MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree - UNLESS HT invents a really innovative new type of rubber skin covering,
which is designed to work together with a great interior armature to allow a high degree of articulation,
while avoiding as many visible joints as possible.
Consider: The Black Widow has free-floating plastic inserts under the skin of her boobs.
If they did something like that with some of the Hulk's muscle groups,
it might produce a really interesting and realistic effect when changing poses.
I think THAT would be the ultimate HT Hulk.

*and now we return to our scheduled mongering*

Yeah, but I doubt that happens. We shall see though.

I've worked with silicone rubber for 20 years;
there are many different grades and types which are vastly different from each other.
The black 'grill' on the ED209 is an example of using the wrong grade.
Believe me, there are several types of silicone which are virtually indestructible,
even over long periods of time- longer than a human lifetime and beyond.
I have rubber molds and parts, which have taken a beating over periods of 15+ years so far, and they look and behave exactly like they did when they were new.
Note: The kind of silicone used for the Alien Warrior, Dallas & Kane suits etc. is NOT the best kind, with regard to tear strength and longevity.
I hope HT catches on, and starts using the good stuff.

Last edited:
there are many different grades and types which are vastly different from each other.
Believe me, there are several types of silicone which are virtually indestructible,
I have rubber molds and parts, which have taken a beating over periods of 15+ years so far, and they look and behave exactly like they did when they were new.
Note: The kind of silicone used for the Alien Warrior, Dallas & Kane suits etc. is NOT the best kind, with regard to tear strength and longevity.

agreed. people hear RUBBER and start assuming there is no way.

first of all, EVERYTHING breaks down. especially when were talking plastic and rubber.

but yes. hot toys is not using the right stuff IF indeed this is happening to people.

The Monger will generate $24 in awards points, if my math is correct,
towards future purchases.
So, it's really $456 + shipping from Sideshow.
*use the FLEX, Luke*

It will generate none if you use any award points to buy it!
One thing I recently found out and hate about SS..

I just expect them to do something like Jake Sully when they make the Hulk something with articulation and the suit sleeves.

agreed. people hear RUBBER and start assuming there is no way.

first of all, EVERYTHING breaks down. especially when were talking plastic and rubber.

but yes. hot toys is not using the right stuff IF indeed this is happening to people.

But how expensive is the "right stuff"? Maybe Hot toys isn't using the "good stuff" because it'd cost way too much.

But how expensive is the "right stuff"? Maybe Hot toys isn't using the "good stuff" because it'd cost way too much.
All of the different grades of opaque white silicone, crappy and excellent, cost about the same:
about $100.00 per gallon.
The CLEAR silicone costs more.
I think the trouble with HTs' use of silicone in the past, is that they simply failed to experiment with enough different kinds.

Anyway, I'm glad we don't have to worry about it with the Monger!

I can see the Hulk being cheaper just because he would be vastly less complicated. The blue cat dude from Avatar is $314.99 though and while about the same height as the Hulk would be also has way way less mass.

::shrug:: who knows. All I do know is that while it's hard for me to spend the money on Iron Monger I'd easily pay more for Robocop 2.

:lecture :goodpost: Agreed, I can't see the Hulk going for anywhere over $299 and that's pushing it. He requires a new body which will be half nude, a sculpt, and a pair of jorts :lol

Nope. Time to rewatch "Iron Man", cr. Iron Monger is the Mark I on steroids. The Mark I was the template that Stain had to work with to create his mech, and since the Mark I was fashioned by an imprisoned Tony Stark in a cave in Afghanistan, there's a reason it looks crude and unrefined (it is also a direct nod to the original Iron man suit from the comics). The Iron Monger suit is meant to emphasize the brutality and lack of creativity of Obidiah; he lives in the shadow of Stark's genius. Iron Monger has the subtlety of a car crushing monster truck - and that's done intentionally by the movie makers. It is not sleek or elegant, nor is it meant to be. It is the embodiment of brute force, and as such is a great counterpoint to the wisecracking brilliance of Stark's super-sleek Iron Man. it is a WONDERFUL figure.
:lecture:goodpost::exactly:
anyway, this figure is making me salivate on the possibility and the feasibility of a hulkbuster armor (movie rumor?) and, well, HULK (please please).
We think alike b/c as soon as I saw this Monger become a reality I has Hulkbuster on the brain :drool

Gonna pass on this myself, but hope it sells well and opens the door for a 1/6 fully articulated AMP suit in the same price range

Aren't we all putting the cart before the horse on the Hulk? Has there been any word? We've hoped for several things that never took place (the Matrix immediately suggests itself).

Aren't we all putting the cart before the horse on the Hulk? Has there been any word? We've hoped for several things that never took place (the Matrix immediately suggests itself).

I think the Hulk is inevitable with the Avengers coming next year. Time will tell though.

Preordered mine today from AE this one is definately one that will increase in value rapidly as its so unique from all other figures done so far.

I bet within a year these are going for 1k on ebay

It's a great piece, but to much of an investment into the Iron man franchise for me, I'll have to live with my Mark IV & warmachine

Back