Media Mortal Kombat X

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe so many "like" the story. Story, as with all MK stories (or even most fighting games) are lame / B rated at best.

Good thing I never play fighting games for the story.

At least Mortal Kombat tried to make a story with the last few games, while Street Fighter has been doing the same bland formula from the 90s with next to zero story.

The story doesnt have to be Game of Thrones, but the new story looks interesting and like a fun moving comic book. If you love the characters it's exciting to see what goes down in an actual canon story.

We can see that the story mode spans over twenty years for some characters. I'm hoping for some actual development and growth from many of them (the comics have already given us new sides of Scorpion, Kenshi, Goro as well as building up new characters.

Full MKX Roster
mXX5qBr.jpg

I think there's definitely 5-6 duds in the lineup based on what we've seen... would have preferred some more ninjas, robots, Fujin or Shang Tsung to come back instead.

Yeah, Noob and Cyrax are big misses for me. I don't mind some new characters...but Jax's daughter does nothing for me...nor does Kung Lao's cousin or whatever. Takeda looks cool, Cassie Cage makes sense, D'vorah intrigues me, Kotal I have some hopes for as well, the others. I'd rather switch out some of the new characters.

And I'll be pissed if all the new characters kill or kick the asses of all the old classic characters to try to prove to us that he new characters are more skilled.

Very true about Sonya as well! I'm on the fence with Ferra/Tor. But, as of now im not terrible intrigued by him. He even bores me in the comic.

5 hour live stream today at 1pm on twitch. Showing some Goro gameplay out and more. Can't wait to get this game.

I really want this game but I can't see dropping $100 for the ability to play with Predator. I think I might have to wait for the collectors version to drop in price of it gets discounted through Xbox Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Noob and Cyrax are big misses for me. I don't mind some new characters...but Jax's daughter does nothing for me...nor does Kung Lao's cousin or whatever. Takeda looks cool, Cassie Cage makes sense, D'vorah intrigues me, Kotal I have some hopes for as well, the others. I'd rather switch out some of the new characters.

And I'll be pissed if all the new characters kill or kick the asses of all the old classic characters to try to prove to us that he new characters are more skilled.

Cassie Cage only really makes sense if Sonya and Johnny aren't playable, which they are, rendering her pretty much redundant since she's very much an amalgamation of the two of them. Had they left Sonya and Johnny out but kept Cassie, they'd have spots for two other fan favorite classic characters. Leaving out Cassie and keeping Johnny and Sonya would yield one spot for somebody like Noob or Cyrax or Baraka or Rain or...

It doesn't matter much what characters are in the complete roster, sometimes they don't even have a part in the story, that's how it is with these games.

Which is perfectly fine, it can have it's story and have an augmented roster to play with in other modes.

I cant believe so many "like" the story. Story, as with all MK stories (or even most fighting games) are lame / B rated at best.

Good thing I never play fighting games for the story.

The story is pretty decent, I just watched the MK9 story and it's really superior to other fighting games, it's not the last of us but it's quite engaging, it provides a perfect and entertaining excuse for everybody to beat the **** out of each other, and that is always an added value to the gameplay.

I don't know if you have payed any attention to the story this or any other Netherrealm studios games, the way you lump them with the rest of the genre, but they do stand out, in fact, the story in Injustice is as good as some DC animated movies, the comicbook is a little lacking though.

Back