Ultimate M3GAN from NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld54

Super Freak
Reaction score
Q2 2024...looks solid. Cheaper alternative to Mondo's 1/6 scale offering.

Attachments

• 20230930_192652.jpg
    20230930_192652.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 152
Surprised NECA didn’t jump on this sooner.

I’ll stick with the Mondo as i think this figure needs rooted hair since it’s a doll.

Surprised NECA didn’t jump on this sooner.

I’ll stick with the Mondo as i think this figure needs rooted hair since it’s a doll.
Most figures have an 18 month turnaround. So I’d say they actually jumped on this fairly quickly given all the work that happens before a prototype is even revealed to the public.

I do have to wonder how long until we get a Chucky vs M3gan movie. She’s really the modern version of Chucky except AI instead of being possessed by a serial killer. New school vs old school. Curious where the sequel goes.

Definitely buying this (I hope Neca fixed their limbs falling off issues), it looks good and I think it'll be funny having it next to the 1/6 version lol

Definitely buying this (I hope Neca fixed their limbs falling off issues), it looks good and I think it'll be funny having it next to the 1/6 version lol
I have a gazillion Neca figures, and aside from the earliest Loomis/ Myers release from ages ago, I have never had any QC issues. There was a major problem with limbs falling off of those, but that was when the company was new and learning the ropes.

I have a gazillion Neca figures, and aside from the earliest Loomis/ Myers release from ages ago, I have never had any QC issues. There was a major problem with limbs falling off of those, but that was when the company was new and learning the ropes.
Thanks for the info, that's great to hear! I stopped buying Neca when a few of my Pacific Rim figures fell apart but to be fair most of my other Neca were fine at that point. I'm happy to know it's not a common thing, I'll buy this without fear lol

Thanks for the info, that's great to hear! I stopped buying Neca when a few of my Pacific Rim figures fell apart but to be fair most of my other Neca were fine at that point. I'm happy to know it's not a common thing, I'll buy this without fear lol
Oh yeah, fellow freak. They have improved by leaps and bounds from those early days. I about pooped my pants when I opened my box set and Loomis's arm broke. 15 years later, and the new Loomis is as pliable as a yoga teacher, and no breaks. The only thing I hate about Neca these days are the cardboard hangers being part of the box instead of plastic tabs. Its harder to get a mint box . Other than that: I have zero complaints.

Oh yeah, fellow freak. They have improved by leaps and bounds from those early days. I about pooped my pants when I opened my box set and Loomis's arm broke. 15 years later, and the new Loomis is as pliable as a yoga teacher, and no breaks. The only thing I hate about Neca these days are the cardboard hangers being part of the box instead of plastic tabs. Its harder to get a mint box . Other than that: I have zero complaints.

With NECA, usually it helps to preheat before articulating.

On of my E.T. arms snapped when I tried to pose the figure.

I feel with NECA figures, the plastic is a little too stiff - in comparison, the Storm Collectibles or Jada Street Fighter 2 lines are quite pliable while still maintaining the poses.

Most figures have an 18 month turnaround. So I’d say they actually jumped on this fairly quickly given all the work that happens before a prototype is even revealed to the public.

Also, M3GAN was a semi surprise hit.

Most collectible companies probably did not have merchandise licensing deals in place prior to the movie’s release to take advantage of the initial hype train (i.e. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, etc).

NECA and Mondo probably approached Universal after it became a blockbuster hit (relative to the film’s small budget).

Back