MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks good. Expression is based on his face right after he fries the Norris spider head.
IMG_0608.jpeg

I do think they realised the headsculpt is key so I wouldn't be surprised if they hired a freelancer like Yi Xie to do it.

Last edited:
Much better, but ideally I'd like to see the brown jacket reworked with a thinner material so that it's not so puffy and rigid looking. I'd also like to see more detail in the boots if possible.

Don't get me wrong, a 1/6 MacReady is a must have piece. That high-end one that was recently released is obviously a work of art, and with a hefty price tag. A decent quality, fair priced mass released version would be most welcome. I hope this gets improved and makes it to production.

Agreed. Mondo, please push to make these changes. As Mr.E mentioned, a mass produced MacReady would be most welcome in the 1/6 world, but it deserves at the very least Blitzway quality and attention to detail. The result will hopefully be good sales. I know I would gladly pick one up if they can make the changes we are asking for.

The new headsculpt is amazing.

Something seems off with the eyes though.
1) Where would this be ordered from? (I don't know the way MONDO works - never ordered anything from them).​
2) Does anyone have a link to the "high end" one @Mr.E mentioned above?​

I cannot recall specifically the artists involved, but there was one on eBay the other day with an asking price of nearly $5000usd, and it looked great.

Nope, it was a 1/6 scale figure. I think, and I could be mistaken, that KJun was one of the artists involved in the figure.
Yes that was a KJun project. I did all the accessories, boots, gloves, etc., Ropa did the clothing, and Tetsu did the hairing for the head sculpt and beard. Cheung Kinmen did the Norris spider.

Back