Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He-Man should be the centerpiece of the line and hes really the only figure I think looks like horrible. As others have mentioned the bodies look much better on the other characters, I think the blues mute the joints fairly well, because Skeletor and Faker look fantastic. Always loved Merman, so I am glad to see him in the line-up, but I think they really overdid the armor details for him.

Strangely enough I'm not really feeling He-Man here, even with the ability to swap heads. I like Skeletor and Faker (ironically) and definitely Mer-Man. This might be a line where I collect the villains and just forget the heroes.

I think these are ok, but I just can’t get over thinking they should have seamless joints at this scale. Oh, well, at least Super 7 is re-releasing the filmation He-man and Skeletor. Super Happy about that.

001.jpg

I think these are ok, but I just can’t get over thinking they should have seamless joints at this scale.

I really don't like seamless jointed bodies, as they don't bend naturally (that skin pinch), and seem to always either get dirty, or straight-up rot.

I really don't like seamless jointed bodies, as they don't bend naturally (that skin pinch), and seem to always either get dirty, or straight-up rot.

I have to agree. No matter how awesome the Phicen/TB League bodies look they do not pose properly when you lift the arm above 45 degrees. A cut joint at the shoulder like Storm uses looks much more natural. I cannot wait for them to put out the Kenshiro figure.

Neat little set for 1/6 He-Man using Phicen body. The sword looks like the sword from the most recent statue. Not a great likeness or hair but I dig it, so I preordered it.

I thought we weren't allowed to promote illegal stuff like this on these forums? Especially given as this is an illegal copy of a Sideshow statue. It's also nothing to do with Mondo.

I thought we weren't allowed to promote illegal stuff like this on these forums? Especially given as this is an illegal copy of a Sideshow statue. It's also nothing to do with Mondo.

There's still dozens of threads out there for products with no licensing. It doesn't have to do with Mondo but it definitely has something to do with 1/6 MOTU figures.

It definitely has potential.

The more I look at it, the more excited I am about it. I've wanted a He-Man on that Phicen body for quite awhile, as have others. The Mondo looks fantastic, I'm still getting it but I also want this one as well, they'll look great in a detolf with one another.

I don't care for the hair on either version though, or the face sculpts really. The Third Party one however looks a bit better than the Mondo. I love the swords but still want an comic, cartoon or toy version instead of complete redesigns.

As others have stated, the Phicen bodies look weird when arms are bent and I don't think we'll be able to get a pose with the arms high enough for this sword to be in the air like in the show, but I'm surprised the arms are as high as they are in the pics, it almost looks like how he poses in the show. I'd be afraid to leave a seamless body in that pose, cause it might tear eventually or crack. So basically, I'll have that He-Man in a straight museum post, which is sort of boring. One reason the Mondo body works so well, posing won't be a problem at all.

The hair on it though....I do not like. Wish they sculpted it instead.

M-014-e_-528x668__48115.1540455834.1000.1200.jpg

M-014-o_-528x668__02220.1540455834.1000.1200.jpg

M-041-q_-528x668__00258.1540455833.1000.1200.jpg

M-014-g_-528x668__86094.1540455834.1000.1200.jpg

M-014-j_-528x668__98673.1540455834.1000.1200.jpg

M-014-l_-528x668__22935.1540455834.1000.1200.jpg

I ordered the Mondo exclusive and the Mr. Toys set as well. Will try to mix and match parts if possible.

Already put down my pre-order. Really hoping the head looks better in person but otherwise looks good enough (especially for the rather reasonable price). Also glad I dont "need" this ones Mondo exclusive accessory. The cosmic key is rad and important for lore but as far as how I'm going to display these it's unnecessary (unlike the mini comic Skeletor head packed with He-Man).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As unlikely as it is as Brock had already stated on his instagram if they do s other he man he'll be in their own design, I hope they end up doing a 200x inspired version with the shorter hair and the furry speedos.

Ordered the exclusive Skeletor. Hopefully they do Hordak. Considering Faker but nothing else they have revealed.

The Evil-Lynn PF is pretty awesome. I would be down for her in that quality. The Sorceress is also pretty important. Teela would be cool too. Lets get some of the women from the property to accompany these guys. A flocked Beastman would be pretty crazy.

Back