Mirror's Edge 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELL YESS.

I know people complained about its finicky gameplay... but once you get used to the layouts, it feels so smooth and cinematic. Love the visual style, sound, and music of the first.

I like how Faith looks here... don't see what's so "anime" about it.

I actually really enjoyed the first game. I must've played the demo about 15 times before the demo came out too. As said above, once you are used to the controls and the timing, everything is very smooth and very fun.

I'm not getting an anime vibe either, it looks very similar in style to the first game. I'll be keeping a close eye on this, hope it turns out as good as, if not better than, the original.

Yeah me neither, the only thing is that she changed her looks from Korean in the 1st to Japanese in this one lol, but since it's a reboot, it doesn't bother me that much.

And the thrill of catching momentum to have a perfect run and the frustration of screwing up and having to start over, few games deliver this nowadays.

Is there a difference between Korean and Japanese faces?

Lol I don't see the first being Korean and this one being Japanese at all.

I mean, like any face, Korean and Japanese faces can be very similar... but trying to be stereotypical, the differences would be Koreans tend to have a slightly fuller face. Body frame tends to be larger/taller also.

But again, this is trying to be as stereotypical as possible.

It's not stereotypical in the least, Japanese and Korean people tend to have different facial features, they're not easy to spot in most cases and is certainly not easier for someone who is not immerse in one of said cultures, so I'm not saying I'm an expert in the least.

But I've come to learn that Korean people tend to have a little more square face frames with higher cheekbones and slightly smaller eyes and Japanese people tend to have a little rounder face frames with soft cheek bones and bigger eyes amongst other differences.

Of course I'm not saying this is a any kind of a rule of thumb, just my personal knowledge and experiences.

That's where I was basing of when commenting about Faith's new appearance.

Sorry, I meant "on average".

Anyways, I don't think many in either culture really *think* about the differences, they just see it and guess intuitively.

Not that it means that much more, I'm basing my experience by have lived in Japan and S. Korea for a few months and being Korean myself.

I always thought Faith was supposed to be part Chinese, but they never say. She's just of "Asian" descent. The game has lots of Chinese and some random Japanese (if I remember correctly) here and there. No Korean that I remember. I still thinks she's supposed to be part Chinese (she's supposed to be mixed or something).

Anyways, I remember my friends commenting on how Faith looks "hella" Asian, lol. Like "too" Asian and hit the realm of stereotype.

Last edited:
Good points, didn't know that lol

So we'll leave it at just Asian

Still can't decide which face I like the most, I think I like both Faiths equally.

I was stoked when I saw this... I really digged the original. It was just too short and in need of some refinement. I was all bothered that it never saw a sequel...

Just finished the first one. One of the best experiences this generation. Didn't look dated at all for an older game either on PC.

Back