Michael Jackson's new album coming December 14th and "Breaking News" song

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Michael Jackson's new album coming December 14th and "Breaking News" song

WTF happened here??? :dunno...

Back to topic...

I've been listening to the album for the past few days...
It's quite great for a posthumous release IMO,
In all honestly not ALL the songs are great, but there are a few that
are absolutely masterpieces...
My favorites are:
- Behind The Mask (From Yellow Magic, later covered by Clapton)
- Another day (with Lenny Kravitz)
- Hold My Hand
- The Way you Love Me
- Keep your head up

These I think are OK, but not MJ's best:
- Best of Joy
- Much Too Soon
- Monster
- Hollywood Tonight

My least favorite is Breaking News,
I like the beat and all that but the over-processed voice kind of kills it...

Behind the Mask is definitely an amazing song!
MJ at his best!!!
Same with Another Day...

WTF happened here??? :dunno...

Back to topic...

I've been listening to the album for the past few days...
It's quite great for a posthumous release IMO,
In all honestly not ALL the songs are great, but there are a few that
are absolutely masterpieces...
My favorites are:
- Behind The Mask (From Yellow Magic, later covered by Clapton)
- Another day (with Lenny Kravitz)
- Hold My Hand
- The Way you Love Me
- Keep your head up

These I think are OK, but not MJ's best:
- Best of Joy
- Much Too Soon
- Monster
- Hollywood Tonight

My least favorite is Breaking News,
I like the beat and all that but the over-processed voice kind of kills it...

Behind the Mask is definitely an amazing song!
MJ at his best!!!
Same with Another Day...

I have to agree with you on your opinion of 'Breaking News'. I believe that 'Best of Joy' could have been, and even should have been the closer to 'This is It' or at least the last song to roll in the credits. I personally like the leaked version of 'Another Day'. Not a fan of Lenny and his forced and over pressed guitar riffs. Same deal with 'The Way You Love Me', like the version that was initially released with The Ultimate Collection better. Over all I am very pleased with this collection of unreleased songs. 'Behind the Mask' should have been the first, if not the second single released from this album, it is clearly the best song of the ten. Sounds like it was recorded during the 'Bad' era, has a very strong 80's sound and presence to it, would love to know more about its production.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/r3GIDjxoVBU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/r3GIDjxoVBU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> :rock :D:monkey2

A cool UK TV Ad! :rock :D :monkey2

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5wVSLGsuP5E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5wVSLGsuP5E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Didn't buy the album, even though i've been a fan since my fifth, i don't like to buy something that has a different 'singer' on three songs. I might have had slight doubts in the beginning but not anymore, it's crystal clear that it's someone else on the Cascio recordings. Screw this album.

Greatest Artist of all time? Seriously? All time? Hmm.....

To each their own, right? I agree though, for me he's the greatest artist of all time. I don't place any other music above him, for me he's the greatest.

No, I dont think it's to each his own.....Jackson cant be the greatest artist of all time. No one can be...:lol

Re: New Michael Jackson Album coming November 2010!

Yup. They're songs that the artists themselves decided NOT to release.

Yeah, but in this case it's great...his fans have been waiting so long for new material. And we all know Michael was a perfectionist to the bone. Songs like 'We've had enough' was later put on the Ultimate collection, but never intended for a real album release, but the song is incredible and better than most on Invincible.

Sony/Estate had alot of songs to choose from....but yet they had to choose these three ____ty ass Cascio tracks, they could have chosen from songs like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ranbko70bvo

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T6M77eFsEc

And so on.....i bet there's alot of songs that are awesome, hopefully we'll hear them sometime soon.

Re: New Michael Jackson Album coming November 2010!

Yeah, but in this case it's great...his fans have been waiting so long for new material.

I get that. But I'm saying, it's hard for me personally to get excited about music when the artist who made it thought the track(s) weren't good enough to release while they were alive. Or in some cases still living like all the unreleased crap Suge Knight and Deathrow put out from Snoop, The Dogg Pound & Dr. Dre.

All that music, even this stuff from MJ, they're all "Throw Away Tracks" from artists that tend to write/record a lot. And the reason they're not released is because the artists themselves don't think the tracks are all that good. So all this "new" music from MJ, these are all tracks that MJ initially didn't even like himself. And he's the one that made them.

:lol:lol:lol

I'm a member on a MJ forum, and the general consensus is the this new album isn't even worth owning.

From what I've heard music wise, it's forgettable. It feels like a compilation album featuring MJ on other artists' tracks. Some of us aren't even sure it's MJ on all the tracks, as it's suspected Jason Malachi does some vocals to fool those without acute hearing.

Look him up.

I'm a member on a MJ forum, and the general consensus is the this new album isn't even worth owning.

From what I've heard music wise, it's forgettable. It feels like a compilation album featuring MJ on other artists' tracks. Some of us aren't even sure it's MJ on all the tracks, as it's suspected Jason Malachi does some vocals to fool those without acute hearing.

Look him up.

I think i can agree with that. Even without the ____ Cascio tracks (Breaking news,Keep your head up and Monster) the album is good but not OMFG incredibly good like alot of fans have been saying on MJJC.

Hold my hand is a nice song, but it has nothing on a Earth Song,Heal The world, We've had enough and so on. Hollywood Tonight is cool but why the hell did they autotune this, if one voice doesn't need autotuned its Michaels, sigh.

I like the way you love me was already on The Ultimate Collection, this one's a bit different in the production, but apart from that, the same. Cool song. Best of joy is cool, but it's not really my thing. I can't make it another day sounds somewhat weak, it misses something, i really miss a verse from Lenny, and its just not as powerful as the leaked snippet back in 2010.

Behind the mask is awesome, while it's a cover...it's a damn good song. Much too soon is nice too, just so short though. But nah, the album is not a must own, however..if the Cascio tracks had not been on there,i would have added the cd to my collection.

I gotta disagree about Another Day,
as good as the leaked snippet was, the new version is a lot more powerful and better produced. Gives the song a unique sound while keeping MJ's powerful vocals.
if you listen to Lenny's version of the song, you can see how versatile he is with the music.

Also, Behind the Mask is MJ at his best, I'm sure he would've loved to see this song released, but couldn't due to the royalty issues...

Definitely not my favorite MJ album, there are far better songs in the vault that they should've released IMO.

As for the "fake songs" drama, I won't get in to that... too much negativity and I honestly have plenty of drama in my life to add more to it...

It's all crap. Thanks! :wave:rotfl

The Making of "Hollywood Tonight" :D
https://bcove.me/lmewrjki

Michael Jackson "Hollywood Tonight" short film :D :rock

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjGtTUfPcI4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjGtTUfPcI4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited:

Ugh...
Sorry my friend... but I really don't like it...
:(

I would like them to stop making videos without MJ...
doesn't make any sense...
Just release his music...

Back