Most Anticipated 1/6 Scale Action Figure of 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jal76

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread for this (I know that there is one gauging what folks have pre-ordered). All of the intriguing discussion and polling in the figure of the year thread got me wondering which figure or figure set people are MOST looking forward to for 2017. This would be based upon figures that have an estimated 2017 release date based upon pre-orders versus things that are just kind of completely up in the air (Hot Toys Romero Joker and Blitzway Ecto 1 if it were a figure of course are examples of things that would not be eligible).

There are some amazing things on the way - Hot Toys Dr. Strange, Episode Vii Han, Luke, Suicide Squad Harley Quinn, Hulk Buster, Blitzway's Ghostbusters 4 pack....the list goes on....

I am casting my vote for VTS Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa! OSK and KG have it with a Q3 2017 release (won't happen but still makes it eligible!)
Wasteland Ranger was my figure of the year for 2016 and I think that Furiosa will keep the VTS flames alive apologies to Hot Toys and Blitzway!

Every figure mentioned above feels like last year to me. If they come out this year it's the new Bond figures from Big Chief, and Blade Runner if HT or Blitzway does it. Marvel and DC can **** off. Sick to death of them.

Has the be the Blitzway Ghostbusters. So excited for these :panic: the sculpts look spot on and they come with a ton of accessories. Three or four figures in one go if you get either pack to is also something I've never experienced having only bought HT figures so far. Can we vote for these or do we have to pick one figure from the set? That would be near impossible :lol

I'll mention HT Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn to. WW just because of the long wait to finally complete the DC trinity display but 2017 is all about Ghostbusters for me. :yess:

Hot Toys Harley Quinn
Hot Toys Ellen Ripley
Hot Toys Daredevil

Asmus Toys The Hangman

Hopeful for Hot Toys Joker 3.0, Hot Toys Jack Sparrow, and 1:6 Ewoks.

Has the be the Blitzway Ghostbusters. So excited for these :panic: the sculpts look spot on and they come with a ton of accessories. Three or four figures in one go if you get either pack to is also something I've never experienced having only bought HT figures so far. Can we vote for these or do we have to pick one figure from the set? That would be near impossible :lol

I'll mention HT Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn to. WW just because of the long wait to finally complete the DC trinity display but 2017 is all about Ghostbusters for me. :yess:

I think figure sets definitely count! If they are being packaged/sold together I think that can be one vote...I can't imagine choosing either and the Ghostbusters 4 pack is definitely a close number two for me after Furiosa!

Every figure mentioned above feels like last year to me. If they come out this year it's the new Bond figures from Big Chief, and Blade Runner if HT or Blitzway does it. Marvel and DC can **** off. Sick to death of them.

I do not completely disagree...while I am excited about many Marvel and DC releases I wish some other licenses were being made...I would love to see fewer super hero outfits on my shelves and more jackets, coats, and ties. I cannot imagine that Hot Toys will go anywhere near BLADERUNNER they seem to be all in on just Star Wars, Marvel and DC at this point...if Blitzway were to announce BLADERUNNER, which I think would be a great extension of revisiting 80's genre classics after tackling Ghostbusters...I would be the happiest collector in the world!

I do not completely disagree...while I am excited about many Marvel and DC releases I wish some other licenses were being made...I would love to see fewer super hero outfits on my shelves and more jackets, coats, and ties. I cannot imagine that Hot Toys will go anywhere near BLADERUNNER they seem to be all in on just Star Wars, Marvel and DC at this point...if Blitzway were to announce BLADERUNNER, which I think would be a great extension of revisiting 80's genre classics after tackling Ghostbusters...I would be the happiest collector in the world!

I'm never gonna stop collecting DC but I to would like more variety on my shelves. Main reason why I can't wait for these Ghostbusters! Bladerunner has passed me by for some reason but I'd love to see Die Hard, Rocky, Rambo and other 80s/90s stuff get quality 1/6 figures.

It has to be Quantum Mechanix Dr McCoy for me. So far, at least.

Right now I would think anything having to do with ESB or Episode VIII. There are other figures I'm looking forward to like Daenerys, Wonder Woman, Venkman, and Furiosa, but nothing really tops my interest in seeing new SW.

I am casting my vote for VTS Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa! OSK and KG have it with a Q3 2017 release (won't happen but still makes it eligible!)
Wasteland Ranger was my figure of the year for 2016 and I think that Furiosa will keep the VTS flames alive apologies to Hot Toys and Blitzway!

Woooooah fella, are you saying they announced Furiosa?? When , where how? .......there goes my figure budget.

But for what I know is releasing.

1. Blitzway GB by a wide margin
2. PCS American werewolf statue
3. My own Day of the Dead figures Bub and Doc....getting close to final proto!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These 2 for me

Marvel legends 12" Deadpool

31227527523_de6d165161_b.jpg

And Hot Toys Ripley

hot_toys_alien_sixth_scale_ellen_ripley_action_figure_6.jpg

Woooooah fella, are you saying they announced Furiosa?? When , where how? .......there goes my figure budget.

But for what I know is releasing.

1. Blitzway GB by a wide margin
2. PCS American werewolf statue
3. My own Day of the Dead figures Bub and Doc....getting close to final proto!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep...it made my morning yesterday....I am skeptical that we will see it in 2017 but pre-orders are up!!!! The Blitzway GB 4 pack was sitting comfortably at the top and then it all changed yesterday!

For me it's the NECA 1990s Turtles. They look phenomenal and I can't wait to have them all on display.

Most anticipated 1:6 that we know is actually being made is what this thread is referring to, no? People seem to be giving wishlist answers.

Anyway, if I were buying any it'd be Hot Toys Back to the Future II Marty McFly and Doc Brown. Nothing else on their current roster appeals to me. Well maybe the Ripley if it had a decent likeness. It does not.

I'm in the middle of a break from buying figures for financial reasons but I did pay off my blitzway Spengler and still have a Civil War Falcon on preorder. Once things settle down though(probably by spring), I look forward to getting Yoda, maybe a couple other blitzway ghostbusters, more marvel stuff and I'm about ready to take the plunge on Danerys Targareon as my first Game of Thrones figure. Also want to get back on Harry Potter. I have Snape and Mad Eye and planned on getting a few more. Not ready to stop yet. What I'd really love to get into as well is QMX's Trek. I'm praying Kirk and Spock are still available for a few more months.

Also, it's a longshot but I hope Guardians of the galaxy 2 figures will actually come out before the end of the year. I missed them all from the first film but I think I'm gonna try to at least get Starlord and(budget permitting), I'd like a Gamora and Drax too. Rocket is just too much like a big action figure for me to plunge on him and I'm not as in love with Groot as the rest of the world is so he's not a must either.

VTS Furiosa, QMX McCoy, HT Ripley and Daredevil for me. I don't even collect the Marvel figures but I'll make an exception for DD.

I'd like to pick up the Blitzway Ghostbusters but dropping a grand all at once may be out of my league. I may be in the minority but I wish they would have staggered their releases.

Back