Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, the suit and figure look nice. It is a far cry of what they've achieved with their Star Trek figures. It just looks like he's missing some key paint applications on his face and hands. Their Affleck has the same thing going on where it looks like he's missing a tone or shade or two, but he get a pass because of the cowl.

I dunno.

Lol right exactly what "doll like puffiness"? It's figure and cloth - all sculpt , not seeing the
Puffiness

P.S I
Quoted the wrong quote ignore that part sorry Difabio lol

It's ok if it looks puffy it's not that bad, it still looks cool.

But it is puffy and Supes is twice as puffy.

Their fabric choice is too thick for the BvS figures, but who knows, maybe it's the best they could do since they needed the pattern and everything, their classic Punisher looks fine, that one doesn't look puffy, nor does their Space Ghost.

It's odd. I see the puffy-ness in that and other pics but, as many have said, in-hand it's just not the case. I wasn't going to buy it as I hate the film and the pics didn't look great but I took a chance and it's one of the best figures I've ever owned. You can see his damn abs! That's how puffy and thick the suit isn't.

I've held it in my hands, you can see the abs because they are hard plastic sculpted abs :lol

Look, you can also see the abs in this totally unpuffy Superman.

NYCC2015-Mezco-One-12-Collective-007.jpg

Joker does look really good. I'll wait for more pics before my decision plus at the moment waiting on flash and reverse flash to hit in stock.

I've held it in my hands, you can see the abs because they are hard plastic sculpted abs :lol

Look, you can also see the abs in this totally unpuffy Superman.

NYCC2015-Mezco-One-12-Collective-007.jpg

They've improved Superman considerably since then. You've held BvS Batman in your hands? So you know it's not your cup of tea. Fair enough. I can not understand the puffy criticism having seen it in person.

On an unrelated note; there should be a thread for people who dislike this line based on "mezco flair" or "doll like attributes". I have never seen so many pointless (it's a doll cos it got clothes) or repetitive (make the comic version i want) criticisms of a line of toys before.

They've improved Superman considerably since then. You've held BvS Batman in your hands? So you know it's not your cup of tea. Fair enough. I can not understand the puffy criticism having seen it in person.

On an unrelated note; there should be a thread for people who dislike this line based on "mezco flair" or "doll like attributes". I have never seen so many pointless (it's a doll cos it got clothes) or repetitive (make the comic version i want) criticisms of a line of toys before.

I believe all of us here do own a 1/6th figure at some point of our collection journey. So the impression of having clothes equates to being a "doll" does not apply. As someone mentioned the thickness of the clothes should be tailored to scale.

I do not own a Mezco and so I am purely giving an opinion based on photos and Youtube videos. Don't get me wrong, Mezco's Batfleck looks amazing and can be easily considered to be the best in the market right now. I'm pinning my hopes on Mezco's Darkseid too.

I just went back and re-read the first page of this thread. Amazing to see the difference in enthusiasm between true to comic and interpreted figures.

I'm in the true to comic camp and making some concessions for figures that appear pretty close or I don't have represented already. Daredevil. Spider-Man. Punisher. Iron man. And I do like the joker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm...no thanks. You want a thread that only praises the Mez product? Set up a private Facebook fan page and eject everyone that says anything critical about this beloved line.

This is a forum site! There's room for critical and congratulatory commentary. :ohbfrank:

These are from the Fwoosh forums.
8cc3ce026ce9ae0422298f3563fc0771.jpg
c2527c1c51980fbdae6f38adb872d9f4.jpg
67d44727210a84994ea55abb16be20d9.jpg
39bb8cd417bc60e5e9fc6d0fff1a6462.jpg
c2c690d218a2cbb5e721ed638c2b3985.jpg

Looks a ton better here!

Joker came out great.

Pretty close to the prototype pics, I'd say. This is one from someone who picked him up Wednesday

mkIfpem.jpg

The head looks fantastic, but I hate the suit being all dark purple. It doesn't look visually pleasing. Would've at least liked to see the vest be a different, brighter color.

Still, that's possibly the best head sculpt I've seen in this scale.

The head looks fantastic, but I hate the suit being all dark purple. It doesn't look visually pleasing. Would've at least liked to see the vest be a different, brighter color.

Still, that's possibly the best head sculpt I've seen in this scale.
They said they'll be doing a couple other Joker varaints. Hopefully pinstripes pants and tail coat with his trench and hat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, it's settled, even with better lighting Superman looks terrible.

They've improved Superman considerably since then.
:rotfl no they haven't, it looks even worse now.

You've held BvS Batman in your hands? So you know it's not your cup of tea. Fair enough. I can not understand the puffy criticism having seen it in person.
I believe you do understand it and you can see it clearly, but you're denying it for whatever reason, it isn't even that bad.

What's not my cup of tea? Mixed media 6" toys? I bought 3 TDKR Batmen when they came out, I have various 3A Portable figures which I love, none of them look puffy, I even made a couple mixed media customs.

Or Batman? Because I like BvS Batman, but it does look puffy, there's no denying it, and I was about to buy it along with Superman had they fixed the latter, regardless of the slight puffyness. So what's not my cup of tea?

:lol I respected you before this.

You're looking for facebook or twitter if you want a nice hugbox or an echo chamber of mindless praise, which IS pointless.

The criticism in this thread isn't pointless, it's necessary if we ever want Mezco to make good figures, this thread is a free manual for them to hit it out of the park if they ever decide they want our money, and I'm glad people have taste and are more discerning here.

Last edited:
Well, it's settled, even with better lighting Superman looks terrible.

:rotfl no they haven't, it looks even worse now.

I believe you do understand it and you can see it clearly, but you're denying it for whatever reason, it isn't even that bad.

What's not my cup of tea? Mixed media 6" toys? I bought 3 TDKR Batmen when they came out, I have various 3A Portable figures which I love, none of them look puffy, I even made a couple mixed media customs.

Or Batman? Because I like BvS Batman, but it does look puffy, there's no denying it, and I was about to buy it along with Superman had they fixed the latter, regardless of the slight puffyness. So what's not my cup of tea?

:lol I respected you before this.

You're looking for facebook or twitter if you want a nice hugbox or an echo chamber of mindless praise, which IS pointless.

The criticism in this thread isn't pointless, it's necessary if we ever want Mezco to make good figures, this thread is a free manual for them to hit it out of the park if they ever decide they want our money, and I'm glad people have taste and are more discerning here.

Was gonna get Superman but now IDK... Looks like Mezco won't be getting any of my money this year except for Spidey... FN bastards for Canceling Knightmare Batman it could of been such an easy retool.

If they don't make Classic Punisher Mezco exclusive I'll get that one.

I'll also definitely get Shazam, they fixed the eyebrows which makes it a lot better :lol

GZW5g7G.jpg

Back