Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my brown Wolvie today. I am happy with him although I would like an unmasked head:hi5:

20180207_133119-1.jpg
20180207_132132-1.jpg

Wolverine came in today. Shorts are a bit on the big side that makes the belt ride up too high. But over all he’s a really nice looking figure, he will display nicely next to my tiger strip Wolvie.

Classic Spidey arriving tomorrow..my mezco collection is growing faster than I thought ..am I crazy :lol

First decent Spidey classic review..check it out..even though this guy’s voice always annoys me. He does great reviews :lol

https://youtu.be/fZkz9RQ3IcI

That classic Spidey is the reason I've kept following Mezco One:12 despite being baffled and put off by many of their design choices. I think it's a very solid release, I'm into it.

That classic Spidey is the reason I've kept following Mezco One:12 despite being baffled and put off by many of their design choices. I think it's a very solid release, I'm into it.

I wonder if Tony Mei will make a baby blue comic mezco Spidey out of this..i’d say 100% :lol

I’m sure he’s planning on modding the feet too

The thing with Iron Man, is that it just looks like a really nicely done Marvel Legends figure. At that price I would expect much more. I think most people who like this line see it as a mini-Hot Toys line. This figure could in no way be described as a mini-Hot Toys.

I think of hot toys as large mezco figures--i can tell the future!!!

The Ironman figure looks good in all but as 1:12 Ironman figure goes, Comicave is the best. They nailed it with the few figures they have done so far. They are 75% Diecast and his eyes and arc reactor light up. Unfortunately as a company, they are unreliable and haven't released anything decent in a while.

I think there will be a new leader once this is relased if history tells us anything.

Someone was comparing with Marvel Legends so I responded to that.
$20 is still $20. Paying $20 for a Marvel Legend, for me, is throwing $20 by the window. It's just not worth it, neither financially or visually. I don't enjoy those figures.

I have collected figures ever since I was a kid, I have gone through various stuff. I loved poor action figures like Marvel Legends when I was a kid.
There was a time when I was into Hasbro, then McFarlane, then Neca, then Revoltech, Figma and even Figuarts. Then I discovered Hot Toys and my vision of toys changed. Those figures were so well done that I thought to myself "why invest $20 or $30 or even $50-$70 in figures that feel cheap compared to Hot Toys? Let's save all the money and space for Hot Toys figures".

Then came Mezco One:12 figures, and at first, I wasn't sure if it was totally worth it. I am still to this day comparing Hot Toys and Mezco figures. Hot Toys are the most realistic figures (by saying Hot Toys I also talk about Blitzway, ThreeZero and other brands doing incredible 1/6 figures) but the scale, in the long-term collecting, has become a problem for me. It takes too much space, I'm very worried about manipulating them too much and almost never toy with them (in that once I find the perfect pose, I almost never touch my Hot Toys again, I just stare at them).

Mezco are really liked Hot Toys but smaller. Of course you lose detail with such a small scale but in the end, I'm happier with Mezco figures. You often have an additional head with the figures, which Hot Toys hasn't done for a very long time. It just gives you more options. And they are more poseable globally, and I'm less stressed about posing them, they are very solid figures. And it makes you save a lot of space. But of course Hot Toys are still the best looking figs on the market.

So it's not really a matter of price in the end. It's a matter of what you prefer. Marvel Legends really does nothing for me. I respect those who still like and collect those figures but for me it's just not worth it.

Wow I googled Comicave and I had never heard of them. Thank you! 75% Diecast and light-up features, awesome. Their Hulkbuster looks incredible, how come had I not heard of this company! Do you own one of their Iron Man? I would love to see a pic of a Comicave Iron Man and a Mezco figure to compare the scale.

You are talking about price, comiccave figures are really expensive--with limited range of motion.

You will be in trouble, I love these better than hot toys as far as posing and playing. It fills less guilty, but hot toys is better
Hot toys were not designed for play--more of a statue--limited range of motion, cloth uniforms that don't give--no action. Compare the figma hulk to the hot toys hulk. Figma great articulation, hot toys limited. Will see how mezco compares to figma.

really wish they went with the first appearance early armor for iron man in the 1/12 line, much like the armored batman no doubt they could have pulled it off. that way its the buck base body inside armor and would feel much more deserving of the high price point. IMO

Brown suit Wolverine looks awesome :yess: I wish the tiger stripe version was a general release, as that one also looks killer

However I'd like to get an astonishing wolverine with a screaming head sculpt to recreate this pose from civil war:

QDfSYtC.jpg

Brown suit Wolverine looks awesome :yess: I wish the tiger stripe version was a general release, as that one also looks killer

However I'd like to get an astonishing wolverine with a screaming head sculpt to recreate this pose from civil war:

QDfSYtC.jpg

Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi did the astonishing suit instead :lecture

Good catch!

Q4DfmlX.jpg

However, I'm not too fond of revoltech figures :monkey4

I have both..and I can tell you aesthetically the revoltech Wolvie can look odd but the articulation is phenomenal while mezco tiger striped wolvie is more limited in articulation but looks almost perfect in sculpt design accuracy

Back