Action Figure Mondo God of War 1/6 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed out on another information;

World Box thanked another netizen on the feedback that they are glad that WB is tackling Papa Kratos finally and ends with, how about a son then?

Take this information as you will but it's likely Atreus will be next.

Never bought the Mondo Kratos because it looked like a big Neca figure and lacked proper paint apps, heard articulation was very limited too so I ended up settling for the Neca Kratos & Atreus double pack but unfortunately they have tons of QC issues and came with missing parts which I couldn't get replacements for.

Kratos is one of my most wanted 1/6 figures and I'm happy to see other companies making him but don't like the one by SWToys, the one from WorldBox is promising but some people in the industry have warned me about their quality and paint still being outdated compared to other companies but hell if it looks good and they come out with an Atreus then I'll probably get it, don't see many others making him or Atreus and I sure as **** won't pay $500 for a QS/InArt Kratos just for a rooted beard, I'm against a seamless body too for many obvious reasons.

You can follow the WorldBox Kratos thread on the BBICN chinese forums here:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=385729

I have yet to see anybody figure out how to do a seamless body that can hold paint, so I don't know how you'd ever be able to give Kratos the ashen texture, his tattoo, or paint up his scars.
Because you can't. Every seamless body out there is just a plain silicone rubbery body, for a reason. There's none out there that holds paint, tattoo or scar details well. Even that Last of Us 2 Ellie figure with the tattoo paint on the seamless forearm had problems with it rubbing off and disappearing. Imagine trying to do Kratos body on one where you have to apply white ashan paint, tattoo on top of it and also a stomach scar. A QC nightmare. I rather they focus and do a good job on his jointed body where they match his proportion and size to the game.

And honestly, if they're doing his Ragnorok look, you won't even see any joints besides his left shoulder. Why would you even do seamless for this?

2t4ae90mfrz71.jpg

Because you can't. Every seamless body out there is just a plain silicone rubbery body, for a reason. There's none out there that holds paint, tattoo or scar details well. Even that Last of Us 2 Ellie figure with the tattoo paint on the seamless forearm had problems with it rubbing off and disappearing. Imagine trying to do Kratos body on one where you have to apply white ashan paint, tattoo on top of it and also a stomach scar. A QC nightmare. I rather they focus and do a good job on his jointed body where they match his proportion and size to the game.

And honestly, if they're doing his Ragnorok look, you won't even see any joints besides his left shoulder. Why would you even do seamless for this?

2t4ae90mfrz71.jpg
A seamless body for Kratos would be impossible because of all the things you mention, with such a figure the focus should really be on the articulation itself and all the other details his body has, luckily the Ragnarok design has the sleeves and fur cloak that should cover all his joints but the likelyhood of the WorldBox version having double jointed elbows is slim since they will probably want to have the sleeveless look as well, the one thing I've seen that limits the articulation on all the Kratos releases is the shoulder pads and a lot of the outfit being sculpted, there should be a balance between both mediums but everyone goes for the easier sculpted route and I understand to a degree, it's much easier to mass produce but the final result will be more or less what we've seen in the past, a big 7 inch figure, but whatever I want a 1/6 Kratos and if the WorldBox one looks good I'll probably go for it despite some people in the industry telling me to not expect really high quality.

A seamless body for Kratos would be impossible because of all the things you mention, with such a figure the focus should really be on the articulation itself and all the other details his body has, luckily the Ragnarok design has the sleeves and fur cloak that should cover all his joints but the likelyhood of the WorldBox version having double jointed elbows is slim since they will probably want to have the sleeveless look as well, the one thing I've seen that limits the articulation on all the Kratos releases is the shoulder pads and a lot of the outfit being sculpted, there should be a balance between both mediums but everyone goes for the easier sculpted route and I understand to a degree, it's much easier to mass produce but the final result will be more or less what we've seen in the past, a big 7 inch figure, but whatever I want a 1/6 Kratos and if the WorldBox one looks good I'll probably go for it despite some people in the industry telling me to not expect really high quality.

The biggest limiting factor on the Mondo Kratos is just the size of his muscles. He may as well not have shoulder articulation at all, considering how much his giant serratus muscles prevent his arms from moving. He's got like a 20° range of motion, max.

The biggest limiting factor on the Mondo Kratos is just the size of his muscles. He may as well not have shoulder articulation at all, considering how much his giant serratus muscles prevent his arms from moving. He's got like a 20° range of motion, max.
I don't own it so I wouldn't know, the body on it looks really limiting so I'm not surprised, the thing is I'm not sure how happy collectors would be if you were to have more articulation points on the arms and even butterfly joints, sure articulation would increase a lot but then it would REALLY just look like a big toy, Kratos is a figure that needs a lot of R&D in order to achieve the perfect balance between articulation, aesthetics and materials, I hope someone gets it right in the future.

I don't own it so I wouldn't know, the body on it looks really limiting so I'm not surprised, the thing is I'm not sure how happy collectors would be if you were to have more articulation points on the arms and even butterfly joints, sure articulation would increase a lot but then it would REALLY just look like a big toy, Kratos is a figure that needs a lot of R&D in order to achieve the perfect balance between articulation, aesthetics and materials, I hope someone gets it right in the future.

I'd choose to carve out space under his arms to let his arms sit flush at his side and increase his side to side movement. But that's the kind of sacrifice most people in this hobby seem very averse to.

Never bought the Mondo Kratos because it looked like a big Neca figure and lacked proper paint apps, heard articulation was very limited too so I ended up settling for the Neca Kratos & Atreus double pack but unfortunately they have tons of QC issues and came with missing parts which I couldn't get replacements for.

Kratos is one of my most wanted 1/6 figures and I'm happy to see other companies making him but don't like the one by SWToys, the one from WorldBox is promising but some people in the industry have warned me about their quality and paint still being outdated compared to other companies but hell if it looks good and they come out with an Atreus then I'll probably get it, don't see many others making him or Atreus and I sure as **** won't pay $500 for a QS/InArt Kratos just for a rooted beard, I'm against a seamless body too for many obvious reasons.

You can follow the WorldBox Kratos thread on the BBICN chinese forums here:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=385729
Hmm I heard those LIM guys put out quality work. Maybe they could take a crack 🤔

I think WB is starting to get better with their paint apps. Hopefully their Kratos has better gear that is 100% material like leather. For me if they do a rooted beard then we won't have to worry about Inart. Lol but I'm happy with a good sculpt of two or three, that would be welcoming like a calm but serious face, angry screaming face, and angry teeth gritting face. I know they might go single jointed elbows but I hope they go double jointed with good skin detail, and scars from the blades of chaos. And if he comes with removeable armor pieces then no need to worry about articulation being shown because they are planning on doing expansion packs for armor.

In every thread I go there is a small group of ppl obsessed with seamless bodies and I can't really understand why, do you want your figures crack after 5 years or earlier? Silicone can't keep paint well, can't adapt well with a temperature changes,I believe most of us don't have temperature controlled display rooms, some of us live in a cold area, some in heat... I don't own any seamless bodies for the exact reasons, bc I want my figures to ''live eternity'' when I want seamless stuff I buy statues.

About Kratos I just wish Limtoys made one.They would make him badass,tall and handsome, while everyone else makes him short and super old looking. I say no to the rooted beard, I don't have nerve for restyling it and once dust goes in you can't really do anything with it. Well sculpted textured beard would be good.

Last edited:
In every thread I go there is a small group of ppl obsessed with seamless bodies and I can't really understand why, do you want your figures crack after 5 years or earlier? Silicone can't keep paint well, can't adapt well with a temperature changes,I believe most of us don't have temperature controlled display rooms, some of us live in a cold area, some in heat... I don't own any seamless bodies for the exact reasons, bc I want my figures to ''live eternity'' when I want seamless stuff I buy statues.

About Kratos I just wish Limtoys made one.They would make him badass,tall and handsome, while everyone else makes him short and super old looking. I say no to the rooted beard, I don't have nerve for restyling it and once dust goes in you can't really do anything with it. Well sculpted textured beard would be good.
Hardly "obsessed" with seamless bodies. I just don't like large visible joints; it ruins the look of a figure for me and diminishes the realism factor.

If a figure doesn't have seamless shoulders, elbows, knees, etc. then I'm just gonna pass on it no matter how much I like the character or want a figure of them and that's just my preference. I don't care what reasons or justifications there are for using a jointed body; I just find them ugly and unappealing and it distracts me from the rest of the figure.

Only time a seamless type body or at least upper body worked with paint and detail was Hot toys Hellboy from 2019 movie I have that figure since day one and still in good condition I only wish they used more metal skeleton like phicen as opposed to a mix of metal and plastic as the right arm joint isn't tight enough and springs back to it's usual position at times. Though honestly jointed bodies don't always look ugly they started this way and eventually will keep that trend going it's just more durable and long lasting.

Hardly "obsessed" with seamless bodies. I just don't like large visible joints; it ruins the look of a figure for me and diminishes the realism factor.

If a figure doesn't have seamless shoulders, elbows, knees, etc. then I'm just gonna pass on it no matter how much I like the character or want a figure of them and that's just my preference. I don't care what reasons or justifications there are for using a jointed body; I just find them ugly and unappealing and it distracts me from the rest of the figure.
It's totally fine if you'll pass on it. We still gonna buy it no worries.
Only time a seamless type body or at least upper body worked with paint and detail was Hot toys Hellboy from 2019 movie I have that figure since day one and still in good condition I only wish they used more metal skeleton like phicen as opposed to a mix of metal and plastic as the right arm joint isn't tight enough and springs back to it's usual position at times. Though honestly jointed bodies don't always look ugly they started this way and eventually will keep that trend going it's just more durable and long lasting.
I used to have first BvS Wonderwoman and haven even left her in any intense poses,when one day I discovered cracks on her armpits. So since then haven't got any. Most of the characters are dressed up so if u can have a seam at head u can have a seam at wrists as well lol I don't have a problem. I collect high end collector dolls as well, that's probably why I don't have issues with joints as they have always been there and it's very much normal thing for me.

Last edited:
It's totally fine if you'll pass on it. We still gonna buy it no worries.

I used to have first BvS Wonderwoman and haven even left her in any intense poses,when one day I discovered cracks on her armpits. So since then haven't got any. Most of the characters are dressed up so if u can have a seam at head u can have a seam at wrists as well lol I don't have a problem. I collect high end collector dolls as well, that's probably why I don't have issues with joints as they have always been there and it's very much normal thing for me.
Exactly jointed bodies if done right aren't really an issue. I'm more ok with having a good accurate body with joints then a seamless one that will tare and crack if left in a pose for to long. I know a lot of people complain about Drax's body but I think HT did the right thing they just should have made his upper half more muscular then what they did the first time. What's sad is we haven't gotten a new Drax since and the first one goes for a lot of money now. Lmao

Hmm I heard those LIM guys put out quality work. Maybe they could take a crack 🤔
I usually say "never say never" but I really doubt we'll make a figure of him, we still have to release our previous stuff and we're working on a bunch of other things, plus we have Mondo, SW and now WorldBox putting out figures of the same character, WorldBox might even make an Atreus too.

Would I love to make him? Hell yeah I would but unfortunately things don't always align with what we want, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the WorldBox version despite being warned about their outdated methods, but if they make a good looking Kratos I'll probably cave in because the Mondo and SW versions just don't cut it for me and I really need a 1/6 Kratos in the collection.

I usually say "never say never" but I really doubt we'll make a figure of him, we still have to release our previous stuff and we're working on a bunch of other things, plus we have Mondo, SW and now WorldBox putting out figures of the same character, WorldBox might even make an Atreus too.

Would I love to make him? Hell yeah I would but unfortunately things don't always align with what we want, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the WorldBox version despite being warned about their outdated methods, but if they make a good looking Kratos I'll probably cave in because the Mondo and SW versions just don't cut it for me and I really need a 1/6 Kratos in the collection.
Personally I don't have high hopes for WB one, based on their track record I have never been impressed, I hope I'm wrong and we all gonna be surprised. Thank you and whole Limtoys team for your quality and hard work! If it was on me, I'd ask Limtoys to make everyone I love haha bc adore your high quality and beautiful work! (Still never say never... in the background my wish remains alive!)

Personally I don't have high hopes for WB one, based on their track record I have never been impressed, I hope I'm wrong and we all gonna be surprised. Thank you and whole Limtoys team for your quality and hard work! If it was on me, I'd ask Limtoys to make everyone I love haha bc adore your high quality and beautiful work! (Still never say never... in the background my wish remains alive!)
Thanks for the support and kind words, just don't count on us making Kratos, as he once said "Keep your expectations low and you will never be disappointed".

Thanks for the support and kind words, just don't count on us making Kratos, as he once said "Keep your expectations low and you will never be disappointed".
You are welcome! It's okay,Nathan, Arthur and Joel are more than enough for me. Keep amazing figures coming,we are here for them!

Back