Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have always looked at it like the whole Big Boss was the "perfect soldier" was completely not valid. He was a terrible soldier, He put himself in a position of power after getting a title that was handed to him by The Boss and ran with it not taking orders from anyone... That's not a soldier, that's an ego issue. Soldiers by definition do as they are told. So by taking all the recessive genes of Big Boss we get Solid Snake, who is a "perfect soldier" He takes orders, carries out the misson, and does what he needs to do despite his personal feelings. So if anything Big Boss is the worst soldier to ever live..hence his "recessive genes" created the "perfect soldier". SOLID F'N SNAKE!

and yes I'm drunk and just ranting at this point. forgive me.:cuckoo:

:goodpost:

That is a perfectly legit rant! It makes sense that Solid Snake's recessive genes allowed him to take orders more easily than Big Boss. And Liquid (who inherited Big Boss's superior genes) was basically a deranged egomaniac.

Good post, man. I've been educated.

:goodpost:

That is a perfectly legit rant! It makes sense that Solid Snake's recessive genes allowed him to take orders more easily than Big Boss. And Liquid (who inherited Big Boss's superior genes) was basically a deranged egomaniac.

Good post, man. I've been educated.

Are you drunk too? :lol

Just because one or the other has recessive or dominant genes doesn't necessarily mean their personalities would reflect it, otherwise every blonde-haired, blue-eyed person on the planet would be stereotypically submissive. It's sociology, right down to how they were raised. Liquid went through some **** growing up in the Middle East/UK, Solid went through his own **** in the States.

Big Boss was more of a spy/soldier. After the death of The Boss at his hands thanks to the will of the government as well as the same government marking him as wanted even prior to Peace Walker, Big Boss rose to power and became the leader of his own military where he treated his soldiers well.

Are you drunk too? :lol

Just because one or the other has recessive or dominant genes doesn't necessarily mean their personalities would reflect it, otherwise every blonde-haired, blue-eyed person on the planet would be stereotypically submissive. It's sociology, right down to how they were raised. Liquid went through some **** growing up in the Middle East/UK, Solid went through his own **** in the States.

Big Boss was more of a spy/soldier. After the death of The Boss at his hands thanks to the will of the government as well as the same government marking him as wanted even prior to Peace Walker, Big Boss rose to power and became the leader of his own military where he treated his soldiers well.

No, I'm perfectly sober, at the moment.

How exactly was Big Boss more of a "spy/soldier"? He went against The Boss's will by choosing his own path instead of the mission. Compared to him, The Boss was willing to risk her life for her country - knowing full well of the conspiracy that would eventually lead to her death. She chose the mission, instead of her personal feelings - just like what a solider is supposed to do. Naked Snake/Big Boss did the opposite. I suggest you replay MGS 3 and hear about the speeches that discuss the philosophy in that game.

As for Solid and Liquid, you can't actually compare them to real world examples. Their DNA represented the extremes of cloning, where one clone (Solid Snake) possessed all of the recessive genes, while the other (Liquid) possessed all of the superior genes. There's not a single person on earth with genetic make-up like that - unless they're artificially engineered to be that way.

Both Liquid and Solid Snake faced hard lives, and even though they were the clones of the same man, they turned out to have completely different personalities. So, I highly doubt that it boils down to sociology. One of the main themes of Metal Gear Solid was always about surpassing the limitations of one's DNA. I'd argue that Liquid's overconfidence and psychopathic nature ultimately lead to his downfall, from his genetically inferior and cooler-headed brother.

Last edited:
No, I'm perfectly sober, at the moment.

How exactly was Big Boss more of a "spy/soldier"? He went against The Boss's will by choosing his own path instead of the mission. Compared to him, The Boss was willing to risk her life for her country - knowing full well of the conspiracy that would eventually lead to her death. She chose the mission, instead of her personal feelings - just like what a solider is supposed to do. Naked Snake/Big Boss did the opposite. I suggest you replay MGS 3 and hear about the speeches that discuss the philosophy in that game.

As for Solid and Liquid, you can't actually compare them to real world examples. Their DNA represented the extremes of cloning, where one clone (Solid Snake) possessed all of the recessive genes, while the other (Liquid) possessed all of the superior genes. There's not a single person on earth with genetic make-up like that - unless they're artificially engineered to be that way.

Both Liquid and Solid Snake faced hard lives, and even though they were the clones of the same man, they turned out to have completely different personalities. So, I highly doubt that it boils down to sociology. One of the main themes of Metal Gear Solid was always about surpassing the limitations of one's DNA. I'd argue that Liquid's overconfidence and psychopathic nature ultimately lead to his downfall, from his genetically inferior and cooler-headed brother.

Soldier's don't typically infiltrate in one man sneaking missions, hence the title "Spy." Though "Spy" in the literal sense would apply to EVA and Ocelot as they were the true spies. I meant more "Spy-like" in a sense that Naked Snake was working for a separate division (FOX) for specialized missions. James Bond homages are nice too.

Just beat MGS3 and as far as I know, he did complete the mission which was to kill The Boss. He didn't know otherwise until afterwards on EVA's tape. He didn't choose his own path really until Peace Walker, then it basically became a war between him and Zero from then on.

But I did compare genetics to real world examples, because that's all I have in this world to compare to. However, you just put it into a better perspective. MGS is meta-reality after all :lol

Also, consider that the end result of Les Enfants Terribles, were two clones who were physically identical to each other. So, it's obvious from that, that The Patriots didn't engineer the so-called dominant genes into Liquid and inferior genes into Solid Snake, for the sake of physical eugenics - when the twin Snakes were capable of standing toe-to-toe against each other in their adult years. The goal of the entire project was to create copies of Big Boss that they could control. With that said, it's plausible that the "soldier genes" that were mentioned in MGS 4, were responsible for bringing out the specific mental characteristics for war-like tenancies in an individual.

Taking that into consideration, Liquid was practically out-his-mind and consumed with seeing the world burn. Solid Snake's personality, on the other hand, was extremely mellow. He was busy drinking the days away and taking care of his dogs in Alaska - and had to be coerced to even put a gun in his hand.

Soldier's don't typically infiltrate in one man sneaking missions, hence the title "Spy." Though "Spy" in the literal sense would apply to EVA and Ocelot as they were the true spies. I meant more "Spy-like" in a sense that Naked Snake was working for a separate division (FOX) for specialized missions. James Bond homages are nice too.

Just beat MGS3 and as far as I know, he did complete the mission which was to kill The Boss. He didn't know otherwise until afterwards on EVA's tape. He didn't choose his own path really until Peace Walker, then it basically became a war between him and Zero from then on.

But I did compare genetics to real world examples, because that's all I have in this world to compare to. However, you just put it into a better perspective. MGS is meta-reality after all :lol

Dude, we're talking about a series with signing AI robots, and god-like nano-machines that do everything from curing cancer to enabling a guy to run on water. **** isn't supposed to make sense :lol. MGS is like its own separate reality.

What genes did Solidus get?

Solidus was a perfect clone of Big Boss, which meant that he had all of Big Boss's dominant and inferior genes. That's unlike Liquid and Solid Snake, who each shared only a half of Big Boss's genetic make-up.

It also leads to the question, as to why The Patriots would even create a perfect clone of Big Boss, that would most likely betray them (just like his "father" did) :lol

The dude is awesome. He became President when he was in his 20s :lol. I just turned 27 this year, and it has made me realize that I have not been living up to my name-sake.

Yeah. But, wait a sec, wasn't Raiden in his mid to late 20s during MGS 2? Solidus couldn't have been more than several years older than him (in his early 30s). So, how the heck did Solidus train Raiden as a child soldier when he was practically a child, himself? :rotfl

UmpOi.gif

Yeah. But, wait a sec, wasn't Raiden in his mid to late 20s during MGS 2? Solidus couldn't have been more than several years older than him (in his early 30s). So, how the heck did Solidus train Raiden as a child soldier when he was practically a child, himself? :rotfl

UmpOi.gif

Solidus was an oldboy! So that would mean Solidus was President in 1999 at the age of 27, aged 37 in MGS2 at 2009. How old is Raiden again?

Ok, so Raiden was first armed with an AK-47 at the age of 6, was a part of the Liberian Civil War in 1989, and was made Captain of the "small boy unit" at 10. 1982-1983 is Raiden's approximate birth date, meaning Solidus was in his late teens/early twenties when he first came across Raiden :lol

Yeah, Raiden seemed to of "first pick up an ak" in 1989 at the age of 6. Solidus was born 11 years earlier, so Solidus would of been 17 and Raiden 6 by 1989. It is fesable in an older-brother kinda way to have him raise a kid that age.

Actually, the things you guys posted go to support why I think Big Boss is better.

Army SF who goes into a solo infiltration unit.

Sent to assassinate former mentor.

Participates in several low-intensity conflicts.

Goes all Col. Kurtz and aims to set up his own military nation. Goes rogue. (Yeah I know Snake goes rogue, sets up philanthropy...I find what Big Boss does to be more interesting.)

To me that's more badass that being a soldier following orders. There are plenty of those out there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Solid. I've been playing the series since the demo first came out, so I'm hardly some bandwagoner. Just like Big Boss better.

i dont even really understand the stories before the age of 20 :p

still hoping konami would remake the original SNES metal gear

I played mgs 1 - 4 as they came out, but not any of the other titles. I try not to think about the story after the first one to be honest, or I cant take it seriously. I mean, Ocelot became posessed by Liquid when he grafted on his severed hand, right?

I played mgs 1 - 4 as they came out, but not any of the other titles. I try not to think about the story after the first one to be honest, or I cant take it seriously. I mean, Ocelot became posessed by Liquid when he grafted on his severed hand, right?

Thats ****ty story telling at its finest.

Back