Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't go that far, let's wait till the proper reviews come in. I'm not dropping mine, good or bad, I'm committed now. We're unlikely to get another TOS Kirk after him.

Oh man that's very disappointing. I was really impressed with Spock and after receiving the Qmx 1:6 Kirk and Spock I had really high hopes for 1:12 Kirk but I'm afraid he looks like a glorified Mego figure. :mad:

That doesn't make any sense - he's the same as Spock from the neck down, so you think the head makes him look like a Mego?

review_one12kirk_large.jpg

I think he is saying it based on the likeness. Mego sculpts tend to not look that accurate. I believe it is his opinion that Spock and Sulu look a lot more accurate than Kirk and that the difference is enough to make it look more Mego-ish than realistic. Not nessicarily my opinion just what I think he is trying to convey.

Last edited:
That's what I said..."so you think the head makes him look like a Mego?"

I'd also say that it might be a tad more than hyperbole to look at this and think it's the great (which it is):

review_qmxtrek_3.jpg

And then call this at half the size a 'glorified Mego':

review_one12kirk_3.jpg

There's far more similarity between the two than difference.

I'd also say that it might be a tad more than hyperbole to look at this and think it's the great (which it is):

As you may already have seen from your FB post about the review, I actually think that your pics have made him look so much better than I thought he was going to and I'm even more glad now that I pre-ordered him. This bodes well for the rest of the line and I'm looking forward to Bones now.

That doesn't make any sense - he's the same as Spock from the neck down, so you think the head makes him look like a Mego?

View attachment 293614

I didn't say Spock I was referring to Kirk. The fact that the shirt is too yellow and the stitching of the fabric makes it look very Mego-like. While the HS turned out slightly better than the first pic posted it's still not as good as Spock or Sulu, IMO. Shatner is a difficult likeness to nail and thus far only Qmx seems to have really nailed it.

I think he is says my it based on the likeness. Mego sculpts tend to not look that accurate. I believe it is his opinion that Spock and Sulu look a lot more accurate than Kirk and that the difference is enough to make it look more Mego-ish than realistic. Not nessicarily my opinion just what I think he is trying to convey.

Bingo.

Last edited:

I have to say until reading your review I was starting to feel worried that there was a steep drop off with Kirk. I am real pleased with Space k & Sulu so if Kirk in hand looks as good as Sulu I will be happy. That comparison between QMX and Mezco helps as well. I think QMX did a great job and you can see how similar the two sculpts are at least in my opinion in those two pictures.

I took the plunge on this line over the weekend. I couldn't make up my mind between this and the QMx line, but after a bit of consideration I decided to save myself some $$ and went with this line. I knew whichever way I went I'd end up wanting the whole crew, so after doing some simple math and reading reviews the choice for me was easy. I should have Sulu and Spock by week's end, hopefully Kirk soon as well, just need to find one at a discounted price.

These figures looks fantastic. I'm in trouble if they ever decided to do the modern cast in this scale.

I think your wallet will be safe for a while at least, there are still all the incarnations of the TOS crew and possible movie versions of them...

Just cancelled my order for all my Mezco fogures. To all German fellows, dont go with actionfiguren24. I dont even have Spock in hand yet, despite having paid for him a few weeks/months back. Now I will habe to search for a new seller for a decent price. Issues like this really annoy me.

There have been shipping delays getting a lot of stuff into Europe, changing sellers may not change that. I don't think it was the seller's fault and I would have waited and been thankful they were at least ordered. You might have an even longer wait now.

It was a short variant of a long story.

Overhere Spock has arrived a few weeks ago. I was well aware of the delay. Anyway, I have already found another seller. My usual HT supplier who wasnt offering them, is now ordering a set for me. Another advantage of being a regular client for years now. :)

Ok, good, glad you're getting what you want. Hopefully it won't take too much longer to sort the mess out. We were just unlucky that the shipping company everyone used went to the wall.

Personally I'd actually be glad if kirk is delayed, I wouldn't be able to afford him for a while. The car's due its MOT and that won't be cheap. Damn these real world expenses!

Back