Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got word from eBay that my Sulu has been dispatched, so, I should have him by the end of the week. Who knows, maybe Kirk will surface in the UK this year.....

Is Bones one that they're definitely doing?

On the Hottoycast interview Mez said that Bones was next but said he wouldn't come for a bit. It sounded like they want to do the whole crew, but it would really depend on sales of the first ones, which kind of stinks for the collector but makes total business sense.

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing in hand pics of Kirk. He's the first figure in a long while that I've pre-ordered based on the prototype alone. Regardless of him being good or bad, I would think that sales would have been pretty good. If Bones is as good as the others then he'll be a dead cert to do well. Scotty is a no brainer as you could get others and add other heads to make redshirts. Cue many "He's dead, Jim." dioramas.

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of reviews there's been for Sulu, nearly all the usual suspects did Spock, but there hasn't been a single video review of Sulu.

I can't do one, but I will post my findings and pics on here when I get him

I guess all the sulus came into the country at the same time. Its just taken different companies varying times to process them. I've just been charged for my FP one. Now just to wait the three months it'll take for Kirk to get here!

I got my Sulu earlier, but haven't had chance to do much as I've been out. On first impressions, he almost looks the wrong scale next to Spock. His head is broader and the legs on his trousers are higher up than Spock's are which makes him look taller. I'm pretty certain that George Takei was shorter than Leonard Nimoy and if it bugs me too much, I may swap the heads and tunics over and see how that looks. I'll have more of a play around later...

Just looked at Google and Leonard was 6ft and George was 5ft 6", so, yeah, based on that, I might swap things around a bit. I'll take a few pics when I get chance and see.

I will say that from what I've seen so far, things are boding well for Kirk...

Just got Kirk delivered. No surprises; he pretty much matches up with the photos we've already seen online. Doesn't look exactly like William Shatner, and the shirt is too yellow for my tastes. Also, there's no right hand that firmly grips the phaser rifle grip; as you can see in the photo, it's just sitting there. But otherwise, a nice figure.

z9Zb2ol.jpg

He looks really good. I'll certainly keep mine when he gets here. Your pic backs up what I was saying about Spock looking too small. I still think he would look better on Sulu's body which would bring him into the right height range to be next to Kirk. If conditions present themselves later I'll take some pics of my two before and after the swap.

I know what you mean about the yellow shirts, I always thought they were more of an ochre colour.

Hmm, it would appear that my assumption that Sulu was using a new taller body were incorrect. Here they are as they come:

Sulu looks taller than Spock, so, I thought I'd swap the bodies over:

As you can see, no difference! So, I swapped them back. It must just be the size and shape of Spock's head and his trousers that make him look shorter. Annoying, but, nothing you can do. Ah well....

A two shot:

"Spock to Kirk, Jim, it would appear as though Mr Sulu has found something he finds fascinating. I believe you Earth people refer to it as a Pokemon."

Just got Kirk delivered. No surprises; he pretty much matches up with the photos we've already seen online. Doesn't look exactly like William Shatner, and the shirt is too yellow for my tastes. Also, there's no right hand that firmly grips the phaser rifle grip; as you can see in the photo, it's just sitting there. But otherwise, a nice figure.

z9Zb2ol.jpg

Oh man that's very disappointing. I was really impressed with Spock and after receiving the Qmx 1:6 Kirk and Spock I had really high hopes for 1:12 Kirk but I'm afraid he looks like a glorified Mego figure. :mad:

Back