MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a miss on that Mondo jacket. It's completely inaccurate. Headsculpts look really good though.
Looks like they removed the blue hoodie from the original prototype (and hoped no-one would notice) simply to make the cheap jacket look less puffy.....

I won't even mention the boots...LOL

Would love to get this figure as a lifelong Carpenter fan, but I'm having a hard time justifying the Hot Toys price for a figure built from a random assortment of inconsistent quality parts.
I expect there will be a few custom clothing runs to upgrade Mondo's figure to add the blue hoodie, a real leather jacket, and better boots, which is not to say that custom upgrades should be necessary, particularly because the development time on this figure was so long.

I almost paid the extra shipping for 3-day UPS, but chickened out at the last minute. Domestic Standard it is. :LOL:

And pass. $338 shipped to the U.S. for the timed edition. Needs improvements before I even consider paying that much.
I'm confused. Domestic shipping is free. Even with my state sales tax of 9%, the figure is only $288.59...

First 'in hand' photo:

Macready__PP-003.jpg

;)

Sometimes I think we focus too much on what we feel is wrong with something, rather than what is cool about it, as collectors. If I had space, I would nab this. That being said, NECA scale is more cost and space effective for me at this time (after collecting over 3 decades now). I realize none of these things are ever perfect. Heck, even Rainman's amazing Psycho set, I can find things wrong with. Namely the lack of undergarments, stocking, and shoes on Mrs. Bates, and the incorrect design of the chair she sits in. It didn't stop me from getting that set though, because.....there's nothing out there.

If you want a Mac, and NECA isn't gonna "scratch that itch", this may be your best bet unless you go unlicensed custom.

Sometimes I think we focus too much on what we feel is wrong with something, rather than what is cool about it, as collectors. If I had space, I would nab this. That being said, NECA scale is more cost and space effective for me at this time (after collecting over 3 decades now). I realize none of these things are ever perfect. Heck, even Rainman's amazing Psycho set, I can find things wrong with. Namely the lack of undergarments, stocking, and shoes on Mrs. Bates, and the incorrect design of the chair she sits in. It didn't stop me from getting that set though, because.....there's nothing out there.

If you want a Mac, and NECA isn't gonna "scratch that itch", this may be your best bet unless you go unlicensed custom.
Very well said. This figure certainly scratched my itch and seeing as how I don't own too many collectibles anymore, so I had no problem jumping on board.

Cl
I'm looking at their collectibles on their website. I knew they did the 12" Batman and X-Men figures, but definitely see what you are talking about. The price point is even less surprising seeing them sell a straight up plastic figure like this for $300:

https://mondoshop.com/collections/c...yer-scale-action-figure-mondo-crimson-variant
From the perspective of a company that does things like this, Barbie clothes is probably considered appropriate.
Clothes are cheaper than sculpting.

Very well said. This figure certainly scratched my itch and seeing as how I don't own too many collectibles anymore, so I had no problem jumping on board.
I am in the same boat. I have been waiting for a Mac to go with my Plissken and Burton. None of them are perfect, not even close. I will never be able to afford custom prices, but I can slowly upgrade if I feel the need. I don't though, it works for me.

PRODUCT INCLUDES​

• MacReady Figure
  • Fabric Faux Leather Jacket
  • Fabric Flight Suit
  • Fabric Under Shirt
  • Faux Leather Belt
  • Standard Head
  • Frozen Head
  • Spider-Head Creature - Articulated figure*
  • Mutated Dog Creature Figure*
  • Shot Gun
  • Pistol