MK Characters - Current WIP > Johnny Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MK "Colored" Ninjas - Pre-Order

Hey Tim. Deposit set buddy!

Just to let you know, I'd like the "fitted" hood since I decided to use the Lincoln Burrows head anyway :lol. And go with the chrome buckles for me.

One last thing is I was curious if you could lessen the slope of the tunic on mine as I like the look with a 'straighter' from the neck to the shoulder look, if you catch me.

For instance, I the way subzero looks versus the scorpion you did. To me a straighter like the game look is preferable. Thanks buddy.

Marker- Got the payment! I have changed your status on the list. I have noted the chrome buckles, fitted 2a hood, and the "straighter" tunic. I understand the look you are after with the shoulders.

All - I am thinking about shortening the undershirt a bit... it looks a bit too much like a "skirt" on the Yellow Ninja. What do you guys think? I think the Blue Ninja one looks better...

Sounds like a plan. The figures look great as is, but I've always felt the ninjas looked their best in MK 2. And really those knee pads are the only difference.

I have to say you are an evil man. Now I'm looking into bashing a Raiden, Shao Kahn, Sonya, Kano, and old Shang Tsung thanks to these "colored ninjas" :lol

HAHA, I feel your pain... I am thinking I would love a Raiden as well... The only part I am like "how the hell would I make that?" is the yellow on the arms. Although to be honest, I never really cared for the yellow part.

Shao Khan would be AWESOME too...

biorai_2.gif

shao-kahn-mk2.jpg

Marker - will do. In fact, unless some one really wants the longer one... I plan on making the call and making them all shorter.

Yes, shorter is better.

I have some ideas on Raiden, but I need to research them a bit more before sharing. But I think the yellow area would be do-able as a patch. Plenty of patch makers around.

Shao Kahn, only thought on that would be using a T-800 body :lol But he would be awesome :rock

So $185 is for the complete figure? Which body is it? Thanks.

hunnipot - $185 is for the complete custom outfit. Please see the first post which details what is included. The outfit is designed to fit the HT TT body, but because it is sleeveless, and the undershirt is a wrap, it will fit multiple bodies.

The shin guards in MK2 always reminded me of a baseball catcher's shin pads. Do a google image search for "baseball catcher shin pads". It's not exact but may be a good reference for a jumping off point in your sculpts of them.

example:
homerun-rawlings-catcher-leg-guards-76dcw.jpg

If I had the spare cash I would definitely get both ninja's . They look awesome. Great Job on them!

Mark - good idea! Yeah, I think you are right, the shapes are VERY similar. I found some Hi-Res images of the Infinite Concepts Sub Zero that should help with scale.

Inf+Sub+Zero.JPG

The IC Sub Zero ones look like crap though. I think between all the images, I have enough of an idea to sculpt these.

Thanks on the compliments, much appreciated.

Meanstreak - I know I am leaning towards a Raiden... and hopefully BM will share his ideas on him, once he does the research.

I still want to make a Jade too...

Just a quick update... I purchased some materials (straps for the shinguards and wristguards) and I am visiting a costume/theatre house tomorrow to look for a "green" ninja material. As soon as I get more deposit money, I will purchase the rest of the materials (buckles, yellow material, green material, blue material, threads, and everything else).

On another note, after these are done I am planning to make a Raiden. Any ideas out there for patches on the arms?

Deposit sent as promised :duff Not sure on all of the options yet though :lol Probably black buckles though.

As for Raiden's patches, we may be able to get Evilface to make decals. It would depend on how detailed the design is. Or there is this custom patch place here:

https://onesixthscaleking.com/shop/

BM - Status updated! Thanks!

Yeah, it may be weird, but I am doing Chrome painted buckles on the "Blue" ninja, and black on the "Yellow" ninja. I like the way both look. Just keep me posted...

Hmmmm... you just gave me an idea for the patches. I will try it out at work on Monday...

Deposit sent as promised :duff Not sure on all of the options yet though :lol Probably black buckles though.

As for Raiden's patches, we may be able to get Evilface to make decals. It would depend on how detailed the design is. Or there is this custom patch place here:

https://onesixthscaleking.com/shop/

OK, here is the idea I've been thinking of for Raiden. Pics stolen and then poorly photoshopped from CTR.

raidenh.jpg

Basically I think Twik can sew us up a green vest-thingy, black hood and wrist guards. The wrist guards from Storm Shadow might be able to be dyed black though. The rest could be used from Sideshow's Storm Shadow. Just need to find a conical hat for him, which I have seen before. but of course can't find right now :lol

Last edited:
Back