Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Good rules.

I’m serious with this question: who are these people that pay $220-$1,000 for this line? The Punisher is a prime example. Yes it’s a great figure, but $250? And for the standard version at that. Ha! Absolutely no way.

I’d say anything between $90-$120 after market is fair for some of the figures in this line, but when I see it climb above that I’m out. Gotta forget it and move on.

I’m serious with this question: who are these people that pay $220-$1,000 for this line? The Punisher is a prime example. Yes it’s a great figure, but $250? And for the standard version at that. Ha! Absolutely no way.

I’d say anything between $90-$120 after market is fair for some of the figures in this line, but when I see it climb above that I’m out. Gotta forget it and move on.

Got to decide what you want and jump on it. I have been able to get figures after release but paid just about retail or no more than $10-20 more, most of that went to shipping. you can't wait too long for most figures.

I got into Mezcos a little late. I didn’t even acquire my first until this past Xmas. And now I have 10. I’ve given up on getting a punisher; I’ll just wait for the Netflix version.

I haven't had a chance to look at this thread much. So please forgive me if this has been discussed recently. What's everyone's thoughts on Thor Ragnarok Gladiator Hulk from Mezco vs the Figuarts version? Which seems like the best version to buy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just recently got a Mezco Class Yellow and Brown Wolverine. I love the figure. It's great. But there is one thing bothering me about it.

Anyone else notice that their shoulder pads are different? Check it out: 2018-03-11_00-12-37_040.jpg

2018-03-11_00-12-56_755.jpg

After looking at everyone's photos and video reviews on Youtube, it seems like I got a Wolverine with two left shoulder pads. I tried taking his right shoulder pad off and flipping it, but the way it's configured and shaped - it's definitely meant to just be a left shoulder pad. Anyone else have this problem? Will BBTS exchange it for a new one?

Just recently got a Mezco Class Yellow and Brown Wolverine. I love the figure. It's great. But there is one thing bothering me about it.

Anyone else notice that their shoulder pads are different? Check it out: View attachment 398664

View attachment 398665

After looking at everyone's photos and video reviews on Youtube, it seems like I got a Wolverine with two left shoulder pads. I tried taking his right shoulder pad off and flipping it, but the way it's configured and shaped - it's definitely meant to just be a left shoulder pad. Anyone else have this problem? Will BBTS exchange it for a new one?

Yep you got 2 of the same shoulder pad. BBTS will definitely help you from my experience. Maybe you could talk them into sending just the correct shoulder pad. I had to send the whole figure back for my exchange, though.

Anyone else notice that their shoulder pads are different? Check it out: View attachment 398664

View attachment 398665

Awe man! I haven’t checked mine to make sure.

I haven't had a chance to look at this thread much. So please forgive me if this has been discussed recently. What's everyone's thoughts on Thor Ragnarok Gladiator Hulk from Mezco vs the Figuarts version? Which seems like the best version to buy?

The Figuarts looks nice, but their scaling is usually a little small. I am going with the Mezco because I think it looks way better and plus all the accessories. I think Mezco is more value. You should also have a look at the Gladiator Hulk.

The Figuarts looks nice, but their scaling is usually a little small. I am going with the Mezco because I think it looks way better and plus all the accessories. I think Mezco is more value. You should also have a look at the Gladiator Hulk.
Thanks! I was actually asking about Gladiator Hulk. I want to get a Hulk, but was unsure which was best. The Mezco version looks a little better to me I think, but I was looking for other opinions.

Thanks! I was actually asking about Gladiator Hulk. I want to get a Hulk, but was unsure which was best. The Mezco version looks a little better to me I think, but I was looking for other opinions.

Omg I’m sorry. Lol. I do this all the time where I read and say Hulk and actually mean Thor. I’m not sure why.

A lot of people have had major issues with the previous iteration of Hulk from Figuarts. Gappage is a problem when it comes to articulation. I think the Gladiator version uses the same mold as the previous. Good smile company Figma has been the preferred 6” Hulk by many.

The Mezco is way superior IMO, but we’ll have to see what it’s like in hand.

View attachment 398665

Even if his shoulder pads were correct I would return him because of that horrendous stiching on his back!

I’m really on the fence about Thor Ragnarok Gladiator hulk and Thor. I have the Hot Toys coming but I suspect these will be more fun to pose more frequently etc would love a Hela too.
Anyone in the UK have a preferred seller who gets new Mezco’s in a reasonable time frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg I’m sorry. Lol. I do this all the time where I read and say Hulk and actually mean Thor. I’m not sure why.

A lot of people have had major issues with the previous iteration of Hulk from Figuarts. Gappage is a problem when it comes to articulation. I think the Gladiator version uses the same mold as the previous. Good smile company Figma has been the preferred 6” Hulk by many.

The Mezco is way superior IMO, but we’ll have to see what it’s like in hand.

I think we agree for the most part— you can make the case that the Figma Hulk is the best on the market in any scale. With that being said/written, like you stated, Mezco’s Has not been released yet, and if their previous releases are any indication of what to expect, they will be the new leader—in my opinion.

I’m really on the fence about Thor Ragnarok Gladiator hulk and Thor. I have the Hot Toys coming but I suspect these will be more fun to pose more frequently etc would love a Hela too.
Anyone in the UK have a preferred seller who gets new Mezco’s in a reasonable time frame?

To he honest, In the UK we're always gonna wait... I ordered TDK from forbidden planet, no issues except the late shipping.

I've preordered now from Toys in the attic, will see how they are.

My Spider-Man finally arrived today. I'm pretty torn on it. Like usual for Mezco, all the technical aspects of the figure are great and high quality: the tailoring is excellent(the suit is tight yet doesn't seem to restrict joint movement and thus posability), the body they use for him is great (the ankles still need a lot of work but overall the articulation is good and I like the athletic, slender, almost lanky body they used for him), and all the paint and moldings on it are terrific (in particular I love the eyes -- whatever material or paint they used for them make them look like lenses as they should rather than just white parts on a mask).

But there are a lot of design choices and Mez-flair bits that don't work for me. While the difference in materials between his fabric costume and the plastic gloves, boots, and mask aren't quite as noticeable in hand as they are in super bright pictures online it's still noticeable enough that it bothers me. Spider-Man's costume is supposed to be really thin (and outside of the eye lens and the bottom of his booties, mostly the same made of the same material), he even usually wears his booties as socks underneath his regular shoes, and either puts the gloves in his pockets or tucks them into his belt along with his mask. Here, though, the material difference (along with the idiotic decision to make the webbing on the plastic parts raised unlike the fabric parts) makes him look like he's wearing heavy boots, gauntlets, and a helmet.

The material difference aside, the feet look over-designed and I just don't like the look of them. Personally I would've preferred if they did the costume like the Miles Morales and the upcoming black costume ones and made it all fabric save for the head and hands, with the plastic texturing for those two parts matching the fabric as close as possible. Giving him a Peter Parker head and a fabric mask to pull over it would be ideal but I'm not sure they could pull it off well in this scale. Another problem I have with the costume is that nearly any time I pose him I find I have to shift around and futz with the costume a lot, otherwise it'll often look very off-centered and twisted about. The chest / torso area especially is where I usually need to straighten the costume out, else the chest spider looks weird.

Lastly for the costume there's the colors. It feels like they couldn't decide between the typical bright red and blue or the black and darker red of Ditko's original design and thus decided to compromise with a darkish red and a weird dark navy blue. I don't mind the shade of red they used but that navy blue doesn't work well for me. Speaking of Ditko, I kept seeing people call the alternate head the 'Ditko head' but I'm not seeing it. It looks more based on Jack Kirby's design of the costume from the original printed Amazing Fantasy #15 cover than it does Ditko's usual look of the eyes, which tended to have shorter but slightly bigger whites and thicker, very winged black outer parts.
Kirby:
Kirby.jpg

Ditko:
Ditko.jpg

On the topic of the heads, I think they seem a bit too big, which isn't helped at all by the neck also seeming a touch too long. The other accessories are great, though. It comes with all the hands you'd expect him to: web shooting, web swinging/holding, wall crawling, and fists. Then there's a variety of web lines, the most interesting being the long, flexible one. The one missing thing that's hurting it is an unmasked head. Unlike a lot of super heroes, Spider-Man's regular identity of Peter Parker and his social life have always been a major part of the comics. A spider-sense accessory attachment like Daredevil's radar is also something I think this should've had, though the lack of this doesn't bother me as much as the missing unmasked head.

To wrap this up, this overall is a nice figure. For most people it'll probably fill the Spider-Man hole in their Mezco collection nicely or otherwise just be a great Spider-Man figure to own, and it's definitely a fun figure to play around with and pose. For those of us who want a very comic accurate Spider-Man there's a lot of design choices that bother me a lot. With the popularity of Spider-Man I'm hoping that they'll do an updated version of the figure later like they did with the Joker and fix a lot of these issues (I'm hoping they do the same for Superman, too).

I'm still really looking forward to the black costume Spidey that should be releasing soon. With the '80s being one of my favorite Spider-Man eras I might just give this one to my nephew as a birthday present and use the black Spidey as the main one of my collection and hope that they do an updated blue & red one somewhere down the line.

Nice and thorough review and I agree with most of the points you made but I don't mind the dark blue as I'm not a fan of light blue on Spider-man. I'm also looking forward to the black spidey which looks improved from the prototype (pic below) and the homecoming spidey which looks like teenage peter parker (but I hope they darken the blue a tad similar to hot toys). Overall I like Mezcos a lot but I hope they diversify the roster an make a LOT more villains like Lobo, Dr Doom, Magneto etc and stop milking 15 versions of Batman.:)

IMG_20180217_114817.jpg

He looks great but I wish he had the same pointy shoulder pads as the tiger stripes Wolverine.

Also, the "all-kinda-pleather" suit would frighten me in the long term.

Nice and thorough review and I agree with most of the points you made but I don't mind the dark blue as I'm not a fan of light blue on Spider-man. I'm also looking forward to the black spidey which looks improved from the prototype (pic below) and the homecoming spidey which looks like teenage peter parker (but I hope they darken the blue a tad similar to hot toys). Overall I like Mezcos a lot but I hope they diversify the roster an make a LOT more villains like Lobo, Dr Doom, Magneto etc and stop milking 15 versions of Batman.:)

View attachment 399228

Would love to see a Dr. Doom and Magneto. Also are my eyes playing tricks on me or did they switch the black suit material on that Spidey? Whatever it is I'm diggin it.

Back