Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story (case closed) + eBay Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story

Stupid questions leads to stupid issues which then leads to stupid feedback and then stupid paypal. Look down the road to avoid stepping in #2.

For example someone that bought my lost Predator. As most of you know this figure is a kit you put together:

Falling apart right out of the box! Not at all worth what I paid, NEVER AGAIN Buyer: spearheart_yautja_2030 ( 23) Jun-21-11 11:05
Reply by ashkanls (Jun-21-11 12:50):
These are kits you have to put together!! Joints were all PERFECT. USER ERROR
Hot Toys Sideshow Lost Predator 2 1/6 scale Elder P1 (#120735384423) US $359.99

This Jackbottom bought this for his kid to wear:

was not happy Buyer: 309alisa ( 35) May-31-11 18:26
Reply by ashkanls (Jun-03-11 12:34):
Buyer didn't read description or understand that this isn't for a human to wear
Custom Wolf Predator 1/6 helmet mask AVPR AVP Hot Toys (#390309925600) US $24.99

Ditto, I have a sealed in brown shipper Mark VI for sale on eBay, but recently got asked by eBay ID sixxrockz "can you take some picture of the actual figure?" :slap

I politely replied with please search other auctions for photos of the actual figure inside this brown shipper =)

I really hope eBay give me a resolution by tomorrow, their 72 hours is almost up... :impatient:

The seller can type in any number for a tracking number. It happens all the time to me. I go on the USPS site, type in the tracking number they gave me and the site tells me there is no information for that tracking number.

BB

yes but they have to be legitimate tracking#'s b/c the money is only released three days after the item is delivered to give the buyer three days to review the item. If the buyer leaves you negative feedback before that three days is up, then obviously the funds won't be released, and the same goes if they leave positive feedback prior to the three days being up the funds are released immediately. Now I suppose they could punch in the tracking # from a different item in and there is no way of knowing, unless of course if the buyers address on ebay has to match the address being shipped to. I can assure you though that just punching in random #'s would not assist a seller in getting the paypal funds released any sooner.

and that is why they claim full amount paypal refund, when sellers are also unreasonable, i mean why should the buyer settle for anything less when he is paying top money for it, most retailers do some compensation, insurance works mostly only if item is lost, i hear not for damages, and like u said i sucked it up on most occassions even though i could have filed a claim, only once was i offered refund,

Seriously, what's your ebay username? :lol

The seller can type in any number for a tracking number. It happens all the time to me. I go on the USPS site, type in the tracking number they gave me and the site tells me there is no information for that tracking number.

BB

Maybe that's because you try to check it just after the package has been dispatched. USPS takes a minimum of 4-24 hours to record a package on their website unless its Expedited.

I get stuff shipped all the time, and when my dealer says he's shipped it and I check the tracking number nothing shows up. However, within the time-frame mentioned above, everything's how it should be.

It's on FedEX, DHL/Blue Dart which have real time tracking right from the moment it's picked up from your place.

Selling statues and collectibles on the Bay is a nightmare waiting to happen. Either as a buyer or as a seller you're going to get seriously disappointed somewhere along the line - to say the least.

As a BUYER, I always make sure I ask about condition of packaging etc if it's important to me. And that's BEFORE I bid. If the seller is difficult, doesn't reply etc, I walk away. And if I DON'T ask, and the thing turns up with wrecked packaging then it's on me. I don't go crying to the seller, because everyone has different standards for collectibility. That would just be my fault for not asking.

As a SELLER, I make sure I describe every last crease in the box, never mind the damn statue. And I put it in big fat red ink too, so nobody misses it. The more detail you provide, the less problems you're gonna hit down the road with 'item significantly not as described' BS. You can never fully protect yourself but it helps.

As far as the OP is concerned, he did nothing wrong IMO, and it was on the buyer to enquire, if the packaging was a particular concern to him. Sadly, PayPal won't see it that way.

Hopefully he can get the item back ok and sell it for a higher price to make up for some of the hassle.

i thought it took 45 days to withdraw the money from the paypal account once payment is made , not sooner, or at least till a feedback is send, recently a seller from whom i bought a mary jane comiq wasnt ready to ship to india, because he needed the funds and was afraid hed have to wait a long time till i left feedback to get his money cleared, since he was undervaluing anyway and insurance wouldnt be a help, i asked him to send several fotos with tags to make sure he wasnt sending a defective one and left a positive feedback as soon as i received tracking #, fortunately nothing was wrong when i got it , and both sides were happy..

I have always been able to withdraw the money from my Paypal account within seconds of receiving a payment. I've withdrawn over $2000 from Ebay sales in the last week.

If you have over 100 feedback it wont hold the funds, and if you enter the tracking numbers the money will be released 3 days after the item is received.

I guess I'm in the minority because I've never had to wait for the money "to be released" by Paypal. Once it hits my account I've always been able to immediately withdraw it via bank transfer.

Help! eBay ruled against me, no big suprise, full refund, fine. However, the buyer sent back a package full of garbage and papers. What can I do?

This is sad, eBay is no longer safe, the buyer blazin173 has perfect feeback since 2003 and now he pulls this crap?

Sounds like you've been ****ed bigtime. I am definitely never selling on ebay. Christ.

Sorry for my lack of advice. I'm almost as interested as you to hear what people will say though.

Help! eBay ruled against me, no big suprise, full refund, fine. However, the buyer sent back a package full of garbage and papers. What can I do?

This is sad, eBay is no longer safe, the buyer blazin173 has perfect feeback since 2003 and now he pulls this crap?

This right here is mail fraud my friend. Contact ebay and the post office IMMEDIATELY!!! This is a federal offense and punishable by law. DO NOT LET THE BUYER GET AWAY WITH THIS!!

This sucks I know. But right now you have a responsibility to follow through and make sure this jerk cannot pull this garbage again. Take detailed photos of the box with the garbage and papers in it and email the pics to eBay. If ebay does nothing then I'd consider going to small claims court. And definately contact your post office or ups/fedex whoever mailed the package. I know this seems like a lot to go through but if you do nothing then you allowed him to make you a victim.

What's the declared weight on the package? That package must have been really light in comparison to a DX01. Might help in your case.

Haven't been following this thread but I'm surprised no one told you to either open it with the delivery man present or film yourself opening it as evidence.

2-4-2012 Update:

Hi Guys, I really need a place to vent, so please bear with me.

Background: With the impending release of Joker 2.0, I decided to put my original Joker DX01 for sale on eBay. I have never taken the figure out of the box (as shown in the picture), so I listed it as brand new, figure never taken out of the box and never displayed.

The Winner emailed me several times before the end of auction and wanted to confirm that the figure is indeed new. I told him the figure is no longer in its original brown shipper, but the figure is brand new and never taken out of the box and never displayed. I offered to send more pictures, but the winner declined. Mind you that the winner never asked about the condition of the box.

Auction ended at $630 plus shipping a little over a week ago.

Today, the Winner opened a claim against me, saying that there is “damage” to the box (the small dent on the top left corner of the box - please see the picture) and wanted a full refund. For us veteran collectors, we know that sideshow ships in brown shippers, so a box with a small dings here and there are normal. I used this exact picture for the eBay listing and the Winner even acknowledged in the claim that the ding can be clearly seen in the picture, but I failed to mentioned it in the listing descriptions? Isn’t the picture part of the listing???

Now PayPal has frozen $650 in my account, and I’m losing sleep over this. If eBay rule against me on this, then I’ll quit eBay forever as a seller.

Need your thoughts on this, am I at fault here?

EDIT 1: The eBay buyer I'm dealing with is blazin173. The wierd thing is that this guys has been on eBay since 2003, 100%. Like I said we had several email correspondences before the auction ended. I even offered to send more close up pitures, but he didn't take me up on the offer. If you don't like what you see in the picture, then why bid on the auction? If you buy a pair of expensive shoes online, do you really expect the shoe box to come in prestine condition??? I never mislead this guy, in the auction description or the email correspondences. If he is that picky about the box, then ask the question before making bids.

Adding other eBay Buyer IDs that you may want to avoid - Courtesy of BuzzyBean, EvilFace and karamazov80:

blazin173, 05925313397, 10silverbolt, 123hewatt, 2012trendsetters, 213jimmy11, 256alison-bates, 9454dana, aardvarkguy1, abreebree, adamb821, affliction23, alexanderave, amazing_heroes, bamtptplyr, baseballcardkid78, bigrussautos, bitemebotch, blackace5, bluntedtermz, bnksportscards, bowtiecollection, buddy016166, calsoaf, cam7399, carlos_713, catracholoco713, cellwanger81, chawana_73, chris.world.industries, cilencio1, cleve9111, codeecat, currinjaw-d, damon_ana, dawgette2008, dforce2, dmjohns88, draderz2, dragon-curse, dwyerja, eaglesports_0, ealvarab, elementsk8er948, enrique1382, esoracco, ewolfe37, farisrenee, fascistpork, figthtfigureslot, foreverannoyed, fotix03, glasslandchris, goodale2, guinnesscasey47, hellfireta, hotlini11, iwantanewcell, jarz1087, jasontianyang, jedimaster71472, jeremyp7450, jjyyeva, jlowlor123, joe261979, josh5531, jpink18, juancarr23, justinrhonda701, king_of_chips94, lamia1805, lovemycac, lowlightjoe, lynnstoys2010, matts651, mchavic07, mikehoe702, mindfreakx, modernist_1, mosportscards2008, newguy106, nobuys, okcards321, oz1944, packrat2-2007, paul_starchild, pbandit87, phillip0576, playball-cards-and-more, quarryview, ravens33160, rd1979ss, renatoromano1, rgshirtsatwnf, rickydoubleyou, rockero48, ronnyberry1, rustyandethel, scalafini123, secondhandonline, sifrao200, smitty1379, sportzhandi, ss64chevy, statuehunter, stevenichols21, stjohnson138, stroberts44, super-hot-packs, sw-hotcards, tarasciosabina64sabina, terry.currelley, the-card-connection, timo9, tmacdad76, traciecook11, trakizl11, travis92travy, ultimate8pac, unlovedtrzs, warrenshobby, westanonan, 1970si, 2012trendsetters, 510shopquest, acerafici2011, altheneas, batugan001, bbell1059, bitemebotch, bleachmerv, bobbr7123, celticpredatorwanter, chrstbern19, circa*1999, datelusive1, deadpool888, diggertwo, docfr8, feb_ulous626, foreverjacko1993, gccbid, gigiacla, gloriabutler1954, graphics_ever, guardianangels1969, gw001a0003_3, henrycow9, herderp123, inferno_gn, itacoaster2011, jangminsu, jeff21, jesicasman7, katieru425, maartin2006, madoldbiddy, mjb_tjs, mph3436, nightchillers, omarj19, pristinecollect, rejoker316, reverb123, rockmanrotties, rome_325, ronfar70, rui23mj, sayles_brad, sbblue, scythe_meister, seanlangs, seblebonlebon, shagholio, sheisanosborne, showcase97, skadsinatra, skuzzzzy, spideyrules, stephen0824, tamthain, ultimate8pac, unctrhls110, utaylor77, vincelyn2002, vivacantando, woundedtiger, wyp-productions, xjonathanstrifex, yellowroseofiowa, yesdudesir, zerocool3709, 48432517@deleted, $liroy$, 123laskoski, 6021morgan, ascd, bluesami, chilloz, clindo22, d33e4952dd4a95abc342e91c58452bb611611470, drmess, earrings79, ebuy-n-esell, elementmaster11, eringural, fargogreen20, glennlmiller, goallincom, great$white, ground-dog, imat_shopping, inthegood, kalliope1997, khaldi1, kirasoon, lcmuddawg, limitedpotentialonline, onlyfinebooksaccepted, rdanacunningham18, shanemactravor, thing34, wallace1111, wd40oil, 74932786@deleted, [email protected], [email protected]

The box he returned, is it the same box you sent or has made an entire swap??

In case he has, you can email the same to the ebay guys. Or just picture another DX 01 box in hand and say he switchec boxes. If he's being a c u n *, two can deifinitely play that game.

Wow this really sucks, sorry you have to deal with this scam. Like everyone else said, report it to ebay immediately. Really makes me not want to sell on ebay ever again.

Ah, the old "send back the package without item" trick. In most cases the seller always loses out.

That sucks. Good luck man.

wait so they kept the figure, and now your out the money and the figure???

I swear, this is getting ridiculous. Ebay needs to designate certain shipping companies as ebay shipping friendly, and have these companies varify the items before they are shipped off especially in cases were customers are getting refunds esspecially for anything over $100. It would be an easy way to protect sellers from this.

I sell alot of hot toys online, and I swear if this happens to me, I am going to that individuals address myself, and when I get there I'm not just gonna want my hot toy back if you get my drift.:gah:

I think after the initial fee, the final value fee, paypal fee, any other fees I'm missing, shipping, and the possibility of having a horrible transaction experience like this one, in most cases you're better off just keeping what you have.

I've been lucky on ebay but then again, I haven't sold nearly as much as others.

Perhaps people should now add 'Any returned items will be filmed, opened and inspected in front of delivery man' after the 'Returns Accepted' bit.

The outerbox is the same I sent inside he replaced figure with an empty brown shipper stuffed with heavy grade paper tubes and lots of papper padding around it. The weight is similar to what you'd expect a figure to be.

At first I thought he just packed the return very good, since he is picky about box condition. That is until I opened it. I picked this up at the post office, and did manage to get a written statement from the clerk. The thing is that anything over 250 needs a police report per eBay policy, and the local station said they don't handle cases like this WTF??? Your tax dollar at work...

Back