Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing, I did that myself and this one liner was the response: Right now it been a lot of delays in shipment we have a lot now as well Thank you

If you can get more than that from them then feel free. One:12 could be a winner for them, but only if everyone that wants them can get them. Personally, having only US shipping on their site doesn't help all that much.

Star Trek Missions convention starts today. Mezco will be there. I've already asked - nothing new on display. Shame since I want to see more TOS and a TNG 30th anniversary announcement.

I see, Sulu is listed as released on their site, but, all the UK ebay sellers still say he's pre-order. One says he's out on the 9 of this month, one says next month and the others haven't updated their listing text from when they said he was out in July.

However, the indications I get from the US sellers seem to point to him being a released figure. There looks to be some problem getting him out to overseas distributors.

Sulu has been out in the US since the middle of July. (that's when he shipped out from BBTS for me) It seems like the UK/EU has been generally 1-2 months behind the US since the 1st TDKR Batman. I do hope that in the next year or two they hammer out the logistics of getting these things out on a more regular and consistent basis for everyone. These delays coupled with different regions having to wait longer can kind of take the wind out of our 'Collective' sails. I do wonder if the delay to the UK/EU is similar to the Hot Toys delay to the US (i.e. HK gets HT 1st then shipped to SS which takes 4-6 weeks) and is just going to be the way it is.

I don't know, I can't really gather much from Mezco's site as to whether or not they are the sole US distributor or who handles them elsewhere. Logistics is definitely something they need to work on though.

The one figure of theirs that I was looking forward to the most was the Frankenstein Monster, but, he is listed as sold out on their site and only one Canadian seller has it listed on eBay, so, it looks like I won't be getting one.

Sulu and Spock beam down to the planet's surface.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for my Sulu. He does look good. I think I'm right in thinking that he is a smidge shorter than Spock though it isn't that evident in your pics. I just hope the production Kirk is just as good, he is the only figure I've pre-ordered without actually seeing a proper in hand figure.

I think you'll be happy with him. There isn't much of a height difference but you can manipulate that with the angle when you take a picture. Here is a better shot for height reference. I'm a big Planet of the Apes fan so I had to use them to juxtapose with the Star Trek figures.
IMG_2264.jpg

Now that would have been an interesting crossover. My local store has some of those NECA POTA figures on discount, I might have another look at them sometime.

When you compare the head sculpts, Neca wins. I love the tailored uniforms on the Trek figs. The apes would be amazing if they were tailored.

Having some fun,

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Neca on Mezco:

IMG_2353.jpg

Mezco on Neca:
IMG_2351.jpg

Last edited:
I've got more Figuarts than anything else now. I started witn McFarlane and then went into 1/6. Then they got too expensive and I went back to 1/12/

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for my Sulu. He does look good. I think I'm right in thinking that he is a smidge shorter than Spock though it isn't that evident in your pics. I just hope the production Kirk is just as good, he is the only figure I've pre-ordered without actually seeing a proper in hand figure.

Which Apes do they have on sale by you and how much? There's the odd one or two I wouldn't mind having doubles of for customs......

Zaius and a soldier I think.

Cheers. I'd recommend them if you're at all Interested, I have a few zaiuses and about twenty soldiers so I'm fine on that count (keeping an eye out for another ursus to make an urko)

Still no news on Sulu from FP ("we are awaiting an update from our suppliers") ah well he'll show up when he shows up I suppose!

Sounds about right. Who knows when Kirk will turn up then, hopefully this year. Pity they don't have a transporter really.

Kirk is on his way!

"We are expecting this item to arrive within the next 10 business days...)!!BBTS

IMG_2295.jpg

Back