Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look closely they did kinda chang some minor things on the suit. You dont really know if there will be different paint/weathering. What if they changed the scale? I agree though, give us mgs 2 snake already!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you look closely they did kinda chang some minor things on the suit. You dont really know if there will be different paint/weathering. What if they changed the scale? I agree though, give us mgs 2 snake already!!!

I really hate how none of the PAK figures are in scale. My Big Boss figures look tiny next to Solidus.

Hopefully, this one will be comparable in size to the recent releases from Play Arts.

Asmuch as people long for Solid Snake, i really think Big Boss looks much better on screen and in figures. The scruffy beard, the eyepatch and more shaggy hair. Love the look of the new figure. And i prefer Big Bosses outfits. But i likely wont buy anything else Big Boss unless it is another HT figure.

Asmuch as people long for Solid Snake, i really think Big Boss looks much better on screen and in figures. The scruffy beard, the eyepatch and more shaggy hair. Love the look of the new figure. And i prefer Big Bosses outfits. But i likely wont buy anything else Big Boss unless it is another HT figure.

I think it's only because Big Boss had more recent exposure in video games than Solid Snake, and KojiPro spent a lot of time developing the iterations of his CGI model. Let's face it, the only "detailed" view of Solid Snake that we have is character model from MGS 2 (and that's from 11 years ago). I don't even want to talk about Old Snake :slap.

I'm a sucker for anything MGS, so I'll most likely pick this up :monkey1

I think it's only because Big Boss had more recent exposure in video games than Solid Snake, and KojiPro spent a lot of time developing the iterations of his CGI model. Let's face it, the only "detailed" view of Solid Snake that we have is character model from MGS 2 (and that's from 11 years ago). I don't even want to talk about Old Snake :slap.
Thats not really how i work. My main passion is Resident Evil, and the only things i really want to own from that line and make are from the Ps1 Era and the first few games. So im not blinded by updated gen graphics, revamped looks and all that. I just happen to think that the designs in General (all though they are not the same character) are much better on Big Boss. My biggest Sentimental MGS game of all is MGS1 but give me Ground Zeroes Snake any day for the awesome sneaking suit, shaggy hair and beard!

I pray for your gaming future.
You dont need to. I play the new ones then go back to the old ones. All though i have put in nearly 100hrs in to Revelations in the last month as it is pretty addictive trying to unlock Hunk and Semi naked Pirate Jill.

I agree 100%. The Cold War setting also goes a long way for me. Also, Big Boss was in actual declared wars along with his low-intensity conflicts. Solid was in Desert Storm....no disrespect but that hardly compares to the Korean and Vietnam war.

It would've been nice if they did a special exclusive, for example, make the figure as Punished Snake and include this head without shrapnel as an alternate to go with your previously purchased PW Sneaking Big Boss.

Would never happen though LOL.

No. The idea of exclusive heads is the worst idea ever so no exclusives ideas please. Just put the head with the figure since they are already quite expensive ¬¬

And if they are smart, they will release the Unicorn Big Boss figure as the Desert Fatigues (?) version with the mechanical hand and his ponytail. MGS PAK is to Big Boss as Iron Man is to Hot Toys.

I'm glad I didn't bought the PW Sneaking Suit <3
Good thing is that maybe this Big Boss is going accord to the current scale :)

I wonder if Play Arts will release any country exclusive variants like they did with Rising when MGSV comes out? It would be interesting, Id probably snap something up to sample it. And of course, if anybody needed hooked up i could sort them out if anything here happens to be an exclusive.

I wonder if Play Arts will release any country exclusive variants like they did with Rising when MGSV comes out? It would be interesting, Id probably snap something up to sample it. And of course, if anybody needed hooked up i could sort them out if anything here happens to be an exclusive.

I think after what was done with Raiden, the will probably milk this one too.

When the **** are they going to release blue raiden already, damn. I want to get him out of the way. Plus he looks so sick. Red raiden at the end of the month!

LOL bro they don't read the forums and take what we say into account, if they would we would have HT MGS2 Snake by now.

1003979_10151664887900141_1401407976_n.jpg

solid snake mgs2 from ancient PS2 ? pffftt, screw that, lets make another big boss from PS4

No surprise there. It does look nice though. But I'd rather have Naked Snake from MGS3.

I expect when they do make MGS2 Snake, he'll look similar to the new render from the Legacy Collection.

I agree 100%. The Cold War setting also goes a long way for me. Also, Big Boss was in actual declared wars along with his low-intensity conflicts. Solid was in Desert Storm....no disrespect but that hardly compares to the Korean and Vietnam war.

Well...

Solid Snake also infiltrated Outer Heaven twice as a one man army and defeated Big Boss. Not to mention taking on the entire Shadow Moses base by himself, and destroying various Metal Gear prototypes around the world (when he joined Philantrophy). He also managed to do all of that while keeping his body in one piece :horror.

What I'm getting at, is that the main difference between them, is that where Big Boss had enormous resources and could radio-in for military support from his comrades, Solid Snake always acted alone. That's way more badass, in my opinion :lol.

All valid points, but remember, Solid, Liquid and Solidus were all created for war and have done almost nothing but at an early age. Big Boss didn't receive his awesome training until around 16 when he first met The Boss.

Not to mention he did all that while being composed of Big Boss's recessive genes. Solid Snake is just badass by heart.

Yup. Solid Snake literally received the junk in Big Boss's genetic make-up, but still managed to surpass Big Boss and defeat his more "superior" brother (Liquid). It's just so elegant the way that his storyline was scripted. And it's a shame how his journey ended the way it did in MGS 4 :monkey2.

Yup. Solid Snake literally received the junk in Big Boss's genetic make-up, but still managed to surpass Big Boss and defeat his more "superior" brother (Liquid). It's just so elegant the way that his storyline was scripted. And it's a shame how his journey ended the way it did in MGS 4 :monkey2.

Yeah, I have always looked at it like the whole Big Boss was the "perfect soldier" was completely not valid. He was a terrible soldier, He put himself in a position of power after getting a title that was handed to him by The Boss and ran with it not taking orders from anyone... That's not a soldier, that's an ego issue. Soldiers by definition do as they are told. So by taking all the recessive genes of Big Boss we get Solid Snake, who is a "perfect soldier" He takes orders, carries out the misson, and does what he needs to do despite his personal feelings. So if anything Big Boss is the worst soldier to ever live..hence his "recessive genes" created the "perfect soldier". SOLID F'N SNAKE!

and yes I'm drunk and just ranting at this point. forgive me.:cuckoo:

Back