Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cBpEGuJ.jpg

Just got mine in, I like it considering what I already knew about it. The cape collar is a bit annoying, but can futz it to work. I had to really force one leg to move forward, but otherwise the body is pretty good.

Agreed I share those sentiments. I figure is great. You can really get some good poses out of it. You have to take your time with that body. You can actually feel the joints and pressure as you’re posing but his legs do lift up just carefully pose not quick posing with this one. Great pic.

I've seen comparisons to the NECA and SHF figures, but I really wanna see a side by side with the Hot Toys. I bet it looks like his Mini-Me.

Did anyone else have a whack a** experience with Mezco's CS?
I only own a handful of their one:12 line so I can't speak on it the way others can having had a longer relationship with them. I will say their customer service and communication regarding the '89 figure was atrocious for me. I got on the waitlist 3 years ago but wasn't told when a spot had opened up for me. So 3 years go by and I get an invoice to my surprise. My card info had changed since then, so I went in to update my account but it kept telling me over & over that my info wasn't computing right. So I said F it and gave up - then my bank account was charged 3 days later. M'kay. 3 weeks go by and I have no shipping notice so I email them and they respond telling me my card didn't go through. I sent them a very frustrated email, with receipts, that my card WAS charged. Hours later I get a shipping notice. I haven't received an email from them since. 😬

I only own a handful of their one:12 line so I can't speak on it the way others can having had a longer relationship with them. I will say their customer service and communication regarding the '89 figure was atrocious for me. I got on the waitlist 3 years ago but wasn't told when a spot had opened up for me. So 3 years go by and I get an invoice to my surprise. My card info had changed since then, so I went in to update my account but it kept telling me over & over that my info wasn't computing right. So I said F it and gave up - then my bank account was charged 3 days later. M'kay. 3 weeks go by and I have no shipping notice so I email them and they respond telling me my card didn't go through. I sent them a very frustrated email, with receipts, that my card WAS charged. Hours later I get a shipping notice. I haven't received an email from them since. 😬
They shipped my preorder PayPal purchase for 89 to the address I was at at that time. I've moved to completely other state now. When I emailed them, I got the "FedEx Manager" response over and over. FedEx won't allow you to change the shipping address unless you are the shipper. The best you can do is have it held. They did nothing from what I can see. So I just started spamming their email with the same message over and over. I finally got a message asking for my current address even though I've told them my Mezco info is up to date. Place crap. Canceled everything and I'll just deal with BBTS or some other from here on out.
It is supposed to be delivered today. I contacted my old landlord and she was going to have the new renters get it and give it to her. We'll see if they can, without signing my name.

It sounds like they're just overwhelmed. I've only had a handful of CS experiences with them, and while they did take awhile, I eventually got things sorted out each time.

89 Bats didn’t turn out as bad as I expected. Actually quite nice. Decent figure overall but an atrocious cape. No way will it drape naturally. It would have helped if they had wired each seam instead of just a few I’d imagine.

And the connector ring used to attach the cape to the neck looks like it should have been sewn to the underneath side and not on top. Mine simply would not fit so I cut it off. I’ll sew it back on to the underside eventually but for now it works just fine without it. Wind swept cape poses only until I find a suitable replacement.

I’ll be cleaning the powder off with 303 Protectant this evening and I’ll grab a few more shots then.

AA067C88-7433-47AF-9252-4E42311D66A3.jpeg

Just sharing info I found from a 303 Protectant Batman video I stumbled upon the internet last night. It doesn't seem like it's a good and safe idea to use it on silicone/tpe material like Batman. I wonder if somebody here can also confirm? The person claims to work in the automotive industry and seems like he knows his stuff.

SloWdaD ox:

PSA .This chemical will accelerate the degrading and degasing of the rubber. This is a glorified version of “armor all” . I work in the automotive industry and using silicone based dressings are an absolute no go. Once this stuff starts to dry it will become sticky and will stay oily . The powder on the body is water resistant. Apply this only forces it to stay wet and seem like it has disappeared. . I’m guessing it’ll even “sweat” in your display case. Best way to clean plastic or rubber is a damp NEW micro fiber towel and maybe very very little soapy water (dishsoap) that’s it. Make sure it’s warm water so it lifts the power better (not hot) make sure the towel is brand new never been used especially ones that haven’t been used in the kitchen . Dish soap and water to make it very diluted. Make sure u clean the creases and abs first so u don’t push the powder into those places. Then the rest of the body . Careful with the gauntlets . The cloth can get caught.

Just sharing info I found from a 303 Protectant Batman video I stumbled upon the internet last night. It doesn't seem like it's a good and safe idea to use it on silicone/tpe material like Batman. I wonder if somebody here can also confirm? The person claims to work in the automotive industry and seems like he knows his stuff.

SloWdaD ox:

PSA .This chemical will accelerate the degrading and degasing of the rubber. This is a glorified version of “armor all” . I work in the automotive industry and using silicone based dressings are an absolute no go. Once this stuff starts to dry it will become sticky and will stay oily . The powder on the body is water resistant. Apply this only forces it to stay wet and seem like it has disappeared. . I’m guessing it’ll even “sweat” in your display case. Best way to clean plastic or rubber is a damp NEW micro fiber towel and maybe very very little soapy water (dishsoap) that’s it. Make sure it’s warm water so it lifts the power better (not hot) make sure the towel is brand new never been used especially ones that haven’t been used in the kitchen . Dish soap and water to make it very diluted. Make sure u clean the creases and abs first so u don’t push the powder into those places. Then the rest of the body . Careful with the gauntlets . The cloth can get caught.
I don't think any chemical product is safe for silicone. From what I understand of silicone is that you only need to clean it with water and some mild soap and then treat it with talc or baby powder to keep it sealed, otherwise it remains tacky. Anything beyond that is detrimental to the material and you don't want foreign oils residue left on the surface because those will deteriorate the silicone over time.
The logic used for leather and pleather that 1:6 collectors have adopted over the years simply doesn't apply to silicone and I think some are making a huge regrettable mistake by jumping to those solutions. I read on Facebook that someone used Vaseline and another used WD-40 to clean the powder off their Batman figures. Those are probably some of the worst things you could do for the longterm health of the material. I don't understand the impatience to strip the powder off and get the figure all polished up. I didn't even wipe the powder off my Batman and it looks relatively fine as it is.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that everyone keeps referring to the body material as silicone, yet Mezco themselves refer to it as rubber. They aren't the same thing. At all. That said, I'd be incredibly leery of using 303 protectant on it.

I’ve used it on HT 89 Bats originally 4 years ago and it’s fine….
Maybe it's okay for rubber and not silicone then? It is amazing how many people seem to have jumped to the conclusion that the material is silicone despite that word never being used. Has Hot Toys ever said what - exactly - theirs is made of?

89 Bats didn’t turn out as bad as I expected. Actually quite nice. Decent figure overall but an atrocious cape. No way will it drape naturally. It would have helped if they had wired each seam instead of just a few I’d imagine.

And the connector ring used to attach the cape to the neck looks like it should have been sewn to the underneath side and not on top. Mine simply would not fit so I cut it off. I’ll sew it back on to the underside eventually but for now it works just fine without it. Wind swept cape poses only until I find a suitable replacement.

I’ll be cleaning the powder off with 303 Protectant this evening and I’ll grab a few more shots then.

View attachment 632225

His head is huge

Yeah, it’s odd. I thought it looked oversized in pics too but in hand, with the cape on, it looks just fine. It’s actually a really nice figure.

By far the best looking 1:12 movie Bats out there. The missteps were the useless PERS sculpt and terrible cape/cape connector.

I actually love the moving eyes head, doing a side eyes gives more personality to the pose. In hand the eyes are tiny so they don't look googly. I was a bit concerned in close-up pics that they'd look too big but posed and in my detolf they look great.

Back