Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the design team video. There are cats engraved into the armor. What?! Looks Amazing. In for man and cat. Bummed I missed the deluxe He-Man though - I want classic derp face.

It looks like He-Man isn't a timed exclusive, so it should be available until it sells through. It doesn't say exclusive to Mondo either, so they may offer to other sites like BBTS, Sideshow, etc.

I only ever remember having battle armor He-Man and Skeletor w/ fuzzy Panthor. I never had Battle Cat, so this is going to be one grown ass man reliving his young childhood with epic battles!šŸ˜…

Speaking of Panthor, I was wondering about whether Mondoā€™s future release of Skeletorā€™s mount will actually be flocked or not. I wonder which way they are leaning towards?

Has ANYONE actually done a cartoon accurate He Man? A couple have tried with She Ra, one got pretty damn close except they made her eyes so far apart she was more like Hammerhead-Ra. Even the Mondo She Ra looks like she's suddenly half filmation half manga.

I've got an absolutely beautiful She Ra statue (I fell in love with her when I was three so for the nostalgia I had to have her on my office desk...I'm gay a f gimme a break) But I've never seen a single decent figure or statue that looked like He Man, EXCEPT for an Adam figure which had the exact right face but a He Man never followed.

What are the odds that Mondo will eventually release a pared down Battle Cat with only the main helmet head at a lower cost?

What are the odds that Mondo will eventually release a pared down Battle Cat with only the main helmet head at a lower cost?
Good question. For now they're indicating it's the only Battle Cat, but that could be BS.
I'm torn with this...

Good question. For now they're indicating it's the only Battle Cat, but that could be BS.
I'm torn with this...
If they do re release Battle Cat in the future, even if itā€™s a basic version, it will most certainly cost more than this one we have now. Just look at original release He-Man to this most current basic re release. Original Mondo He-Man was sold at $165 for the deluxe version. The ā€œnewā€ basic is $235! The ā€œnewā€ deluxe version from earlier in the year was $260. Thatā€™s nearly a $100 difference! Any future re release of BC or of any figure for that matter is going to be more money. If you really want BC and have the funds for it, get him now. Less than 13 hours remaining at the time I post this to lock him in at the price with shipping included!

If they do re release Battle Cat in the future, even if itā€™s a basic version, it will most certainly cost more than this one we have now. Just look at original release He-Man to this most current basic re release. Original Mondo He-Man was sold at $165 for the deluxe version. The ā€œnewā€ basic is $235! The ā€œnewā€ deluxe version from earlier in the year was $260. Thatā€™s nearly a $100 difference! Any future re release of BC or of any figure for that matter is going to be more money. If you really want BC and have the funds for it, get him now. Less than 13 hours remaining at the time I post this to lock him in at the price with shipping included!
Ah, good point and thanks for the history on prices. I guess worst case I can easily sell it and get my money back if I change my mind.

I did it:whistle:o_O:p
sweating-gif-4.gif

I passed on Battlecat and I will probably regret it, but $500 for a collection rearranger was just too much. I really went through the range of emotions all week lol

I passed on Battlecat and I will probably regret it, but $500 for a collection rearranger was just too much. I really went through the range of emotions all week lol
I did too but I went back the other way. ā€œWhere will Battle Cat fit? ā€¦Iā€™ll just deal with it when it gets here.ā€

Has ANYONE actually done a cartoon accurate He Man? A couple have tried with She Ra, one got pretty damn close except they made her eyes so far apart she was more like Hammerhead-Ra. Even the Mondo She Ra looks like she's suddenly half filmation half manga.

I've got an absolutely beautiful She Ra statue (I fell in love with her when I was three so for the nostalgia I had to have her on my office desk...I'm gay a f gimme a break) But I've never seen a single decent figure or statue that looked like He Man, EXCEPT for an Adam figure which had the exact right face but a He Man never followed.
Was Super7 close? I would love a good accurate cartoon He-Man

Check out "Tales Linhares" on FB

I pulled the trigger on Battle Cat too. I figured I had a huge Speeder Bike, why not a giant cat as well.

Also looks like She-Ra is shipping soon, Pixel Dan with a review:

I don't have a lot of experience with Mondo figures. Have their original Iron Giant, which looks great, but the quality is crap. It just is. A finger broke of and the feel of it (don't know how else to describe it) is just not that good. But it looks awesome dispalyed. I am on the verge of getting into this line. Is it worth it? I already ordered the battle cat and he-man. The Battle Cat just looks too good. I would love a Merman but before I pay ebay prices, are there figures crap? Or did Mondo up their quality?

I passed too. I'll stick with my 7 inch 40th anniversary He-Man and hope they make an accompanying Battlecat.

All my other 80s cartoon figures are in the 6 to 7 inch scale, so a 1/6 BC would just stand out.

Back