Motoko Kusanagi RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not my favorite look for Motoko. That and the price, I'll pass.

Oh, and her neck from the back looks extremely long.

Yeah, could be the photos as I was initially interested in getting one. But the price is a bit high for a figure I'm not 100% on.

yeah, i am feeling the same about the price. I know medi doesn't give that many accesories for their figures but this one really needs something to get people to buy it. A trench coat, an actual knife. (the knife on her back is not removable) heck, a lower price point like their dragon ball figures would do.

Yeah, even at $135-$150 she would be a much more likely buy. But this is a figure that just doesn't scream being worth the extra $$$

A trench coat, an actual knife. (the knife on her back is not removable) heck, a lower price point like their dragon ball figures would do.

That, right there is just BS. There's no excuse for that. Especially at this price.

She looks great, but yeah the price is poo.

Maybe someday Hot Toys will have the Ghost in the Shell license as well, since both GITS and Appleseed are created by Masamune Shirow. Then I'm sure we'd have a great "Major" figure

Well, I'm kind of bittersweet on this one. I wanted it and had it pre-ordered, but cancelled it. I still want it, but agree that the price is just too high. Plus, I'm not a huge medicom fan. I have some of their stuff and it's not bad, but overall I find it more fragile and definitely not worth the higher prices. The big thing they have going for them is that they have some cool licenses. Their pretty much the only game around for Anime characters in the 1/6 articulated market.

additional in-box images found here

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=105&extra=page=1###

its even more depressing looking at the lack of accessories in-box. (though I really like the hand that's molded onto the gun, solves so many problems :D) The higher price really put me on the fence on this one. Almost tempted just to get it so medi would make more section 9 characters.

Nice figure, but, and I know I am repeating myself, I personally think it's a tragedy that Medicom didn't go with Hiroyuki Okiura's original character design for the Ghost in the Shell Motoko. Okiura is an outstanding artist, having worked on milestones like Roujin Z, Ghost in the Shell and Jin-Roh. He's also did some work for Cowboy Bebop. I much more preferred his version of Motoko. SAC must be more popular I suppose. I only saw the first season, and kind of lost interest after that.

Nice figure, but, and I know I am repeating myself, I personally think it's a tragedy that Medicom didn't go with Hiroyuki Okiura's original character design for the Ghost in the Shell Motoko. Okiura is an outstanding artist, having worked on milestones like Roujin Z, Ghost in the Shell and Jin-Roh. He's also did some work for Cowboy Bebop. I much more preferred his version of Motoko. SAC must be more popular I suppose. I only saw the first season, and kind of lost interest after that.

the movie version is definitely a very cool design, more mature and realistic looking. Outta the 2, I prefer this version not just because I really liked both season 1 and 2 of SAC, it is also more similar to the original ghost in the shell comic done by shirow. but hey, if medicom decides to do the movie version motoko, I'll probably get that too. the more the better. :D

Now when's Batou's gonna be made?

Medicom RAH Solid State Society Motoko Kusanagi figure:

rahmotokosss01dr1.jpg

rahmotokosss03jh7.jpg

rahmotokosss06eh7.jpg

rahmotokosss07qv2.jpg

rahmotokosss09oj2.jpg

rahmotokosss08np8.jpg

Nice looking figure. She needs a trench coat or leather jacket to complete the look though.

Nice looking figure. She needs a trench coat or leather jacket to complete the look though.

Agreed!!

Pros:

- the figure looks cool especially for a GITS fan
- very detailed head resembling Motoko
- no paint slops
- nice poseability
- easy to put on the hands
- nice removable pistol in the back holster

Cons:

- neck too long
- too few accessories
- knife not removable
- no butt
- the sewing of the suit is not what I really like
- the Seburo rifle is attached to her hand
- the gray suit is made of a very thin rubber material - I hope will resist in time

Last edited:

Yeah Iam still hoping for them to do the Motoko from the original GITS movie, which I enjoyed even more than the TV series. If they released that one, I would have snapped it up in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Yeah Iam still hoping for them to do the Motoko from the original GITS movie, which I enjoyed even more than the TV series. If they released that one, I would have snapped it up in a heart beat.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Unfortunately very few figures or statues of the original movie Motoko were made...

i wan one the looks just like the First movie. im not sure i like that super anime face on her.

The funny thing is that hardcore anime fans say that SAC Motoko doesn't look too "anime" like

See below an evolution of Motoko in comics (manga), movies and SAC TV series:

- first 2 pictures are Motoko drawn by Masamune Shirow
- 3th and 4th are from Man Machine interface also drawn by Shirow (Motoko Aramaki)
- 5th and 6th are Motoko from the original movie
- the last 3 are pics of Motoko from SAC series

Back