Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine. While it's not as bad as the first pic looked, the likeness is still somewhat disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the Qmx. Also it came with an alternate head and I am struggling to see what the difference between the 2 are as I cannot tell they look nearly identical. Also the shirt is very bright yellow and not mustard. The figure is decent overall but they just didn't nail Shatner.

My Kirk shipped today, should have him next week. I was blown away by Spock, received him yesterday.

The second Kirk head is smirking like he often did before the end credits. Based on pics I've seen, I think I'm going to be happy with mine, though it will probably be a few more weeks before I get my hands on him. It depends what shipping is like now.

The second Kirk head is smirking like he often did before the end credits. Based on pics I've seen, I think I'm going to be happy with mine, though it will probably be a few more weeks before I get my hands on him. It depends what shipping is like now.

Smirking? Looks like I got 2 of the same head then.

Kirk is in the UK,

Just got a dispatch notice from eBay, so, I should have him by the end of the week. That doesn't seem as long as the wait for Sulu, so, it's possible the shipping delays are being sorted.

Oh nards. That means FP won't be too far behind, and I'm skint because of car repairs. Fingers crossed there's enough in the bank if they try to charge me.

Just cancelled my order for all my Mezco fogures. To all German fellows, dont go with actionfiguren24. I dont even have Spock in hand yet, despite having paid for him a few weeks/months back. Now I will habe to search for a new seller for a decent price. Issues like this really annoy me.
So them saying on their website that he is in stock and shipping within three days is not true? As I was about to cancel somewhere else and go there instead.

But if it is really the shipping company's fault then it doesn't matter which seller as they are all in the same boat? Is that what I am taking from the recent discussion? So if I patiently sit back and do nothing, I may get him eventually?

Pretty much, yes, I would wait. The turn around from release to arrival for Kirk was shorter than it was for Sulu, so, for future orders I'd go with whoever you can and see what happens. Better that than scrabbling around later trying to find stuff only to find the prices have gone up. I've found a reliable UK seller for my Star Trek so I'll stick with them to get the rest no matter what happens.

I'm glad to have the captain in hand. Here is a group shot with him in his chair.

IMG_3249_1.jpg

Here is a close up of the alternate head.

IMG_3266.jpg

Looks great!! I received my Kirk a couple of days ago. What Bridge set is that, Playmates?

Looks great!! I received my Kirk a couple of days ago. What Bridge set is that, Playmates?

Hi Marvelito, it is the Bridge set made by DIDA DISPLAY. The company unfortunately is no longer in business. Its a great display that was made as an upgrade to the old Mego style bridge.

Here is a group shot with a different angle. I'll try to take some other shots but its not easy with such few figures.

IMG_3258.jpg

I bought the captain's chair from this website; great and quick service:

https://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade

Gotcha, thanks! Hopefully Mezco puts out a nice bridge set. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

It's odd how Kirk looks off in that first bridge pic, but great in the second. I guess he has one of those heads like Daniel Craig, where one angle can look entirely different from the next. I also find it strange that the chair seems small, when at 1/9 it should be larger somehow. I should, fingers crossed, have my Kirk in hand tomorrow and I'm looking forward to him.

The angle of the shot was able to hide the scale difference, lol. :)

Here are a few more shots; one of Sulu at his station, a birds eye view, and a group shot at the transporter room.

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3270_1.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Another thing to note is that these figures can't really sit so I'm not sure how Mezco will be able to make a bridge set without redoing the bodies. :horror

Mezco look like they are doing a Kirk chair:

https://blog.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-star-trek-captains-chair-concept/

No real details on releasing it, but, it's likely they will.

In that last pic that Stickman posted, Kirk looks off again. However, in all of Michael Crawford's pics he looks great and it's the same figure so he must actually be that good. Hopefully I'll find out in a few hours.....

"This product is in stock and ready to be charged and shipped" never have words made me so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm pretty sure there's enough in the bank, but sulu being so late has made this one a little harder to justify, coming so close afterward. The wife's going to kill me!

Back