Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, for me, once they start getting into female figures I'll be fully committed. My Hot Toys budget is gonna take a major hit. Plus the human characters from TMNT look promising but if they show an April O'Neill it'll be another line I'll have to commit to. A lot of exciting lines in our future.

Just received an answer from Mezco after congratulated them for their Mega scale Thundercats line and asked them if they plan to do something with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe:

«* Hi Ronan,

Thank you for the kind words! Anything is possible in the future.*»

So imagine the cartoon look of the TV show in Mezco Mega Scale it could be awesome!

:pray:

Just received an answer from Mezco after congratulated them for their Mega scale Thundercats line and asked them if they plan to do something with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe:

«* Hi Ronan,

Thank you for the kind words! Anything is possible in the future.*»

So imagine the cartoon look of the TV show in Mezco Mega Scale it could be awesome!

:pray:

I'm still waiting for them to make Thunder Kit and Kat…any day now :)

Anyone order these from Sideshow? According to Brock from Mondo Sideshow received He-Man and should be shipping them out now if you haven't received him already. Direct orders from Mondo are delayed a week or 2 due to being stuck in port and the govt shutdown.

Skeletor will also ship in May and Faker is the next figure to go up for pre-order, though details and specifics will be different for ordering.

Too bad we have to wait if we ordered directly from Mondo. Hopefully not much longer.

Looks really nice and I can’t wait to get it, but, man, those articulations suck!

As I said on the He-Man forums:

Me: *makes figure that is very posable and posts pics of various poses*

Guy reviewing: This figure is not very posable.

Guy reviewing: *proceeds to show figure in various cool poses*

People on message board: Too bad that he's not posable!

Me: :(

haha

The figure is super articulated. The neck issue is something we're going to address in future figures. Like, near future figures.

Anyone hear any updates for shipping?

I read a comment on that review that some guy had his on the way from BBTS. I PO'd from them awhile back and haven't heard a thing

Anyone hear any updates for shipping?

I read a comment on that review that some guy had his on the way from BBTS. I PO'd from them awhile back and haven't heard a thing

Mine should be shipping from Sideshow this week, tomorrow even.

I apparently missed a email from them last week informing me my final flexpay payment would be made on the 5th and then shipped. Oops!

Wow, after watching that review... the figure looks stiff as hell. You figure after all the work that
Mondo put into the TMNT figures and even Batman that they would have been able to do better with these.

Also... that vintage head looks horrendous on the body, lol.

Mer-man is probably the only one of the line I'll get. He looks great.

Oh man just watched the video. I'll reserve final judgement but for the price, I wouldn't be too happy with the articulation, the bulk of the armor on his shoulders, the plastic flashing on various parts, and some of the messed up paint details. But there are definitely details that look great. If it were $50-$75 I'd bite. It feels more on-par with the recent 12'' Marvel Legends versus something truly up-scale.

Last edited:
Can't help but agree with that. Despite a life long love of MotU, okay or fine just doesn't draw me in at this price point, especially for such a key character (arguably the key character). Which is probably a relief to be honest, because I can just grab Skeletor and if I'm happy with him in hand, just go for a (select) villains only display.

Though that Man-at-Arms looks pretty epic, so skipping that will be a test of resolve. :lol

I was totally onboard with Skeletor until I noticed that his eye sockets are painted red. And it doesn't look like a glow or an eye. It just looks he's got red paint in there. Thankfully all it would take is a simple repaint.

Man-at-Arms is the only figure I've seen so far that looks truly perfect. But even then, if the final product is of the same quality as He-Man... not really seeing the value for the price.

I am gonna wait until I get it in person but the video did not fill me with confidence. Seeing how the elbows are not double jointed and how limited the articulation is was surprising. If I have to hear that guy say "detail" one more time in the unboxing video I was gonna start drinking again.

Back