MK Characters - Current WIP > Johnny Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twik25

Super Freak
Reaction score
Completed Custom Mortal Kombat Characters:
scorpion_wip_4.jpg

subbyK1.jpg

Raiden_wip3.jpg

For pricing information > please PM me

Last edited:
Re: MK "Colored" Ninjas - Pre-Order

Awesome twik!

Could you please show the difference in pics between the 2 hoods? Preferably on the figure itself. Is the stretchy one smaller or larger than the burrows made one? Not sure which I'd choose as I have a couple of head choices and I just want to be sure before ordering. The burrows head seems to be on the larger size though and all my other choices are mostly smaller or the same size.

Marker - Sure can. The Burrows hood is made out of the same material as the pants and undershirt... it is a cotton/poly blend with VERY VERY little give, or stretch. The 2nd hood is made out of Lycra and has a great amount of stretch or give. I can make the hood opening near the face larger or smaller depending on what you are looking for. On my subzero, I left the hole opening a little larger (in fact on that material, you feed the head through the "face" hole. On the Scorpion hood, I saw that the game footage had WAY smaller hoods, so I shrunk the opening. The advantage of the lycra is that it stretches, and can fit multiple heads... the bad thing is that is doesn't fit quite as snug on the top and can have a little "point" near the seam... The cotton/poly hood fits PERFECTLY on the head, but that opening has to stay a little larger... AND, it requires more work to slide the head in. My camera is charging, so I will take photos here in a bit. Which heads are you considering? If you have photos next to a burrows, I will be able to take a stab at fitting it more perfectly. I would need front and side shots. Hope that makes sense... feel free to ask any more questions, and I'll try my best to explain in greater detail.

Regarding hoods, I purchased a Hot Toys Fireman hood to see how that was constructed, and it arrived today... I may make one more style of hood tonight to see how it does. We'll see... it would use the cotton/poly material, with an elastic band running around the face and bottom to "close" the hood around the face. I'll keep you posted.

Great to see this going forward! And cheaper than originally expected too! I got a pair of Goemon boots last week and I have to say they are indeed awesome. Now I just hope I can find another 2 pairs :lol

Oh, and put me down for a spear too. I made a chained version myself, but I wouldn't mind having both versions :)

BM - yeah, those boots are AWESOME. I am still waiting for another Goemon figure to appear on ebay! haha. I am seriously thinking about learning how to cast and mold here after I get these out to everyone (so later this spring). I have sculpted shinguards, a head (still a little rough... it is my first one ;)) and I would love to sculpt boots and cast them in the soft rubber. I also decided that Scorpion needs swords... I am thinking the Dastan ones would look nice... what do you think?

Okay some here are some photos. I was running out of light (I hate work... it takes up too much of my fun time!). So they are not great, but they are cool.

First one is showing the different angles of the tunic you can achieve. After doing this, I may have made this a little to slanted. Personally, I am happy with it, but if others want it more straight out, I would be glad to do so for you. Where you position the shoulders also plays into the "slant."
scorpion_wip_3.jpg

And now some fun ones!
Post #2

Marker - I just decided that I will make 2 hoods, and show you how each one looks on 2 heads, the HT TT head, and another random head laying around (it will be smaller). I hate the fact that I keep taking off the hoods on the ones I currently have, and since I will be making these anyway, it will give me a head start. Just give me a few days. I would recommend using a head with little to no hair though, as it will look a little weird since the hair doesn't fold back like in real life.

Alright bro cool. Sounds good. But don't go and make unnecessary hoods just for me. It's cool, I'm fine with the Lincoln head as I have that one and it's pretty good.

Marker - No worries... I think it is a good thing to show people. When I start making these, I will size all 2a hoods to Lincoln, and 2b hoods to the current head Link I am using for scorpion.

Updated the list. Please let me know if you are interested, or no longer interested in purchasing. Thanks!

BM - Sounds good! If you can think of any special requests you may have, let me know! I'll do my best to accommodate.

Happen to have a higher res image? It is hard to tell from that one. They look to be "hard" like a plastic or something...

The game wasn't exactly high res to begin with :lol

Here are bigger shots at least:

inside_PSN_MKII.jpg

250587_full.jpg

They basically look like the current shin guards with a double knee pad on top.

Def looks like a harder material... Maybe after I get these Yellow and Blue Ninjas out, I may see if I can sculpt some for you. It will give me an excuse to learn how to cast and mold ;)

Once I get some money from these initial figures, I will also be ordering some sample materials for Reptile. I have searched all the local fabric stores with ZERO luck.

Last edited:

Sounds like a plan. The figures look great as is, but I've always felt the ninjas looked their best in MK 2. And really those knee pads are the only difference.

I have to say you are an evil man. Now I'm looking into bashing a Raiden, Shao Kahn, Sonya, Kano, and old Shang Tsung thanks to these "colored ninjas" :lol

Back