Action Figure Mondo God of War 1/6 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Details are nice but there's something in the sculpt just...missing? Neck joint is a bit weird too and is it me or is the axe on the small side?
Yes, it’s obvious the axe is too small. I guess they measure it with a regular figure. Should have been bigger. The neck joint is weird, the one who made that decision needs to be interrogated lol. Like do you even understand why it has to be like that? What are you? Mezco? Head with neck is for a figure with fully clothed to the neck. This will lose some articulation poses too. It needs to be seamless. Personally, Worldbox better detailings but overall body shape is better on Mondo. With repaint, I think Mondo will be better. That is, if Worldbox don’t even try to update this.

He looks small.

Also is that unlicensed? There’s no mention of Sony or PlayStation anywhere.

I'm going to be brutally honest about this, the figure looks better and worse from the Mondo figure depending on what you see in it.

I like the outfit, details on the body, Mimir, and paint but the axe is small, the neck peg looks a bit weird and there's something in the sculpt that throws me off. Still, I prefer this to the Mondo one but I'm torn.

Love the attention to detail with the outfit, but that neck joint, the small body and that tiny axe really do ruin it. There's no way this will be the only figure offering with how highly anticipated this game has been. Looking forward to seeing what other companies come up with.

I think the body is not really small, the illusion made it look small. It lacks the trapezius muscle. Mondo made it, so the shoulders look big and overall bigger looking body. Worldbox don’t really have it and that neck really ruins it.

Do collectors really prefer "cheaper" figures over great ones? I would gladly pay, for instance, an additional 100 USD for the licensed figure with a better head sculpt, seamless neck, and if possible, also seamless shoulders.

Quality over quantity all day :)

Do collectors really prefer "cheaper" figures over great ones? I would gladly pay, for instance, an additional 100 USD for the licensed figure with a better head sculpt, seamless neck, and if possible, also seamless shoulders.

Quality over quantity all day :)
I wouldn't mind the one exposed shoulder joint if the body was bigger, the sculpt was better and that horrible neck joint didn't exist.

When I buy figures it has to look as close as possible to the thing it's based on, this doesn't tick that box for me.

I wouldn't mind the one exposed shoulder joint if the body was bigger, the sculpt was better and that horrible neck joint didn't exist.

When I buy figures it has to look as close as possible to the thing it's based on, this doesn't tick that box for me.
I would probably preorder this one if the neck joint was not there. The screaming head sculpt is fairly decent and the shoulder joints I could live with but I would probably never get over that neck ...

If Mondo is going to make Ragnarok Kratos and cover the elbow joints it would actually be a very nice figure. Their first Kratos was fairly decent (based on the pics) except for the exposed joints which would be covered because of the armor's new design.

Last edited:
Also, could someone please rename this topic to God of War 1/6 Figure? Or if that is not possible let's create a separate thread for Worldbox Kratos.

Maybe they will change the neck seamline but I would not count on that ... fingers crossed.
1668003382159.png

I'm getting it for sure. I played the first 15-20mins of the game last night and I need it. Lol i did also feel the choice of neck joint is weird choice but not a deal breaker and the sculpts are a bit off. The axe I hope is redone to be a bit larger. And I was hoping we get his winter cloak. Also he is bigger then normal figures clearly thats way they showed the comparison to their own normal body.

Last edited:
Man, this one is a huge bummer - really prefer the Ragnarok outfit but this is a step down from the Mondo figure (which I'm now really glad I have).

Back