MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I just wanted to drop by and tell you that after seeing that crack in those pictures I threw away my entire Hot Toys collection. I'm now boycotting this company and I hope that all of you will do the same because thats the best way to solve this issue.

Sarcasm won't fix the problem either bro.

Checked mine last night, and yep, on the front of those joints i've got cracks.

chalk it up as battle damage, returning it is too much work.

Don't let Hot Toys get off so easy bro. You paid good money for that thing! This is the problem with alot of consumers. Get what you paid for. Yeah sure it's a pain in the assss, but c'mon. If we keep letting them do this stuff, do you honestly think it will ever get any better. Do you want some painter to paint your house and just paint over all of your old crappy paint? Or do you want them to do the job correctly from the start so you can enjoy it without wondering if it will get worse?

Its the risk i take getting things from Overseas.
swapping it over is just going to cost me more money.

and theres every chance the next one i get would have the same issue.

Don't let Hot Toys get off so easy bro. You paid good money for that thing! This is the problem with alot of consumers. Get what you paid for. Yeah sure it's a pain in the assss, but c'mon. If we keep letting them do this stuff, do you honestly think it will ever get any better. Do you want some painter to paint your house and just paint over all of your old crappy paint? Or do you want them to do the job correctly from the start so you can enjoy it without wondering if it will get worse?

See its false equivalency problems like this that don't help the situation anymore than my sarcasm. Yes a painter who lives in your town can be held accountable for this problem. Hot Toys, who for the majority of us is 8,000 miles away, didn't catch this design flaw, and more than likely they're not going to mail us new legs, which probably wouldn't help it anyway if its a problem with the way the legs attach. If the figure showed up with completely broken off and non-functional legs, then hell yeah get your money back/replacement. But there is literally no fix for this, its a minor cosmetic issue and more than likely they'll just tell you "Sorry about that, we'll make sure it doesn't happen in future releases" Still won't fix the current problem.

See its false equivalency problems like this that don't help the situation anymore than my sarcasm. Yes a painter who lives in your town can be held accountable for this problem. Hot Toys, who for the majority of us is 8,000 miles away, didn't catch this design flaw, and more than likely they're not going to mail us new legs, which probably wouldn't help it anyway if its a problem with the way the legs attach. If the figure showed up with completely broken off and non-functional legs, then hell yeah get your money back/replacement. But there is literally no fix for this, its a minor cosmetic issue and more than likely they'll just tell you "Sorry about that, we'll make sure it doesn't happen in future releases" Still won't fix the current problem.

Are you kidding me??? Hot Toys has been pulling that "sorry we'll get it better next time" crap for years now, only to keep doing the same thing. Keep making excuses, and they'll continue to do it. They did one time actually send out new head sculpts for their John Connor figures. I do not see why they cant send replacement parts for this item. I honestly believe that they only did that initial head replacement because that was the exact time they started breaking into their movie lines.
On the other hand I do understand that somebody might not want to run the risk of sending his/her item back, but I still think that Hot Toys should fix the problem regardless.
Do you go to Best Buy and buy a TV with a cracked screen and just go "Oh well"? Sure it's a local Best Buy, but it is still the concept. What if Best Buy told you that they could not replace your TV and that you have to send it back to China yourself? Tell me that you wouldn't be up in arms.
People that buy overseas run the risk of buying from a far off land. Buy local (within the US or your respected country) and if you have problems, take it back to them and make them resolve the problem.
Plus it helps keep businesses here going.

Its the risk i take getting things from Overseas.
swapping it over is just going to cost me more money.

and theres every chance the next one i get would have the same issue.

I totally understand bro, but it still steams me. I do not want you to have to accept that HT screwed you. I want to make them accountable. I can easily say "Well, sucks for you", but I'm not that type of guy. You should get what you pay for. Not sorta something you paid for.
I agree it is a pain to have to deal with all that, but HT should make some effort so you don't have to worry about that.

Went home and checked the Mongers and both were fine with no damage to either piece. Really stinks for those that have the issues. I remember getting him last year and how amazing he was to unbox.

I'll be posing him gently for the short term. Gonna be cringing moving joints for a while.

He is a beautiful piece and hopefully this doesn't cause folks to stay away from it. He is worth having in the collection, but the question is for how much hassle.:confused:

DSC_0026_zps818a2fab.jpg

DSC_0014_zps0d437872.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsb4324b92.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsed41add2.jpg

DSC_0060_zps50ac7ce0.jpg

DSC_0071_zps8c9d7f13.jpg

I totally understand bro, but it still steams me. I do not want you to have to accept that HT screwed you. I want to make them accountable. I can easily say "Well, sucks for you", but I'm not that type of guy. You should get what you pay for. Not sorta something you paid for.
I agree it is a pain to have to deal with all that, but HT should make some effort so you don't have to worry about that.

I 100% agree with you.

but we all know HT well enough that they'll just cop it on the chin and move on.

i'd love to see what would happen if everyone sent their figures back though.

Are you kidding me??? Hot Toys has been pulling that "sorry we'll get it better next time" crap for years now, only to keep doing the same thing. Keep making excuses, and they'll continue to do it. They did one time actually send out new head sculpts for their John Connor figures. I do not see why they cant send replacement parts for this item. I honestly believe that they only did that initial head replacement because that was the exact time they started breaking into their movie lines.
On the other hand I do understand that somebody might not want to run the risk of sending his/her item back, but I still think that Hot Toys should fix the problem regardless.
Do you go to Best Buy and buy a TV with a cracked screen and just go "Oh well"? Sure it's a local Best Buy, but it is still the concept. What if Best Buy told you that they could not replace your TV and that you have to send it back to China yourself? Tell me that you wouldn't be up in arms.
People that buy overseas run the risk of buying from a far off land. Buy local (within the US or your respected country) and if you have problems, take it back to them and make them resolve the problem.
Plus it helps keep businesses here going.

Here is what you do, I'm not joking and I did this. I did this with WildBlue.

I did the crazy thing. I upgraded and was going to give them more money for less. Dumb me (Lookup Wildblue for more info).

In short, they turn off my system. Could not fix it. Then turn on my system. I called and told them not to send a tech out. The Tech call. I told them Wildblue fix it on there end. Don't come out. He came out. They charged me.

I got pissed off and bought some land. Had a Line put in. Put up a tower, put a box on my house and took care of the problem. Now I have 50up and 25down. Without a 17g cap.

Me I am very happy now. But really I do this with any company. If I don't care for what they have to sell I don't buy from them. Remember there are more places to pick from.

To be fair to HT. They really don't need to care about you (but Wildblue needs to care about me, as I can put 200 more of their paying customers on my tower). This is not a rag on you. Its just for every one person to say something there is 10,000 that don't.

You used Best Buy, They do need to care about you. Your a local customer and if your not happy there is 10 other places you can get a LCD from. Without leaving your home.

You said the word "recall" which Hot Toys seems to think that "we" should point out and take care of. Yamato (a toy company) actually set up a system where they would send out replacement parts for damaged items. HT should do the same. Yeah, sure they might have "replaced" a couple things here and there, but there is no actual center to take care of the problems. Jump through the burning hoops, grab a number and wait in an endless line. As much as we pay, quality control should be way better. I bet if these figures were made in Japan, problem solved.
By the way, I do not mean to sound snappy towards you in any shape or form. I'm just angry that some people (not pointing fingers at you) actually defend HT and their actions.

Your points are valid and true. I am all too familiar with bad HTQC. Unfortunately, we as a consumer base are limited in our ability to vocalize our dissapointment. Perhaps we should have a petition on Facebook? Anyone care to get it started?

I just knew when I came in this thread that this was going to be the topic of convo :lol.

Sounds like more folks have the cracks then not, huh. Sucks

I just checked my left leg and he has a pretty bad one that runs vertically and horizontally. The one on my right leg is almost identical to kaidoy021’s.

I’ll post pics tomorrow when I have more time.

I’ll start flapping my gums on my standpoint tomorrow when I have more time too. But as annoying as this is I don’t think that the cracks will get much worse.

Got this during the first wave release from SSH, has the cracks on both legs, no gonna lie, a little sad, but still happy that I have this. Interesting that these stress cracks are not on seam lines, but in an inoquious location were there seems no perceptible reason. Chalk up another plastic problem for ht's. The inner ring that guides the upper part of the leg may be pushing from the inside out, causing pressure from the internal mechanism of the leg.

Back