Action Figure Mondo God of War 1/6 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Don't be sorry, be better...BOY"

NqlEeZC.jpg

rMKPuqv.jpg

9bsyxZL.jpg

8oqqjp8.jpg

PD5CVg7.jpg

Some quick thoughts about Mondo Kratos: Sculpt and paint from head to toe is stellar, a whole different level of quality compared to Mondo's previous 1/6 attempts (one of which I have: Gordon Freeman). The neutral head sculpt is pretty much a perfect toy rendition of Kratos. The angry head sculpt I'm less enamored with but it's better in hand than I originally thought seeing it online. I think the problem with it is that it's not showing enough teeth, or the mustache area is too thick. Still, it's great for dynamic action poses. Kratos is a big boy. nearly 13" tall and dwarfs most regular 1/6 figures. This feels appropriate. The accessories are great -- the best one being Mimir's head, which is another perfect sculpt. His eye is gorgeous and really catches your attention. The exclusive extras are a mixed bag for me. The fully upgraded axe looks great and I'm definitely using that over the standard axe, but when it comes to the Blades of Chaos I actually prefer the standard over the exclusive. The standard Blades have a more complex paint job and a shinier luster compared to the exclusive ones. The shield is magnetic and snaps onto his left arm very well. This works with the chains of the blades as well! The body they used looks fantastic, but movement is definitely limited, although I that could just be due to tightness/stiffness. They don't seem to want to move freely so I might take a blow-dryer to them and see if that helps.

Overall, a truly excellent effort from Mondo. I hope this level of quality continues from them. :)

Well dam. This release came out of no where with no signs.
I'm broke and it's due to release and payment end of this month in the UK.
Going to have to sell something to get him, but honestly guys, your pictures and mini reviews have me sold.

Looking like a great video game figure, shame we don't get more high end ones. Hot Toys just throws a random release here and there and are now stuck on Spiderman PS4 since Iron Man armours will dry up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I'm very surprised about this figure. Didn't know if it would turn out well and I'm sold! Will be getting mines as soon as possible.

Now that he's in-hand, Mondo has definitely redeemed themselves from their shoddy Freeman.

One major issue for me is though he definitely suffers from "potato sacks under arms" syndrome. Getting them flush on his sides is impossible. And they should've made the right gauntlet have a magnet too, so the chains would stay when wrapped around it.

20200925_222135.jpg
20200925_222145.jpg

Still, he looks great, and I think this guy deserves more attention. I'm interested to see what Mondo does next.

Last edited:
I still have this preordered in Australia. Anybody have any idea why it's taking so long to come out there?

It's a travesty their He-Man figures look the way they do when they're capable of producing this kind of quality.

Still waiting for my order in the UK.
My order has just stopped changing the date now, stuck on September 30.
Emailed support and they just have the cage excuse of....it's on special order.

:(

Still waiting for my order in the UK.
My order has just stopped changing the date now, stuck on September 30.
Emailed support and they just have the cage excuse of....it's on special order.

:(

Any update a month later Cloud Warrior? Hope you got your figure!

Any update a month later Cloud Warrior? Hope you got your figure!
Still no luck at all. Contacted the shop (Zavvi) a few times and either told it's on special order or that a note has been passed on to the warehouse.
Wondering at this point if I should absorb the import fees and either get direct or even eBay USA.
Post has been super slow here in the UK though, as I imagine all over the world.
A bad time for expecting things.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Finally got him in hand. After 8 emails back and fourth, complaining, ignored etc etc.
I ordered from a UK shop, well known but now they seem to ship from USA, so even more delay added. I mean after the wait I felt I should of been upgraded to the deluxe edition but they saw otherwise. Now sticking clear of the shop, Zavvi.

Great figure though. Only issue is the body is a little stiff, making me afraid to do the battle stance/primal howl pose.

Awesome to have more video figures that fit in the Hot Toys, high end aesthetic and not looking pure toy.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

I surprised my brother with this for Christmas. Took advantage of Sideshow's Black Friday discount AND used a bunch of reward points. I think the retail price is overpriced and too much, but under $200 is much more fair.

PXL_20201231_031054570.jpgPXL_20201231_031125555.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031135319.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031200660.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not really anything out there with his proportions. Closest is a phicen m35 and even then its a lot smaller and with a far greater waist taper. Then you'd run into the hassle of having to paint the sucker.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

From the pictures I saw, the Mondo body is massive in size and height as well. The M34 and M35 have a lot of muscle mass but they're no taller than an average 1/6 body. At least the M34 I have isn't.

Eh proportions look weird. The mondo body silhouette and muscle sculpt looks better along with the likeness.

So many little things are also less accurate, like they just grabbed generic stuff that looks close. Example the fur, it looks like they're imitating wolf pelt, but it looks nothing like that in-game.

Last edited:
This one looks pretty lousy. The Mondo Kratos is simultaneously very action figure-y and also completely unposable, so there's room to replace it, but this is not that. Should've made Atreus.

Back