Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

You mostly see photos from HK bloggers of figures that are produced by vendors that are based overseas, Hot Toys, threezero, etc. This is mostly because those figures are released locally first so they get scooped up by collectors/bloggers. However, for companies based outside of Asia, like Big Chief and Sideshow, the figures typically are released once they arrive at the vendor's HQ, the UK and US, respectively, so they aren't picked up by HK bloggers.

So, with Molecule8 being based in the UK, it's not weird that there are no HK blogger photos of a finished Lennon figure, for the same reason there typically aren't HK blogger photos of Big Chief or Sideshow figures.

M8s registered office is UK. That is all.

Why does that suggest the figures would not be released elsewhere (I.e. HK) first and therefore blogger pics happen in the same fashion?

I can only figure it will be a hollow or filled body. How does it work for phicen? From what I've seen they do a filled body like you're suggesting.

Scrap the skull and feet and it's pretty much a phicen right?
Only major difference is where the phicen is a metal stick frame this has a chest. :rotfl

According to whoever I spoke too they are waiting for pic from the China Factory........ they should of had pics ages ago.

Scrap the skull and feet and it's pretty much a phicen right?
Only major difference is where the phicen is a metal stick frame this has a chest. :rotfl

According to whoever I spoke too they are waiting for pic from the China Factory........ they should of had pics ages ago.

I have business with China and the only fundamental reason China wouldn’t ship anything is due to uncollected payments haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have business with China and the only fundamental reason China wouldn’t ship anything is due to uncollected payments haha

That actually makes a bit of sense as to why they are giving dates but failing to deliver and why they started touting the figure on the john lennon site - to drub up enough cash to pay the factory.

I wonder if they're using recent preorders to pay the factory for the first batch of figures to ship? Floating money like that never ends well.

How many people got shipping notices on Friday? Should have been hitting people's inboxes sometime around 4pm pacific time right? It was even listed as an event on the M8 Facebook page...

How many people got shipping notices on Friday? Should have been hitting people's inboxes sometime around 4pm pacific time right? It was even listed as an event on the M8 Facebook page...

Nothing was shipped.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

No one did as expected, the company can't keep to their word, worst 1/6 scale company to arrive on the spot ever.

Still have a pre-order with BBTS but know with great certainty that I will not need to find shelf space...it would take two miracles for that to happen...1) they actually ever ship a figure...Miracle! 2) The figure that they ship is actually any good...miracle! Somehow I don't think M8 has it in them to clear both of those hurdles...

M8s registered office is UK. That is all.

Why does that suggest the figures would not be released elsewhere (I.e. HK) first and therefore blogger pics happen in the same fashion?

Again, they're likely just paid toy photographers who do these as a marketing push on release. Same reason Sideshow never has these even when they are often released earlier there as evidenced by some of the HK collectors on these boards that grab them at Secret Base, remember seeing both X-Wing Luke and Snowspeeder Luke first picked up in HK.

There's no way Hot Toys isn't just paying most of those photographers/"bloggers" for the photos that come out the day of release

Having worked with a handful of them in the past, none of them ever asked for payment, just that they get to keep the figure they are sent.

...true that, and what blogger is going to take a 'free' figure from M8; that a) doesn't exist; b) a free render of a figure that doesn't exist doesn't count as 'payment' lol; c) a kiss and a promise counts for nothing...

The paid bloggers practice (With money, figures, moon stones, whatever) is quite noticeable when the license just isn't very popular in Asia or when the youtuber in question makes multiple videos explaining why he really isn't in the company's payroll. :lol

Anyways don't know why this would apply to M8 at the moment, they have yet to deliver ****. Their Facebook page is an obvious shillfest right now, some even calling complaining customers morons. Horrible company but way more horrible human beings.

Nothing was shipped.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Well, wasn't that a surprise. Only as predictable as the sun rising in the morning, then.

Thin gruel for whatever remaining apologists they have.

We're burning through what's left of the weekend and no reports of a shipment confirmation yet lol.

"Due to the Easter holiday we were unable to ship any figures out this week, we'll try to get then out by June"

We're burning through what's left of the weekend and no reports of a shipment confirmation yet lol.

"Due to the Easter holiday we were unable to ship any figures out this week, we'll try to get then out by June"

But Easter weekend was last weekend. Unless I'm unaware of Chinese Easter.

Back