Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ you got to post more before u can get to pose images

Ummmm...I see. Well not my forum, not my rules. Though I would have loved to post pics of my collection, even though it is not that big.

That Model kit Rex is a really great news after that letdown about Solidus, or to be more specific; his pricetag. Though I most likely buy him anyways. For save some quality issues, Play Arts toys are IMO the best MGS figures so far. The amouth of details and (usually) very nice paint applications are just way better than with any other MGS figures.

That "other" Rex model is just too expensive for my taste. There are going to be several costly TF-Masterpiece toys published in the nov-dec (oh..and also that new SNAKE-EYES:rock ). So I spend money for those. But hopefully this would be a lot cheaper. Being a model kit is actually just a bonus for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Solidus! (love the screen name btw)

Anyways, yeah this one will be significantly smaller compared to the 3A version and the price should be just as small, I would assume. This should turn out well for MGS fans like myself. :yess:

Although, I'm still rather interested in the getting my hands on that huge Rex (and Ray) from 3A but, $500? :monkey2

No problem! Solidus happens to be my favorite character in the series, hence my user name :lol.

Yeah, $500 is a lot to spend, but the ThreeA REX will definitely be worth it. Sideshow has it on Flex Pay, so that's always an option if you want to split up your payments monthly, instead of paying the entire sum at one time.

But, I'm sure that the Kotobukiya model is going to be a fantastic, and well detailed rendition of REX, despite its size. I'm definitely picking it up too. Since Koto now has the mech license for MGS, they're probably going to release more Metal Gears! It would make my day if they ever released a Marines version of Metal Gear RAY (that's the prototype model of RAY with the tail).

Is that the same one as kyekye posted up ages ago that he made?

Haha. Thanks for remembering that. That was exactly from 1 year ago. Mine was heavily modified garage kit. The Koto version says 20cm tall, so it's about the same size as mine which is 1/72 scale.It looks like it's very well proportioned plastic model kit, so I will have to get it and put it next to my garage kit and 3A version when it comes. :D

That Model kit Rex is a really great news.
Read ur post and i was like, WHAT! :panic: went back a page asap

Happy to see this & will be getting it for sure, though i've got the "Hardballer" from LP2 and the
paint app was very satisfying (it was abit dull). Anyway that was 2 years ago, hopefully they have
improved. (I POed 3a rex but my friend didnt so he'll go crazy when i show this news to him)

Now this is pressuring me even more, i was like totally gonna get Play Arts Solidus when the PO
came up, but now with Joker 2.0 and everything else.... Not getting him might be a wiser choice

Last edited:
Now we got another option on Rex.
I might get them both!

Now let's hope Koto will make a Marines version MG Ray.
But i am still hope 3A can produce the Marines Ray.

Now we got another option on Rex.
I might get them both!

Now let's hope Koto will make a Marines version MG Ray.
But i am still hope 3A can produce the Marines Ray.

I hope that 3A will release a Marines RAY as well, but I don't know if it's even possible. From what I've read on the 3A forum, the company hardly ever release multiple variants at the same time. Also, Shinkawa approved the MGS 4 version of RAY without the tail. Let's just hope that he encourages them to give RAY the tail as an added accessory, and some extra removable panels for the Marines version.

…actually ThreeA almost ALWAYS releases multiple variants at the same time. It's actually pretty unusual when they don't.

I hope that 3A will release a Marines RAY as well, but I don't know if it's even possible. From what I've read on the 3A forum, the company hardly ever release multiple variants at the same time. Also, Shinkawa approved the MGS 4 version of RAY without the tail. Let's just hope that he encourages them to give RAY the tail as an added accessory, and some extra removable panels for the Marines version.

Yeah, let's hope 3A can release a Marines Ray.
But if 3A doesn't do it, then the Kotobukiya is our another hope...

FYI Kotobukiya MGS REX model kit!
https://mecha-guy.blogspot.ca/2012/06/metal-gear-rex-kotobukiya-plastic-model.html?m=1
2rfd.jpg

Holy ____. his looks like the exact sculpt from 3A! Why couldn't they have released this years ago?
Wow amazing, my only complaint is its a model kit,. I hate them things, but ill defo get this at some point. I wonder if it comes painted and if so it better be grey! lol

You think Kotobukiya could do some of the human characters? While i like the PA GreyFox, Snake leaves me wanting more. Im still wanting figures that looks exactly like the PS1 in-game models

The one thing that I like about the Kotobukiya kit is that REX is able to stand without using the leg braces as "crutches" (unlike the 3A model). The clear plastic stand doesn't look too bad. Also, it would be great if the pieces come in a standard gray or white mold. That way, we'd be able to paint it however we want!

Last edited:
The one thing that I like about the Kotobukiya kit is that REX is able to stand without using the leg braces as "crutches" (unlike the 3A model).

It "stands" by using the clear piece of plastic that's attached to the platform that it comes with. It attaches to it's ass as a crutch, so technically it's still relying on something to hold it up.

It "stands" by using the clear piece of plastic that's attached to the platform that it comes with. It attaches to it's ass as a crutch, so technically it's still relying on something to hold it up.

I know. I mentioned it in my post.

Back