what it actually is.

By the way, RB, your pics are fantastic. I noticed that the skin tones on your piece are nicer than mine, which tend to look more grayish.

back from holiday and it was waiting for me when i got home! I think it's brilliant, the likeness of Sam is the best thing about it for me, he looks great, and is grubby and the paint apps are perfect. And it's bigger than the Frodo/Gollum crack of doom diorama!

I wonder if it would be possible to cut off Sam's head and replace it with Frodo's head from the CoD diorama. I would like a diorama of Frodo carrying himself up the slops of Mount Doom.

I don't collect Lord of the Rings dioramas but I had to have this piece and was lucky enough to snag the . . . 30??!! . . . set aside for non-Attendees.

I have to say after getting it that I am a bit surprised at just how TINY this is. I mean it is really little compared even to the Sideshow Weta stuff and certainly to the larger busts and Premium Formats.

However, the scene is so emotional and powerful for me that I still find myself drawn to the piece. Overall, it is still really well done and the sculpt does a great deal to convey the EMOTION of the piece despite minor paint app flaws etc. Even though it literally fits with NONE of my collection, I'm going to be keeping it anyway. Maybe I'll put it in my office to remind me when times are tough and I get frustrated to not give up and keep going . . . :)

Dennis

It is tiny compared to those lines, but it is in a different scale from those lines.

The SSW statues were all produced at 1/6th scale. The SSW busts were all done at 1/4th scale, as are all PFs. The Legendary Scale Bust line varies, but most of the recent releases have been at 1/3rd scale. The dio line is primarily being produced at 1/9th scale, and this dio is right in line with all of the others that have been released (with the exception of the Eagle vs Fell Beat dio, which was obviously done at a smaller scale).

Saying that this piece fits with none of your collection doesn't make much sense. By that standard, your SSW busts and statues don't "fit" together, since they are in different scales, and any PFs you have would certainly not "fit" with those statues either.

Opened mine yesterday---looks really nice.
Seems like the front rock part makes it very tipable? Anyone else notice this

Here's a few quick outdoor pic's taken today in a less than Mordor-like setting. It's smaller than I would preferred, but the paint app's on mine are very good and overall I am quite pleased. :D

MtDoomdio002.jpg

MtDoomdio005.jpg

MtDoomdio007.jpg

Back