Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaaand one more as he just looks like a boss here.

IMG_5132.jpg

Mondo orders were a couple weeks behind Sideshow due to the govt shutdown and being stuck in port apparently. Maybe something will start happening next week?

Mine was supposed to arrive from Sideshow on Monday but the weather in my state pushed it back a day. Sideshow also delayed my last payment for Skeletor a month to anticipate for a April to May shipment.

Thanks for the info; was starting to get a little worried but that makes sense.

Looks like Skeletor might be a bit. Anyone else get the delay email from Sideshow today? They're estimating shipping between June to August but I think Mondo is hoping for May, so fingers crossed!

Oh wow. His head even looks smaller than there's. If someone asked me as a kid who was taller, Dr. Strange, He-Man or Snake Plissken, I would have said He-Man. So I'm guessing he has to look up to Superman and Batman. I am wondering how the human characters Mondo is doing for Ninja Turtles are gonna stack up now.

I am sorry fellow collectors, but this figure does not look that good. I mean, if it was a smaller scale figure it would be exellent but at 1/6, no.

It is too short and those joints look bad. Mondo should take notes from Mezco on how to turn a cartoon character and make him "realistic" and keep the character essence like Popeye.

Skeletor looks the same way. Maybe another company will make a better one. Hopefully soon.

How anyone can find anything good in that He-Man is beyond me - it's horrible.

Absolutely horrible!

I am sorry fellow collectors, but this figure does not look that good. I mean, if it was a smaller scale figure it would be exellent but at 1/6, no.

It is too short and those joints look bad. Mondo should take notes from Mezco on how to turn a cartoon character and make him "realistic" and keep the character essence like Popeye.

Skeletor looks the same way. Maybe another company will make a better one. Hopefully soon.

Even if this was taller than average Hot Toys, they'd look silly together because the Mondo looks like a 6 inch He-Man figure blown up to 1/6. I've known from day one I'd never put this with other 1/6 figures, that's why this is going to go on it's on Display with the other Mondo MOTU and not any of my Hot Toys.

That being said, this doesn't look like a 160 dollar figure at all. It reminds me more of the 12 inch Hasbro Marvel Legends. I mean it looks better quality than those but it looks toyish like them. still like it though and I'm getting it but I really hope someone makes a realistic He-Man licensed figure.

I pre-ordered the Kit that uses the TBLEAGUE M35 seamless body and hopefully that will tide me over for a while.

I'm actually surprised that anyone would be comparing these to Hot Toys. To start with, from the very beginning they looked almost exactly like the finished product, joints and all, so they clearly aren't meant to compete with Hot Toys.
Personally, I'm looking forward to these. I agree, they are pricey for what they are, but so were the Mondo TMNT, and I love those (and actually so does everyone else who has seen my collection).
Too bad the scale is a little small, but I've noticed that Mondo's 1/6 scale is really more like just a 12 inch figure. Their Animated Batman is the same.

I'm actually surprised that anyone would be comparing these to Hot Toys. To start with, from the very beginning they looked almost exactly like the finished product, joints and all, so they clearly aren't meant to compete with Hot Toys.
Personally, I'm looking forward to these. I agree, they are pricey for what they are, but so were the Mondo TMNT, and I love those (and actually so does everyone else who has seen my collection).
Too bad the scale is a little small, but I've noticed that Mondo's 1/6 scale is really more like just a 12 inch figure. Their Animated Batman is the same.
The thing is, in my previous comment, I did not even mention Hot Toys.

It is just that it is supposed to be a He Man figure, but it just does not feel like one as well as Skeletor. Generic muscular blonde with armor ressembling He Man. Skeletor is Generic Green Skull with armor ressembling Skeletor.

I mean, if you are all happy and like what they offer because there really is nothing else out there in 1/6 for He Man, by all means, enjoy it. I just won't settle for this oversized action figure.

The thing is, in my previous comment, I did not even mention Hot Toys.

It is just that it is supposed to be a He Man figure, but it just does not feel like one as well as Skeletor. Generic muscular blonde with armor ressembling He Man. Skeletor is Generic Green Skull with armor ressembling Skeletor.

I mean, if you are all happy and like what they offer because there really is nothing else out there in 1/6 for He Man, by all means, enjoy it. I just won't settle for this oversized action figure.

I didn't suggest that you, MxBxM, was comparing to Hot Toys, but some of the previous posts are comparing based on size and finish.
It's not about being happy with or settling because there is nothing else out there.
Based on the customs I've seen, I don't believe that any other 1/6 He-Man would be better. Better scale maybe. But customs I've seen using either Phicen bodies, or bashes made from HT Arnold bodies don't have the exaggerated proportions that I (personally) would want in a He-Man line. Personally, the design choices I question is the skirt instead of barbarian briefs, and the chest armour being more brown than grey. Other than that I think all the ones they've shown so far (particularly Man-At-Arms) look pretty good.
But as you suggest, everyone has their opinions...

I really don't see how any can say that the Mondo Skeletor looks generic. He-Man maybe but Skeletor is very Skeletor in my opinion and is far closer to source than the much loved Sideshow Skeletor statue.

I think folks are going to be waiting a long time before there will be another company doing 1:6 Scale He-Man figures. Mondo are in this for the long haul. Everything coming from them from Skeletor onwards looks dead on if you ask me. Plus they are designed by Emiliano whom knows more about MOTU than anybody quite frankly.

How anyone can find anything good in that He-Man is beyond me - it's horrible.

Absolutely horrible!

The figure reminds me of a Cosplay player pretending to be a wanna-be He-man. The head sculpt is the worst part of it. It does not capture the look of He-man.Skeletor is at least much better to the source and less "interpretation"

I love the figure but I think if He-Man had a splash of red on the skirt and boots along with some grey on the harness straps, it would make look more He-Manny.

After having He-Man in hand I'm definitely in the line for the long haul. I'm just bummed Skeletor for bumped back to May/June.

I really want to see their She-Ra, Teela etc that I think Brock teased at Power Con last year?

After having He-Man in hand I'm definitely in the line for the long haul. I'm just bummed Skeletor for bumped back to May/June.

I really want to see their She-Ra, Teela etc that I think Brock teased at Power Con last year?

We had Brock on The Hottoycast and showed a concept sketch for She-Ra. Episode 47 if you are interested. :)

Back