Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow wow wow, ive not been into non 1/6 for years but this stuff is amazing. Having said that did just buy a load of mcfarlane assassins creed and mega bloks, argh too much awesome right now. Hot toys is becoming a distant memory

By choice, because it's the best scale :rock

It's not all choice. The way licensing works you get a license for a particular scale. You don't go get the Avengers license and then can make any scale. You get a specific movie, or property and a specific scale and region where you can sell. So, not really choice in everything.

It's not all choice. The way licensing works you get a license for a particular scale. You don't go get the Avengers license and then can make any scale. You get a specific movie, or property and a specific scale and region where you can sell. So, not really choice in everything.
I know.

But they did choose to go after the 1/12 market, that was the whole point of the ONE:12 brand, to bring the 1/6 quality down to 1/12.

So it was a choice.

That Captain America looks great :drool could use a slight fix on the pants, but I like what I see. Everything else is very fine too. The Punisher's head sculpt really caught my eye, though

I know.

But they did choose to go after the 1/12 market, that was the whole point of the ONE:12 brand, to bring the 1/6 quality down to 1/12.

So it was a choice.

It's not a choice if it's all you got. It's like saying you choose your parents. If they could not get the 1/4 or 1/9 or 1/10 or 1/6 or 1/5 or 1/3 or 1/16 or 6 inch or 3&3/4 or 1/32 or 1/64 or 1/1......then saying they choose the 1/12 is not really accurate....or its misleading. They didn't choose it over any other scale, it's all they could choose. And ou don't know they came up with the tag line before they aquired the licensing or in response to it, or if they saw that all the other scales where already taken and then made it up since it was the only one even available. It's easy to come up with a tag line after the fact.

And given the fact that the company that has the licensing ownership chooses who gets each scale and where to sell, no one chooses. Disney and marvel and WB and DC choose. It wouldn't matter if the 1/6 lic is available and some one wanted it, you can't choose it. You can submit a proposal but the rights holder chooses who makes what.

The question posed original was asking why do 1/12 and not 1/6 or 1/4 and if that was an option that they went with or where forced to take. They did not have the option to make figures at the other scales, so it was not choice.

I'm not talking about the merits of the ompny or the products or the scale. That is irrelevant to this question. If they can't make the 99% of the other scales then they don't have a choice.

It's not a choice if it's all you got. It's like saying you choose your parents. If they could not get the 1/4 or 1/9 or 1/10 or 1/6 or 1/5 or 1/3 or 1/16 or 6 inch or 3&3/4 or 1/32 or 1/64 or 1/1......then saying they choose the 1/12 is not really accurate....or its misleading. They didn't choose it over any other scale, it's all they could choose. And ou don't know they came up with the tag line before they aquired the licensing or in response to it, or if they saw that all the other scales where already taken and then made it up since it was the only one even available. It's easy to come up with a tag line after the fact.
So, you know for a fact they had no other choice? Because I'm going by the official info they themselves gave.

And given the fact that the company that has the licensing ownership chooses who gets each scale and where to sell, no one chooses. Disney and marvel and WB and DC choose. It wouldn't matter if the 1/6 lic is available and some one wanted it, you can't choose it. You can submit a proposal but the rights holder chooses who makes what.
So, they submitted for 1/12 rights and they got 1/12 rights.

The question posed original was asking why do 1/12 and not 1/6 or 1/4 and if that was an option that they went with or where forced to take. They did not have the option to make figures at the other scales, so it was not choice.

I'm not talking about the merits of the ompny or the products or the scale. That is irrelevant to this question. If they can't make the 99% of the other scales then they don't have a choice.
So, companies known for working with a specific scale, and getting Say Marvel/DC licences for that specific scale is pure coincidence? i.e. PAK, Hasbro, Figma, SHF, etc etc?

No, it was a choice.

Sure "owners get to say yes", but Mezco went specifically for this scale, period.

Well, there are licensing issues on scales at times, like NECA with some of their 7" DC figures. They had to do them in 1/4th because no one claimed that, and I think Mattel, or some other owner, had the license for smaller scale. But Gaspar is still right on One:12, and the concept, and you know, nothing wrong with that.

Also Gaspar, PAK has no scale. We have been over that :lol

I think they need to drop the knife on the boot for Cap...not a fan of that

Well, there are licensing issues on scales at times, like NECA with some of their 7" DC figures. They had to do them in 1/4th because no one claimed that, and I think Mattel, or some other owner, had the license for smaller scale. But Gaspar is still right on One:12, and the concept, and you know, nothing wrong with that.

Also Gaspar, PAK has no scale. We have been over that :lol
Isn't PAK supposed to be """1/9th"""" scale? :lol you know "officially".

At least that's how they started.

And yeah Pierre himself has said multiple times he wanted to do 1/12th with 1/6th quality.

Isn't PAK supposed to be """1/9th"""" scale? :lol you know "officially".

At least that's how they started.

And yeah Pierre himself has said multiple times he wanted to do 1/12th with 1/6th quality.
Maybe, but they never really said that. We don't know, they don't know, I don't know, you don't know :lol

Also true on Mezco

A One 12 Spiderman is the only figure I see myself getting if it looks good.

A Mark Bagley Spidey :bunnydanc

shhdEr9.jpg

And classic yellow suit Wolverine.

grIqL8d.jpg

Man, when Mezco drops Spidey it's gonna become the new McFarlane Spidey, it's gonna replace the ToyBiz one so hard :lol I might get a couple of those just to let the value increase and retire on their sales :monkey3

Last edited:
Back