Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really know MOTU that well, does this have any basis from the original line or just a fun exclusive?

He's a character from the original 80's motu line, albeit during its dying days (if memory serves, he was part of series 6).

Don't ask me for specifics as I haven't looked into myself but I am seeing folks on facebook and other places finding ways to get this shipped to their country. Google that shiz. :)

It's hard to google something when you don't know exactly what you are looking for. I tried and failed, so if anyone wishes to be kind enough to clue me in, my pm is open. :)

Scareglow looks great but Mondo really needs to figure out how to lower their cost. Their 12 inchs figures are way over priced. If I can buy a 7" figure for 40 bucks. a 12" figure asking for $185 is wrong.

Scareglow looks great but Mondo really needs to figure out how to lower their cost. Their 12 inchs figures are way over priced. If I can buy a 7" figure for 40 bucks. a 12" figure asking for $185 is wrong.

Everything Mondo does costs 2-3x what it should. Be glad they're not $200+.

Here's an interesting thing. Mondo now appears to have quietly dropped the US/Canada only restriction from the Scareglow sales page.

If they say anything then I'm sure they will say that it's a late in the day fix for international fans, and it well might be, but the cynic in me can't help but wonder if it's more the sudden realisation that they weren't going to sell anywhere near 900 of these within US and Canada alone, and that this line actively needs those international fans (and their money) to be viable...

Either way, Scareglow seems available for all to purchase now, which any way you cut it is still good news for those who wanted it and were locked out before. I feel kind of bad for those who resorted to using a mail forwarding company now, though, as I imagine they'll be paying through the nose for getting a mondo motu sized package forwarded... :horror

The Mondo Cellection so far. I love it.
Merman cannot come some soon enough as its all a bit blue right now. :)

IMG_7761.jpg

Mer-Man really does look awesome. These figures really do pop on the shelf, and really tickle my nostalgia bone while doing so. Nitpicks aside, I've really been digging these in-hand and on the shelf.

By the way, is there an easy trick to removing the Skeletor faceplate that I'm missing, mine didn't want to seem to budge...

By the way, is there an easy trick to removing the Skeletor faceplate that I'm missing, mine didn't want to seem to budge...

Just keep pulling at it and it will come off. It won't break but the bottom jaw may pop off when doing so but that can be easily reattached.

Scareglow looks even cooler than Skeletor there

More are coming...MAA, Hordak, Trap Jaw,Beastman, Stratos, She-ra and Filmation variant Hordak

Back