Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since they are a smaller scale the detail on them aren't super real. For me it would lead to a bigger disappointment in representing the characters. I think the BigBoss head sculpt while on the realistic side did a great job of balancing the realism with the in-game model.

Hers an example of a Batman PF which i hate.
BatmanPF2.jpg

On the play arts they, for the most part, look just like Shinkawas artwork. FYI i really don't like Play Arts MGS1 Snakes face, although one of the initial sculpts was very much like the concept art.

P.S im an idiot, when you said PFs i heard busts :S but i stand by what i said lol

I'm pretty certain that Sideshow is creating a Batman bust that's based on Jim Lee's drawings. It actually looks very good. As for Metal Gear Solid, I wouldn't mind other sculptors working something. Just as long as they remain true to Shinkawa's artwork and keep their personal interpretations to a minimum.

all_star_batman_and_robin_the_boy_wonder.jpg

Im curious as to why Shinkawa never sculpted a Snake model, since he sculpts his mechanical designs all the time? A Jim Lee PF would be totally bombastic, i don't know why they'd bother with the ugly stuff they were doing before??

On Metal Gear News MGS4 is finally getting Trophies after 4 years!!! i actually thought it would never happen

https://andriasang.com/con1vt/metal_gear_announcement/

Check it elvis got featured on Kotaku :)

https://kotaku.com/5924683/custom-metal-gear-figures-are-the-very-definition-of-badass

Trophy support for MGS 4? Oh. Man. Pardon me, while I leave the forum momentarily to praise the Lord.

Again with the f'n orange colors when he doesn't have any in his game model! Are the painters in Japan color blind or something?

One of these days sideshow will get the license. Until then the only Metal Gear statue I want to pick up is Rex! Well when I allocate the funds of least!

Raiden and Solidus look incredable! but still don't get Meryl
Heres the McFarlne toys version
metal-gear-solid-meryl-silverburgh-mcfarlane-toys-1.jpg

And in the twin snakes
CI_62156_1336132428.GIF

So why is the Plays arts so different? its like they have mix MGS with MGS4 to make the figure

i like her... maybe it goes away from the original... but i think it fits nice to the play arts kai line and to the others...

I will admit in those pics Solidus does seem massive compared to everything else. I can see now why he might cost more.

i just realize the play arts kai figure from meryl also dont have the foxhound tattoo that meryl wear in mgs1:slap

Solidus is huge, I can see where the money is going now. That Raiden looks awesome even though I hate the idea of MGR.

I also just bought the red ninja on eBay for 135$ shipped and I had 16.97$ in ebay bucks. Get them while their still relatively low guys. I bought two regular ninjas months ago just to have one with the alternate head.

Last edited:
Back