Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a pic from Designer Con for those unable to see the pics.

cfd5c52e604ab41df0d6b503c30198e6.jpg

I will probably pick up Faker because I loved the figure as a kid. Mer-Man and Duncan look good but I don't need to buy this whole line. I really hope Hordak is in their immediate plans though.

That photo caught my eye. A bit more Interested now, especially in Skeletor, Mer-man and Man at arms. I still don't like the look of He-man. My biggest concern is quality control (that Mondo seems to have problems with) and if these be made solid for the price tag.

I'd love to see Man E Faces, Clawful, Fisto,Ram Man, Teela, Trap Jaw and Triklops show up in this line if we are lucky to even go that deep into the line.

Here’s a pic from Designer Con for those unable to see the pics.

cfd5c52e604ab41df0d6b503c30198e6.jpg

WOW Damn this maybe hard to pass on just collecting them all! Only wanted He Man & Skeletor.
I do wish we had like Castle Greyskull base's like as stands.
Orko needed!

I may be lukewarm on He-Man, but Man-at-Arms is beyond perfect. Probably the best of the line.

Still wish someone would answer my question about He-Man's skirt. Asked Mondo on Facebook and still nothing.

I'm trying not to get sucked into this line beyond Skeletor, but damn if it aint hard. Especially as I fear how big an ongoing line could potentially get over time, not least of all because my love for MotU runs deep, so the temptation to go all in is very real.

Had to get out of the classics line after a few years because it was just too big for me in the end. Sold the lot, as it was the only way I could make a clean break and feel good about it, still miss some of those figures, too. To be honest I regret not having the space for them more than I regret actually selling them, though. Had to be done, as I'd never have room to have them on display, so I was growing a collection that I would never be able to enjoy to its fullest. Only time in all my years collecting where I let my nostalgia goggles and love for a property override my practical side and my common sense. Told myself never again, but damn... :lol

Really like that third Mer-Man head, too, haven't seen that before.

Hmmm, maybe just the villains... :lol

Yeah I really dig the third Merman head too. I seriously cannot wait for these and wish they we could have at least one in time for Xmas.

My buddy Emiliano Santalucia designed Merman and MAA and I think he did an amazing job.

Wow. I think that Mer-Man and particularly, Man-At-Arms look fantastic. Dammit!!! Going to need to find a way to squeeze in another set of shelves somewhere...

Maaaaan. After seeing Duncan is going to be really friggin' hard not to go all in on this line. I'm not a huge Mer-Man fan but he looks great too. They reveal a Hordak or Trap Jaw soon and I just know any ability of mine to hold back is going to crumble. They already had me and He-Man/Faker/Skelly and I was hoping I could limit to those but the overall visual look of the line is shaping up to be solid. If the quality control holds up better than the TMNT line (and it sounds like they learned a lot from that) then a lot of us are in for some serious apologizing to our bank accounts.

Had to get out of the classics line after a few years because it was just too big for me in the end. Sold the lot, as it was the only way I could make a clean break and feel good about it, still miss some of those figures, too. To be honest I regret not having the space for them more than I regret actually selling them, though. Had to be done, as I'd never have room to have them on display, so I was growing a collection that I would never be able to enjoy to its fullest. Only time in all my years collecting where I let my nostalgia goggles and love for a property override my practical side and my common sense.

I fell into that same boat only I ended up buying every damn figure from the line while Mattel was running it. It still pains me how much of that line I sold. I still have a good 20% of it or so, mostly in storage outside of a handful displayed on Castle Grayskull, but I'll be damned if I don't occasionally look at lots on ebay and debate whether or not to pull the trigger and build it back up. The lack of space to display (or even store) it all and having a family now has kept me from going through with it (so far anyway). Very least I wish I could snag a Fisto again for a non crazy price. That was the one figure I'd take back selling above all others (stupidly convinced myself it was a sure thing Super7 would do a re-release and look how that turned out).

Back