Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing. I missed playing this after spending the last few weeks with the Evil Within.

Just got this game... Enjoying it very much... Question though... What is the best way to go about the game... Solving side missions first or going about and doing the storyline first... Some of the side missions seem like a *****.. Or at least trying to kill and Orc commander...

I am not a huge gamer I play the Arkham Batman games all the time but I feel a bit lost with this game right now.

Just got this game... Enjoying it very much... Question though... What is the best way to go about the game... Solving side missions first or going about and doing the storyline first... Some of the side missions seem like a *****.. Or at least trying to kill and Orc commander...

I am not a huge gamer I play the Arkham Batman games all the time but I feel a bit lost with this game right now.

I'd recommend trying both. IMO there's a good balance in the difficulty, and with he Nemesis system it can get difficult if you're not careful (as captain's rank up). I'm sure a lot of other people did this as well, but I spent a lot time in the beginning doing side missions just to explore and see how the combat system stacks up.

I didn't do all the side missions but I did enough of them so I could rank/level up enough before the final battle.

I'd recommend trying both. IMO there's a good balance in the difficulty, and with he Nemesis system it can get difficult if you're not careful (as captain's rank up). I'm sure a lot of other people did this as well, but I spent a lot time in the beginning doing side missions just to explore and see how the combat system stacks up.

I didn't do all the side missions but I did enough of them so I could rank/level up enough before the final battle.

Thanks....

I tried just going after some Orc captains for Revenge but found it practically impossible to sneak around with so many Orcs... Figured Powering up would help... In the Arkham games I always basically just followed the mission then I went back and did the side missions... While the game play is similar I think the verbiage and plot in Batman was easier for me to understand. Lots of crazy names and places in Mordor so that is helping me feel a bit lost LOL :)

Thanks....

I tried just going after some Orc captains for Revenge but found it practically impossible to sneak around with so many Orcs... Figured Powering up would help... In the Arkham games I always basically just followed the mission then I went back and did the side missions... While the game play is similar I think the verbiage and plot in Batman was easier for me to understand. Lots of crazy names and places in Mordor so that is helping me feel a bit lost LOL :)

I believe there is a menu where you can view more info on stuff thats in the game

Good to hear... I got spoiled by having all the Bat gadgets in Arkham.

Really enjoying this game... I can see playing this more then once. Only games I have ever one that with are the Arkham games

Cool! I play the Arkham games a lot too, I probably play Arkham City the most(completed it about 10 times now), you do get spoiled with Batmans gadgets, but that makes playing with Robin, Nightwing or Catwoman way more fun imo.

Cool! I play the Arkham games a lot too, I probably play Arkham City the most(completed it about 10 times now), you do get spoiled with Batmans gadgets, but that makes playing with Robin, Nightwing or Catwoman way more fun imo.
I'm not hardcore enough to complete all the challenges to 100% em all.

Is is strange that I wish we could play through Arkham City and Origins as Deathstroke? I'm going through his combat challenges right now, and it's really fun beating people down with him.

xmu8w4.jpg

Is is strange that I wish we could play through Arkham City and Origins as Deathstroke? I'm going through his combat challenges right now, and it's really fun beating people down with him.

Deathstroke is basically a retextured Robin from Arkham City..... so you could play Robins challenge maps in AC for a similar experience, and I know there are mods for playing as those characters in the main game map(but not the story)

I freaking love being Robin and Nightwing... Catwoman is cool too... But I wish you could play as either Robin or Nightwing for the whole game. I think both are better with the Hand to Hand combat... Or Hand to Staff / Batons combat :)

Yeah I can't go around looking for all the riddles... I have completed the first two at their hardest levels... I will do some of the riddles if I happen upon them... But I am more Action minded when it comes to games.

I recently went back to play this with all the updated content.... its really just skins but there are some new trials..... its still quite fun hacking Orcs to pieces and now with photo mode its really fun: I took these just now
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_12.11_[2014.12.09_17.42.36].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_21.28_[2014.12.09_17.43.19].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_24.53_[2014.12.09_17.43.48].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_31.24_[2014.12.09_17.45.03].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_37.41_[2014.12.09_17.46.11].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_48.38_[2014.12.09_17.47.05].jpg
Middle-Earth  Shadow of Mordor 12.09.2014 - 16.34.41.06.mp4_snapshot_59.03_[2014.12.09_17.48.00].jpg

I like that 2nd last one, hehe nothing sorts a pesky Orc out more than a swift kick to the nuts

Back