Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the figure but I think if He-Man had a splash of red on the skirt and boots along with some grey on the harness straps, it would make look more He-Manny.

But what about his undies? Can the pleather skirt be removed? He's begging for a fur skirt custom.

Eamon, would you be willing to post a few specific pictures?

- He-Man head next to standard Hot Toys head for size compare.
- Pix of the neck connector
- Does the hair appear to be a different sculpt from the head?

I'm considering replacing the head when I get mine, and just want to get an idea of compatibility.

I really don't see how any can say that the Mondo Skeletor looks generic. He-Man maybe but Skeletor is very Skeletor in my opinion and is far closer to source than the much loved Sideshow Skeletor statue.

I think folks are going to be waiting a long time before there will be another company doing 1:6 Scale He-Man figures. Mondo are in this for the long haul. Everything coming from them from Skeletor onwards looks dead on if you ask me. Plus they are designed by Emiliano whom knows more about MOTU than anybody quite frankly.
The skull is just a green skull. It does not have the distinct features of Skeletor. The Sideshow Skeletor statue captures the character like it should be.

Even the shape of the skull is weird on the Mondo figure.

The skull is just a green skull. It does not have the distinct features of Skeletor. The Sideshow Skeletor statue captures the character like it should be. Even the shape of the skull is weird on the Mondo figure.

I love the Sideshow Skeletor but you are having a laugh thinking it’s closer to source than the Mondo version.

Anyways here’s some requested pics which I hope will help folks answer some questions. I will also be very curious to see some of the costumes folks will make from this.

@youbastards looks like you can separate that hair. I like the face too so keep me posted on what you do please. :)

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

I love the Sideshow Skeletor but you are having a laugh thinking it’s closer to source than the Mondo version.

Anyways here’s some requested pics which I hope will help folks answer some questions. I will also be very curious to see some of the costumes folks will make from this.

@youbastards looks like you can separate that hair. I like the face too so keep me posted on what you do please. :)

View attachment 444570

View attachment 444571

View attachment 444572

View attachment 444573

View attachment 444574
As a whole, of course the Mondo is more accurate, but the headsculpt and expression, Sideshow destroys it. No contest at all. Not even close.

As a whole, of course the Mondo is more accurate, but the headsculpt and expression, Sideshow destroys it. No contest at all. Not even close.

Ok well all I was only ever talking about was which one was closer to source and not which design you prefer. ;)

Ok well all I was only ever talking about was which one was closer to source and not which design you prefer. ;)
No man. You don't get it. It is not about preferring. A headsculpt can really make or break a figure. While more accurate as a whole, the Mondo head just looks like a generic skull; bland.

The Sideshow sculpt catches the characters personality.

But yeah, to each it's own. If you like it and are happy with it, good for you.

Thanks for the pix! Ironically, the 12" Marvel Legends heads are kinda what I had an idea for...

He-Man looks better than I anticipated but he is definitely smaller than I wanted him to be. I was hoping him to be on par with HT if not slightly bigger. I don't have much an issue that they aren't in line since this will a line onto itself but I'm leaning for sure now to just stick with the villains.

Well I for one would never be putting this guy in with my Hot Toys. I won't be putting him with the cheaper stuff either. I will be waiting for more Mondo's to come out and then decide on a proper place for em. These are nice problems to have I think. :)

Thanks for the comparison pic but sadly too tiny to be with most of my figures. I don’t collect the ML. I guess He-Man and Skeletor will just be on their own and far from HT figures.

Back