Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I form opinions based on reviews and stuff too but I usually try to take those with a grain of salt until I get the figure, assuming it was one I was interested in. I'm in those FB groups, I believe 4 of them for Mezco's, I dont see a ton of apologists and hivemind people, lately all I've seen is too many shots of Wolverine's crotch.
Yeah that's the group, with the Wolverine crotch shots :lol

Nica they're so overzealous there, people will go crazy if you criticize Mezco there.

Closer fitting under the arms and on the legs, show me the range of articulation possible with that, show me how the suit holds up to the stress of posing over time. Show more than just that one perfect museum pose under studio lighting.
Have you ever tried to do a onesie yourself? I have, I've done handmade onesies, pants and t-shirts, with a variety of fabrics, hand sew, I'm not very good at it, but even with cheap fabric and amateur hand sewing they will last and take the play.

I would assume Tony Mei has been making this stuff way longer than Mezco, I wouldn't expect fabric to unexpetedly crumble with play, if anything, I'd expect them to be sturdier than Mezco's judging by the *much* finer stitching, I won't criticize Mezco here though, their build quality is exceptional.

Thanks for the TDKR picture, that's the one paint I saw! Now that one looks absolutely amazing and definitely superior to the Mezco release, but see, the painter is not Tony Mei. How much is this headsculpt with this particular paint application worth?

No there isn't, it's bad craft and bad decisions based in inexperience, other 1/12 manufactures don't have that problem with soft goods, they can't even add pockets to their pants FFS.

I'm going to prove you wrong easily.

First, name me 10 big toy companies that produce 1/12 figures with full clothes (please don't mention brands that offer a jacket or a shirt only with "real" clothes)
So?
Yeah, you can't, because there aren't much doing this right now.

I suppose you are familiar with what ThreeA is doing, but do you actually own one of their 1/12 figures? I do. And I can tell you the material quality of their clothes is nowhere near as good as Mezco's. They wear over time. I've own TDKR for years and it doesn't show a single sign of wear. However my ThreeA 1/12 figures do. Bear in mind I almost never pose them.
About the pockets in the pants, ThreeA figures do have this, and guess what: it makes the pants look baggy, not tight, and it's completely useless. Worse, if you try to put anything in those pockets, it tears the fabric on each of those 1/12 ThreeA figures. Believe me, I've tried.
I think Mezco are trying to do their best to offer a product that won't get much damage over time and offer pants as tight and classy as possible. And you really don't need real pockets. At least they are coherent in not proposing real pockets.
ThreeA sometimes offer real pockets, sometimes not, without any real reason. I really hate how much of their clothes wear over time.

I also know of Vortex Toys, I own one, and while the quality of their fabric is decent, they are as expensive as Mezco and the material they use is not on par with Mezco.

So it's clearly not bad design, bad craft, bad engineering, and even less bad decisions from Mezco. What they are doing is clearly something to protect your figures and offer the best possible product visually and the most solid one. If you can't see that, you're in complete denial.

There's also a lot of post purchase rationalization going on with Mezco, clearly mediocre/awful figures get praised after purchase, like Superman :lol

You don't know what you're talking about man. Have a look at my earlier posts in the two Mezco topics, I don't believe someone has been as critical as I have been when reviewing the products. I was very disappointed by Superman for several reasons, and I'm not rationalizing the cash I invested in it.
It seems to me though that you would like more Mezco figures but maybe can't for some reasons and you look like you're trying very hard to justify not buying them.

The form is better, the fabic is better, the trunks are better and more formfitting without the need of those awful vynil trunks.

Nope, nope, nope and... nope.

There is no Mezco figure outfit that Tony Mei hasn't vastly improved.

Do you have high resolution pictures of more of his work? I certainly haven't seen his take of Modern & Classic Red Skull and other recent figures like Harley Quinn, if you claim he did better, prove it.

They are digitally sculpted, so are Mezco's, he does paint himself but also does outsourcing IIRC.

Headsculpts painted by him or his friends are impeccable and miles ahead of Mezco's.

Oh really? That's what it looked like... Are you sure Mezco uses this same technique? If so, please show me your source of information.
Well, the TDKR picture posted earlier shows it's not his paint job. Do you have a picture of that same head sculpt with his paint job? From what I've seen of his paint work, it's not on par with Mezco. But that other painter guy, now that's what I would call a professional job.

I did answer that the price is an issue, IIRC a full figure is around $200 plus s/h, it's bad, but I'll hapily pay that for a definitive Superman, however I am not willing to pay $160 for 2 horrible Mezco Superman figures to have them shipped to Tony.

Thanks for the information.
$200... That's way too much for something that looks amateurish. So clearly a definitive pass for me. I'll still look with an open-mind his upcoming projects.

You're not picky at all :lol your standard is extremely low, but oddly enough you filter out the best stuff.

I assure you I'm very picky. If you think being picky is paying $200 for something amateur, then there's clearly something wrong with you :lol

I'm going to prove you wrong easily.

First, name me 10 big toy companies that produce 1/12 figures with full clothes (please don't mention brands that offer a jacket or a shirt only with "real" clothes)
So?
Yeah, you can't, because there aren't much doing this right now.
That doesn't prove me wrong, and why 10? Why can't it be just one? ThreeA pioneered realistic clothing in 1/12 and Mezco hasn't been able to catch up yet, by far.

There aren't many because it's a niche market. That's the only reason, "know how" isn't the problem.

I suppose you are familiar with what ThreeA is doing, but do you actually own one of their 1/12 figures? I do. And I can tell you the material quality of their clothes is nowhere near as good as Mezco's. They wear over time. I've own TDKR for years and it doesn't show a single sign of wear. However my ThreeA 1/12 figures do. Bear in mind I almost never pose them.
About the pockets in the pants, ThreeA figures do have this, and guess what: it makes the pants look baggy, not tight, and it's completely useless. Worse, if you try to put anything in those pockets, it tears the fabric on each of those 1/12 ThreeA figures. Believe me, I've tried.
I think Mezco are trying to do their best to offer a product that won't get much damage over time and offer pants as tight and classy as possible. And you really don't need real pockets. At least they are coherent in not proposing real pockets.
ThreeA sometimes offer real pockets, sometimes not, without any real reason. I really hate how much of their clothes wear over time.
I do, I own like 8 3A portables, and you're wrong in your judgment again, 3A materials are infinitely superior to Mezco as well, same goes for their tailoring and stitching, they do not wear over time, the oldest one I have I've had for like 5 years, good as new.

The pants aren't baggy because of the pockets :lol holy crap dude, your judgment is more off than I thought, the pants are baggy because they're eitehr bermudas or fatigues, the pockets don't add bulk to them, they also make skinny jeans and onesies like Dredd's which, oh surprise, is also vastly superior to Mezco's Dredd.

I kinda think you're lying because that's the first time ever, that I hear 3A clothes "wear over time" or that the pockets "rip" when you put stuff in it :lol yeah I'm not buying it.

The point here is that Mezco cannot do pockets :lol so it goes to reason they struggle with tailoring and fabric scaling.

So it's clearly not bad design, bad craft, bad engineering, and even less bad decisions from Mezco. What they are doing is clearly something to protect your figures and offer the best possible product visually and the most solid one. If you can't see that, you're in complete denial.
Yeah, not shilly at all.

It's bad design, bad decisions and shortcuts because they don't have the "know how" other companies and customizers have. No reason to romanticize lack of skill.

You don't know what you're talking about man. Have a look at my earlier posts in the two Mezco topics, I don't believe someone has been as critical as I have been when reviewing the products. I was very disappointed by Superman for several reasons, and I'm not rationalizing the cash I invested in it.
It seems to me though that you would like more Mezco figures but maybe can't for some reasons and you look like you're trying very hard to justify not buying them.
No, not you, it's a general mindset of the fanbase, everbody loves Superman now, before release, it was the most criticized mezco to date.

I don't like most Mezco figures because they're ugly and not worth the asking price, I LOVE a cuple because they're perfect, that's the swing Mezco operates in.

Oh believe me, it's not hard to justify at all :lol I am picky.

Nope, nope, nope and... nope.
Yep.

Do you have high resolution pictures of more of his work? I certainly haven't seen his take of Modern & Classic Red Skull and other recent figures like Harley Quinn, if you claim he did better, prove it.
The ones he's done, obviously.

But don't worry, if he makes those, he'll beat Mezco in those too.

Oh really? That's what it looked like... Are you sure Mezco uses this same technique? If so, please show me your source of information.
Well, the TDKR picture posted earlier shows it's not his paint job. Do you have a picture of that same head sculpt with his paint job? From what I've seen of his paint work, it's not on par with Mezco. But that other painter guy, now that's what I would call a professional job.
Yes I'm sure, Mezco has shown digital sculpts of some of their figures in the past, including heads, if you've been following Mezco from the start this should be common knowledge to you, I'm sure you can find pics online.

I don't know if they hand sculpt some of their figures though, no reason to assume they do.

You can check his instagram, he has more pics there, and no, his paint apps are superior to Mezco's.

Thanks for the information.
$200... That's way too much for something that looks amateurish. So clearly a definitive pass for me. I'll still look with an open-mind his upcoming projects.
If that's amateurish then Mezco's homemade :lol

I assure you I'm very picky
Clearly not :lol

I’m just gonna leave these here:

Sculpted by Tony, painted by Dario Barbera
c5d90ad5970a07d1333fb10ca5f18c04.jpg

Two suits by Tony. DKR suit is close to the original, but closer-fitting under the arms, and you can see the difference in material in how it sits on the abs and knees. The fabric doesn’t show sharp edges in the sculpt as clearly, so it looks more natural.
3f14a6afe02adc99154909f3f9af9b6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Punisher :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

This topic is turning really stupid with the mezco vs custom argument. If you enjoy one over the other, that’s fine. There’s pro and con to both. No need to go back and forth cause you already know there ain’t no convincing the other. And there’s really no need to come in the Mezco thread and make tons of posts about the same complaints over and over and bashing the people that actually enjoy the Mezco figures.

Last edited:
This topic is turning really stupid with the mezco vs custom argument. If you enjoy one over the other, that’s fine. There’s pro and con to both. No need to go back and forth cause you already know there ain’t no convincing the other. And there’s really no need to come in the Mezco thread and make tons of posts about the same complaints over and over and bashing the people that actually enjoy the Mezco figures.

Same kinda nonsense in movie thread...I’m right, I know more ....your wrong when in turn most don’t really give a ****.

We like what we like move on...

Wow this thread has blown up a little lol. I'm just going to save my pennies for a DKR sculpt and call it a day [emoji6]

GREAT shots of Wolverine btw. Makes me regret selling mine. I'll probably look for another or go the full custom route when prices calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics!

I do, I own like 8 3A portables, and you're wrong in your judgment again, 3A materials are infinitely superior to Mezco as well, same goes for their tailoring and stitching, they do not wear over time, the oldest one I have I've had for like 5 years, good as new.

The pants aren't baggy because of the pockets :lol holy crap dude, your judgment is more off than I thought, the pants are baggy because they're eitehr bermudas or fatigues, the pockets don't add bulk to them, they also make skinny jeans and onesies like Dredd's which, oh surprise, is also vastly superior to Mezco's Dredd.

I kinda think you're lying because that's the first time ever, that I hear 3A clothes "wear over time" or that the pockets "rip" when you put stuff in it :lol yeah I'm not buying it.

The point here is that Mezco cannot do pockets :lol so it goes to reason they struggle with tailoring and fabric scaling.

Not going to reply to everything you said because you don't give the sources I asked you, so it's opinion vs opinion really.
You can think I'm lying but I'm not, if I feel like it I will post pictures of the wear on my ThreeA figures. They were pioneer in this scale yes, but being a pioneer doesn't make you the best and in this case, they are not. They used to be when they were the only one company doing it.
I asked you to name 10 brands because the way you said Mezco couldn't make a proper job compared to other manufactures led to believe they were so many companies doing clothes on 1/12 scale, when in reality not many are doing it. I'm still waiting to see what Soap Studio figures are going to look like when released.

On the pants, each times they add pockets it makes them baggy. So that's why I think Mezco doesn't do that. Dredd doesn't have pockets so that's not the figure I had in mind obviously. I parted with my Dredds as I don't like the character enough. It's hard to say which was the best between Mezco and ThreeA, I preferred the paint ThreeA went for on Dredd. But as for the figure itself, as a whole the Mezco one was better, apart from the ankle joints. It just felt more solid and easier to pose. But really I'm not a fan of the character and even less of the leathery material (also a reason why I parted with my Shadowland Daredevil).

Anyway, you said you found Mezco One:12 figures ugly. I really don't get why you would spend so much time on the topic if that's the case. You are entitled to your opinion and that's fine by me, even though you are pretty bad at backing up your arguments and citing your sources, but you are free to not like them. Still, I don't spend time on subjects I have no interest for. It's one thing to be critical while liking the material and another to just hate it.

To me Mezco One:12 is the best toy line out there, and the one I'm having the most fun with and it's not about to change anytime soon.

Not going to reply to everything you said because you don't give the sources I asked you, so it's opinion vs opinion really.
You can think I'm lying but I'm not, if I feel like it I will post pictures of the wear on my ThreeA figures. They were pioneer in this scale yes, but being a pioneer doesn't make you the best and in this case, they are not. They used to be when they were the only one company doing it.
I asked you to name 10 brands because the way you said Mezco couldn't make a proper job compared to other manufactures led to believe they were so many companies doing clothes on 1/12 scale, when in reality not many are doing it. I'm still waiting to see what Soap Studio figures are going to look like when released.
It's fact whether you want to accept it or not. Sorry man, I don't buy it, it's not a known problem of 3A and it's the first time I've ever heard of that, why would fabric wear over time on its own? Despite you not playing with them :lol

3A is the best when it comes to 1/12th clothing though, that's a fact also, better stitching, better finish, better fabric scaling, more versatile clothing, etc etc. It looks like real clothing while Mezco still looks puffy and Mego-ish at times, Mezco's best attempts still look like 3AGO, hell, 3AGO still gets more intricate.

On the pants, each times they add pockets it makes them baggy. So that's why I think Mezco doesn't do that. Dredd doesn't have pockets so that's not the figure I had in mind obviously. I parted with my Dredds as I don't like the character enough. It's hard to say which was the best between Mezco and ThreeA, I preferred the paint ThreeA went for on Dredd. But as for the figure itself, as a whole the Mezco one was better, apart from the ankle joints. It just felt more solid and easier to pose. But really I'm not a fan of the character and even less of the leathery material (also a reason why I parted with my Shadowland Daredevil).
Mezco doesn't do pockets that because they can't, Pierre himself said it, and no, 3A pockets don't add any bulk to them, their skinny jeans have pockets and they remain skinny.

Anyway, you said you found Mezco One:12 figures ugly. I really don't get why you would spend so much time on the topic if that's the case. You are entitled to your opinion and that's fine by me, even though you are pretty bad at backing up your arguments and citing your sources, but you are free to not like them. Still, I don't spend time on subjects I have no interest for. It's one thing to be critical while liking the material and another to just hate it.
Yeah I don't cite sources, because it's common knowledge and you should be familiar with those facts if you're gonna argue about them.

I spend time on here because I see potential in the line, I've been here from the start and Mezco is still resting on the success of their initial figures, now everybody has this weird Stockhold syndrome for them, I complain so much because the potential is most of the time wasted, and I look forward for their following figures, when Mezco nails it, they nail it, but we have to endure several flops before each homerun.

To me Mezco One:12 is the best toy line out there, and the one I'm having the most fun with and it's not about to change anytime soon.
Well more power to you.

It's fact whether you want to accept it or not.

Mezco doesn't do pockets that because they can't, Pierre himself said it, and no, 3A pockets don't add any bulk to them, their skinny jeans have pockets and they remain skinny.

Yeah I don't cite sources, because it's common knowledge and you should be familiar with those facts if you're gonna argue about them.

I had to search for Pierre interviews to find informations about what you just claimed. And you are wrong.

Citing sources is important if you claim something is fact, especially if you're going to make someone like Pierre say something. Your "common knowledge" is BS, you just made up a false statement to justify your point of view and all of your demonstration just crashed down.
Here is what Pierre really said about pockets (listen at what he replies about pockets at 13:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvmRXM1yZM

See? That's how you debate. You cite the source. So what Pierre said is clearly not that they can't make pockets, but that they prefer to suggest pockets to make the figures look nicer, because when you make real pockets on such a small scale, to quote Pierre "it just adds bulk, and it ends up looking crazy".
And I can't agree more. The ThreeA figures that have pockets have bulky baggy pants.

You have to understand that those guys are artists and that they make artistic decisions. Whether you like it or not and agree with them or not is your opinion and you are free to have it. But don't make sh** up making up false statement and trying to say all that comes out of your sentences are "facts" when they're just your opinion. End of debate.

I had to search for Pierre interviews to find informations about what you just claimed. And you are wrong.

Citing sources is important if you claim something is fact, especially if you're going to make someone like Pierre say something. Your "common knowledge" is BS, you just made up a false statement to justify your point of view and all of your demonstration just crashed down.
Here is what Pierre really said about pockets (listen at what he replies about pockets at 13:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvmRXM1yZM

See? That's how you debate. You cite the source. So what Pierre said is clearly not that they can't make pockets, but that they prefer to suggest pockets to make the figures look nicer, because when you make real pockets on such a small scale, to quote Pierre "it just adds bulk, and it ends up looking crazy".
I am not wrong, you just proved me right, that's the interview I was refering to, they can't do pockets because it "adds layers and bulk", they can't do it without adding bulk like 3A does, so they can't.

Now go ahead and google Mezco prototypes so you see I'm also right about Mezco digitally sculpting their stuff.

And I can't agree more. The ThreeA figures that have pockets have bulky baggy pants.
Yet, they are still more snug fitting and better tailored than say Punisher's pants, that don't have any pockets.

So again, they are not baggy because of the pockets, they are baggy because they're military fatigues, the same way Punisher's pants are baggy, even with pockets 3A fatigues are much better fitting and less baggy than Punisher's pants, your judgment is off in this topic as well.

You have to understand that those guys are artists and that they make artistic decisions. Whether you like it or not and agree with them or not is your opinion and you are free to have it. But don't make sh** up making up false statement and trying to say all that comes out of your sentences are "facts" when they're just your opinion. End of debate.
Do they have to be such distasteful renditions? It's so obvious they don't get these characters.

They are facts and you have proved one of them.

Back