Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The game inside the LE is the same as the retail release...I will just get the regular edition from WM and return the copy that comes with the LE when I finally receive it. Its a cold rainy day and I want me MGS fix...specifically MGS3!

You might not be able to do it. Just as a heads-up: with previous MGS boxed releases (MGS 4 LE, MGS Essential Collection, etc), only the outer boxes were shrink-wrapped, and not the games inside. The labeling on the artwork tend to be somewhat different also, with the back of the individual slipcovers displaying a printed "Not for resale" notice.

Yeah, MGS 3 was pretty epic. But, guys, don't you remember playing MGS 1?? The atmosphere, the haunting music, Solid Snake kicking the ass of terrorists for an entire 8 hours without being old and complaining about his aching back? That game set the standard for the rest of the series.

The exclusion of MGS 1 is perhaps the only thing that's really holding back the HD release from being a truly great collection.

Yeah, MGS 3 was pretty epic. But, guys, don't you remember playing MGS 1?? The atmosphere, the haunting music, Solid Snake kicking the ass of terrorists for an entire 8 hours without being old and complaining about his aching back? That game set the standard for the rest of the series.

The exclusion of MGS 1 is perhaps the only thing that's really holding back the HD release from being a truly great collection.

MGS1 and 2 are the best imo

i felt the game-play wasn't as good with 3 and Big Boss just felt like a Snake imposter. Don't get me wrong though i love the ____ outta 3

You might not be able to do it. Just as a heads-up: with previous MGS boxed releases (MGS 4 LE, MGS Essential Collection, etc), only the outer boxes were shrink-wrapped, and not the games inside. The labeling on the artwork tend to be somewhat different also, with the back of the individual slipcovers displaying a printed "Not for resale" notice.

I watched the unboxing vid thats up on youtube and it is a shrinkwrapped regular edition copy.

:lecture I wish they'd man up and just remake MGS1. Hell, do all 3!!!! Can you imagine them being redone with MGS4 graphics??

Konami actually said they didn't bother putting in MGS1 cause its too old to make HD, but they did say hey would get round to remaking it at some point in the future. Like a proper remake

Does anyone know where to find a review what the inside of the art book looks like?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjCONyVx2o[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WjLsiIXw_M[/ame]

Its some art from Peace Walker MGS2 & 3, i think its about 230 pages. It looks pretty good but im looking forward to the Japanese one, seeing as its over 400 pages

Konami actually said they didn't bother putting in MGS1 cause its too old to make HD, but they did say hey would get round to remaking it at some point in the future. Like a proper remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjCONyVx2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WjLsiIXw_M

Its some art from Peace Walker MGS2 & 3, i think its about 230 pages. It looks pretty good but im looking forward to the Japanese one, seeing as its over 400 pages

So are you guys actually ordering the special Japanese one? The only audio is Japanese or i would probably order. I know the artbook is worth it alone.

Yeah, that would have made it the ultimate collection, for sure. But I can understand that a worthy HD upgrade would be more difficult for a game that was made for the PS1 than the PS2. Personally though, I would have been happy with an HD version of Twin Snakes as a 2nd best option (and presumably, the upgrade would be no more difficult than the PS2 conversions), though I know some would rather piss on that game than play it :D

Yeah, that would have made it the ultimate collection, for sure. But I can understand that a worthy HD upgrade would be more difficult for a game that was made for the PS1 than the PS2. Personally though, I would have been happy with an HD version of Twin Snakes as a 2nd best option (and presumably, the upgrade would be no more difficult than the PS2 conversions), though I know some would rather piss on that game than play it :D

i liked twin snakes. the gameplay was basically the same, what i didnt like so much were some of the cutscenes and that the original dialogue was redone when ther was no need to. so i'd take a remake of the twin snakes if they dont do a full remake of mgs1.

Well I picked this up last night, and played through some of MGS2 and Peace Walker. MGS2 was exactly what it was billed to be--the same game as before with pretty much the same character models, animation, music, voices, etc., but upgraded to look good on an HDTV. I guess that's no surprise to people, but I was kind of hoping the characters would have a bit more fluidity/realism to their movement, etc. When Snake lands on the ship in the opening scene, for instance, his wrists still look funky as hell. Kind of underwhelming after playing for an hour or so. MGS 4 probably spoiled me a bit. Same goes for Peace Walker. First time I played that one, but the controls felt a little less sensitive than they did on other MGS games and the animation, again, nothing to write home about. Graphics looked good of course, but the angular, pixelated trees, etc. were still there from the original I guess. In terms of story, Snake's motivations and relationship to blonde guy with the ascot or whatever are a bit puzzling to me. Maybe it will make more sense as the game progresses, but thus far it doesn't feel very well thought out on the order of the stories of the other games.

Saving the best (MGS3) for last. Will probably start on that once I finish up Arkham City.

Well I picked this up last night, and played through some of MGS2 and Peace Walker. MGS2 was exactly what it was billed to be--the same game as before with pretty much the same character models, animation, music, voices, etc., but upgraded to look good on an HDTV. I guess that's no surprise to people, but I was kind of hoping the characters would have a bit more fluidity/realism to their movement, etc. When Snake lands on the ship in the opening scene, for instance, his wrists still look funky as hell. Kind of underwhelming after playing for an hour or so. MGS 4 probably spoiled me a bit. Same goes for Peace Walker. First time I played that one, but the controls felt a little less sensitive than they did on other MGS games and the animation, again, nothing to write home about. Graphics looked good of course, but the angular, pixelated trees, etc. were still there from the original I guess. In terms of story, Snake's motivations and relationship to blonde guy with the ascot or whatever are a bit puzzling to me. Maybe it will make more sense as the game progresses, but thus far it doesn't feel very well thought out on the order of the stories of the other games.

Saving the best (MGS3) for last. Will probably start on that once I finish up Arkham City.

After getting the run around from gamestop yesterday, i finally picked up a limited edition. The package has a couple of dings in it which kinda made me a little upset. Did anyone else pick up the limited? Is the hd collection worth it just for peace walker and the other games in hd? I have mgs2 substance and mgs3 subsistence on ps2 and my ps3 is backwacks compatible. Just trying to figure out if the hd limited is worth keeping for the art book and peace walker.

After getting the run around from gamestop yesterday, i finally picked up a limited edition. The package has a couple of dings in it which kinda made me a little upset. Did anyone else pick up the limited? Is the hd collection worth it just for peace walker and the other games in hd? I have mgs2 substance and mgs3 subsistence on ps2 and my ps3 is backwacks compatible. Just trying to figure out if the hd limited is worth keeping for the art book and peace walker.

I have the LE and am not sure if I want to keep it, as it's selling for twice its MSRP on eBay. Like you I already own MGS 2 and 3 (3 copies of MGS3 actually... vanilla, Subsistence, and Subsistence LE).

I'm such a big MGS fan though that I'm still thinking about keeping it, and I think that how much you like the series is what should determine whether or not to keep it. If you're not thrilled with the artbook, flip your LE on eBay and just get a normal edition after it goes on sale.

I actually liked Twin Snakes, to tell you the truth! :lol. The bullet-time effects were a little cheesy, but back then (at the time when it was released), everyone was attempting to do something Matrix-ish.

I actually liked Twin Snakes, to tell you the truth! :lol. The bullet-time effects were a little cheesy, but back then (at the time when it was released), everyone was attempting to do something Matrix-ish.

:lecture I know right? Just revert to the original music and voice over and we're good.

I've had a chance to play this a bit more, and I'm getting back into the groove of what it was like originally to play MGS2 and enjoying it. Just ran across Vamp and Plisskin :panic:

i played a bit yesterday and started with sons, im still in the tanker section but i had completely forgotten how annoying the battle with the mg rays was at first.:lol

Back