MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20231027_203557_Instagram.jpg

Oh HELL YEAH!

If the production copies look like that then we're in for a treat.

I'm thinking I need at least 2 of these.

Do we know if this is limited numbers, or is it just a timed release? (I remember SOMETHING [no pun] being mentioned in one of the vids uploaded here).

Looks good overall here. Sculpts have a good likeness, nice accessories. Not sure about the jacket, or what to expect in terms of overall quality, however. Sounds like you only get the creatures with the exclusive, so that's definitely the only way to go. I reckon I'm going to pre-order.

Do we know if this is limited numbers, or is it just a timed release? (I remember SOMETHING [no pun] being mentioned in one of the vids uploaded here).

They call one the "Timed Edition," so I'm assuming they will make enough to satisfy demand.

It would have been nice to get the cowboy hat look as one of the sculpts…I was kinda expecting that to be the Mondo “timed deluxe exclusive”, so only myself to blame for being disappointed I guess.

But, the likeness has greatly improved from the first unveiling, and I love the movie too much to pass on this one. Who knows when this character will be done again, licensed or otherwise. Between this, Nada, Escape from New York figures coming from Asmus (and possibly Sideshow with their general license announcement?)…Carpenter fans are going to be eating good!

Now if someone could do an updated Jack Burton please, that’d be great.

Hope I can pick one of these up, looks really good. The Thing creatures look gross and excellent.

Going to be expensive if it's only going to be available direct from Mondo.

$265 + shipping + VAT + fees. :confused:

They also don't appear to take deposits, but either full amount or an interest free credit monthly payment option.

Going to be expensive if it's only going to be available direct from Mondo.

$265 + shipping + VAT + fees. :confused:

They also don't appear to take deposits, but either full amount or an interest free credit monthly payment option.
Yeah, I was thinking it might be a bit pricey.

But it's R.J. MacReady guys :yess:- when are we going to get another shot at something like this, and looking this good ?!?!?! :panic:

For me, it's worth every penny - and the price is in the same region as the EXO-6 "Trek" stuff so I think it's very fair :blissy

But it's R.J. MacReady guys :yess:- when are we going to get another shot at something like this, and looking this good ?!?!?! :panic:

For me, it's worth every penny - and the price is in the same region as the EXO-6 "Trek" stuff so I think it's very fair :blissy

It would be better if they let other retailers sell their product. Then we could avoid the 20% addition to the item cost and shipping, and the courier's cut.

You never know, this could trigger a third party to make him as well. SooSoo's production, for example, would likely be better than Mondo's.

It would be better if they let other retailers sell their product. Then we could avoid the 20% addition to the item cost and shipping, and the courier's cut.

You never know, this could trigger a third party to make him as well. SooSoo's production, for example, would likely be better than Mondo's.

Yeah - it would be better for US as it could reduce shipping costs, but it would reduce their profit margin.

I'm not sure how large/stable a company they are - so don't don't know what the effect on them would be if they took that route. I've never bought anything off them before (came close on a couple of posters over the years but never bit).

Along with Snake, and the human characters from Predator (and PARTICULARLY Predator 2), this is an area that is very sparsely populated in my collection - so I'll buy anything of quality that comes out going forward.

You mentioned "courier" - do they not use USPS?

Yeah - it would be better for US as it could reduce shipping costs, but it would reduce their profit margin.

I'm not sure how large/stable a company they are - so don't don't know what the effect on them would be if they took that route. I've never bought anything off them before (came close on a couple of posters over the years but never bit).

Along with Snake, and the human characters from Predator (and PARTICULARLY Predator 2), this is an area that is very sparsely populated in my collection - so I'll buy anything of quality that comes out going forward.

You mentioned "courier" - do they not use USPS?

By courier, I mean whoever makes the final delivery in the UK will be the one extracting the 20% tax on the item and shipping cost. For doing that they also charge an administration fee of $13 or so.

It all adds up, and at present the figure doesn't look like it's worth that much. It could be bad photos but the sculpt paint doesn't look great, and the jacket is iffy. Someone on Kit's FB went as far as writing, "Looks like a Barbie with a hs from Sean Dabbs
😂
" (!)

Back