Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my full review :) -

Mondo-Merman.jpg
https://youtu.be/pSFvrZpZLvI

As cool as the sculptures are, there's still something I don't quite like about these figures... Maybe it's the proportions, or the bodies...
Hoping that we see more alternatives from other companies with the new Shows and the Movie

As cool as the sculptures are, there's still something I don't quite like about these figures... Maybe it's the proportions, or the bodies...
Hoping that we see more alternatives from other companies with the new Shows and the Movie

The proportions for me are the only issue I have. These guys look great but they are so much smaller than 1/6 scale figures; they're more like 1/7. If I have a 13" He-Man figure I'd be very content, make my Superman and Batman figures look up to him as they should.

Mer-Man arrived today! Totally blown away by this figure. The amount of detail if Fantastic!! I am so loving this line. Keep them coming Mondo!! Hope the next few releases are some heroes. He-man needs some allies as he is greatly outnumbered now.

View attachment 479207View attachment 479209

Got my Mer-Man not too long ago (through Mondo so I could get that exclusive sculpt) and I'm impressed as well! Only disappointment for me in some of the figures choices. Never cared for Faker or the recently announced ScareGlow. I'm ready for Ram-Man, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops!

Got my Mer-Man not too long ago (through Mondo so I could get that exclusive sculpt) and I'm impressed as well! Only disappointment for me in some of the figures choices. Never cared for Faker or the recently announced ScareGlow. I'm ready for Ram-Man, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops!

Faker is a great figure man. You are missing out. :)

Yeah I skipped Scareglow too, not having much of a personal connection or nostalgia for the character (he originally came out in the wave after I stopped collecting back in the day - not even sure I ever saw one in person as a kid), and Mondo's version didn't win me over, nor did their faffing about with shipping it internationally. But yeah, I was surprised at just how much I liked Faker in hand, and still do. His colours just really pop on the shelf, and that battle damaged exclusive head looks great, too.

Still waiting for Mer-Man. Have no idea if its been shipped or not, much less when it might get here. Mondo definitely needs to do better on the notifications and tracking side of things with their shipping. Regardless, looking forward to whenever it does show up though, looks great.

The Exclusive HE MAN has been back in stock on MONDO site TWICE now and I missed it both times!!!!

I really don't want to have to start secondary market hunt for him since he is the only one I am missing! Anything from MONDO on restocking him again?

Not a fan of the no display base with D Con Skeletor but figure is awesome in hand!

881B920D-9A33-42A7-AD08-390331C0C788.jpg

Nice! Do you mind posting some more pix of DCON Skeletor? Mine isn't here yet...
Was it missing any accessories from the standard release other than the stand?

So what's the story with Hordak, any news on when he's set for release or PO? Their Hordak is possibly one of the best MOTU or 1/6 figures I've ever seen. If they pull a Hot Toys and never release it I will be heartbroken.

I'm very late in coming to this line, and Merman has officially sucked me into it. Skeletor and He-man both have issue that bother me and have kept me away, but Merman and the teased Man-at-Arms and Hordak have me hooked.

Is anyone else bothered by the exposed neck on Skeletor? Just his bare neck with the hood tight around his head makes it look like he's wearing a mask rather than a hood. Why on earth did they do that?

While He-man's base body looks good to me, and I understand and I'm okay with the fact Mondo is basically making 1/6 scale action figs rather than realistic HT style figures, I can't get over that headsculpt. has anyone out there made a custom version? He-man is the flagship character, it's his franchise, I find it hard to get any of these figs when the main guy has the weakest release.

Yeah, He-Man's headsculpt is by far the worst aspect of the line. It's something with the jawline. If you compare the Faker headsculpt it looks slightly better proportioned, so I wonder if the He-Man heads warped from the mold?

The He-Man headsculpt on the prototype looked much better proportioned.
Skeletor looks like his neck was covered too.

OXH04lS.jpg

That prototype Skeletor also had the lower part of his hood cowl, and I have no idea why the changed it.

He-man's face has weird proportions across the board. His eyes are super wide and don't match his face, his mouth/jaw have that larger Schwarzenegger look, and the biggest culprit is the very thin/narrow hair sculpt. It's narrow from the front with little bulges near the ends that make him look like a poodle. And in profile it makes him look as he has a small skull/cranium.

Yeah, but unless they tweak the armor or the shoulder articulation, that will be as low as the arms will get using this body.

I was just wondering what happened to Hordak. It seems inappropriate worrying about release dates at a time like this, but I still hope he's in the pipe. As far as distractions go, this one's right up my alley. Go MONDO!

This picture I took shows what I mean about the potential warping on He-Man, Faker's jawline looks much better. It also looks like the hairpiece is sitting slightly higher on Faker.

Yl7sSgE.jpeg

Back