More Jokers from Hot Toys?What would you like to see?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Joker do you prefer?

• Total voters
Its just being in agreement. "that guy looks like an ass. I KNOW...right? doesn't he?! "

Its like europeans being like, that guy looks like an ass, no?

I thought I recognised it from a film or tv show - like some fictional character's idiosyncrasy that made it into everyday language.

I wouldn't buy either - I'm happy with what we've got. The only other DK figure I'd buy would be an Alfred, or some new version of Batman.

Whoa that is an awesome price. I might actually end up picking that and a truetype up and actually get some use out of the V1 sculpt.

Hmmm, that'd definitely be a way to sell more tickets - a lot of people who might not normally go would probably want to see if the "new actor" did as good as/better than Heath (probably the same people who went to see TDK because of the circumstances surrounding his death). It would be a gutsy move on Nolan's part to recast the role, though. I imagine there would be a lot of people who believe the role should only be played by Ledger and who would be upset by a recast, likewise it would be a brave actor who would take on the role - having to walk the line between impersonation and taking the character too far from what was established in TDK.

I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if Ledger played an important, albeit minor role in the next film through the use of archival footage and digital manipulation, much in the same way Brando was featured in Superman Returns. That would allow Nolan to still make use of the character while at the same time not angering fans with a new actor.

They recast Rachel. Recasting is part of making sequels. I would agree that Heath gave a definitive performance, but they could recast it but make it like he may or may not be the original Joker - like the "Joker" is a state of mind. Since his origins are always supposed to be mysterious this is one character it might work with. You just start the film with the death of the Joker in Arkham. But he pops up looking different in the course of the film.

They recast Rachel. Recasting is part of making sequels. I would agree that Heath gave a definitive performance, but they could recast it but make it like he may or may not be the original Joker - like the "Joker" is a state of mind. Since his origins are always supposed to be mysterious this is one character it might work with. You just start the film with the death of the Joker in Arkham. But he pops up looking different in the course of the film.

That could work, but the way Nolan works there will probably be 3 new villains instead. A mob boss, a main villain, and a side villain. Like BB had Falcone, Scarecrow, and Ra's al Ghul and TDK had Maroni, Joker, and Two-Face. A Joker cameo would be cool where like you only saw the back of his head or something.

Screw that. Heath is the only Joker now. Unless they do a reboot, I never want to see another Joker. They'll end it with three films, then if they want to do new ones they can.

I love the set it the best Joker kit with good price and free shipping.
The only setback is the long skirt. I just alter the length of the skirt a 1/4" shorter to make it look more perfectly fit.
DSC09514-1-1.jpg

DSC09518-1.jpg

:D

True, but there was not the same level of emotions involved in recasting Rachel. As for a whole new character assuming the Joker persona, I guess that could work, but it would be a gutsy move to show any version of that character not played by Ledger.

I take back what I said about creating a digital performance for the next film though. Nolan spoke in a pretty negative way about the digital work done to create Oliver Reed's performance in Gladiator, so I now don't think he'd go down that route.

I'm not sure CG would hold up anyways. We've never seen any CG humans up close enough, they're always further away or in motion. It would work fine to have a new villain, but I think it would be more successful to cast a new person as a new Joker--as long as they're mysterious enough.

I meant CG in the same way they used existing footage of Oliver Reed and Marlon Brando for Gladiator and Superman Returns, but I get what you mean.

I scoffed at those who wanted the Bank Robber Joker figure even had it not included the superior head sculpt just to have a figure from that mere 6 minute scene, yet I can't wait to have a great looking nurse Joker, myself. I suppose that makes me a hypocrite. :wacky

That eBay set looks great! It's not entirely accurate from what I could tell. The belt is really wrong. It should be slightly off color (not white) with silver fasteners in the middle connecting the ends together with another metal loop to hold back the excess. The skirt is also slightly too long as mentioned. The mask's elastic bands should loop around the ears but it's obvious why they don't appear to and were probably not made to do. Also, I'm curious where they got the name "Ada" from on the name tag? I've seen this scene numerous times and could never make out anything, as if the tag were blank. It should also be wider. The pen was actually silver in color but did have a dark colored clip. Finally, the Joker has make-up on his fingertips as well as long nails. Yeah, I know. :duh

But for crying out loud, the entire set costs $37! For what's offered that's a steal! The nurse uniform actually looks pretty accurate, criticisms aside, even the hue of pink used! The Harvey Dent sticker seems spot on as well as the rest of the outfit, from the black socks to the white, kind of clownish looking shoes. The detonator is wrong, but aside from the green light that's clearly visible in the shot, it hardly matters as you'd have to really look carefully and repeatedly to make out the details of the device. What little can be discerned.

Anyway, it sounds like I'm ripping on this set, but I'm not! For all that's being offered, this is a must buy! (It especially helps if you're not anal. :p )

Last edited:
In terms of the Nowlan Universe, the Joker's story, as well as Two Face's is told.

I love the set it the best Joker kit with good price and free shipping.
The only setback is the long skirt. I just alter the length of the skirt a 1/4" shorter to make it look more perfectly fit.
DSC09514-1-1.jpg

DSC09518-1.jpg

:D

Nice! I just bought this off of Ebay a few minutes ago.

I love both police and nurse. But what's important to me is that they make the HS with a better expression. I'd like the next one with an HS that expresses the character's maniac nature. One with open mouth laughing would be great.

I love both police and nurse. But what's important to me is that they make the HS with a better expression. I'd like the next one with an HS that expresses the character's maniac nature. One with open mouth laughing would be great.

They're done with it now though aren't they? I think its a pity if thats the case, I hope I'm wrong.

I really think we need at least one more Joker with a laughing face sculpt..and commissioner gordon.

Back