Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I beat Phantom Pain for the first time on Steam Deck because I was told the game was super long. I was shocked just how long it took me to beat the damn game (about 60 hours) and I cannot imagine people playing it on their home consoles back then as it's an extremely time consuming and laborious endeavor.

When they announced the Master Collection on PC I immediately pre-ordered it as I haven't played these games in a long time and wanted to have them on Steam Deck and to my horror, MGS2 and 3 didn't worked! Thankfully the community came up with some fixes that were easy to do and now all of them run nicely.

MGS1 is OKAY at best because they added an ugly bilinear filter that makes the image blurry and soft but my friends who are currently playing it don't seem to mind or notice so your tolerance may vary. IMO there are better ways to play MGS1 for sure but it's also the first time it's being released on Xbox and Nintendo.

MGS2 and 3 are the same as the HD Collection albeit with some fixes, eg the fonts have been fixed and the Codec calls loads faster than ever (something that always bugged me how slow the Codec was on my Xbox 360). Performance is a non-issue and better than ever with a rock solid 60fps at all times. I've tried the 2 MSX and NES games and they're fine while the bonus (new) music and books are great and can easily take hours of your time to read.

Overall I've seen a lot of vitriol about the collection and while I do agree it's unambitious, I think it's a decent way to play the series on modern consoles without having to dig up your old PS2/Xbox. To me playing MGS on the go in full 60fps is worth the price of admission.
I was one of those people who played it on console. It was still a wonderful gaming experience, and one of the few games immersive enough for me to be glued for hours. That being said, I am bias because I love MGS.

Even though Snake is getting a little flaky this is still one of my favorite sets to display. 👍🏼

IMG_1560.jpeg

Coco made the awesome custom stand.

Gecco responded to me on Twitter several years ago and mentioned that they'd like to gain approval for Solid Snake. I hope it's that.
I would get that in a heartbeat but only if the guy who sculpted Fox, would be the sculptor. Fuke Yuta. He sculpted Fox to resemble the art of Shinkawa 100%. He made the Liquid and Solid Shinkawa art statues as well.

I would get that in a heartbeat but only if the guy who sculpted Fox, would be the sculptor. Fuke Yuta. He sculpted Fox to resemble the art of Shinkawa 100%. He made the Liquid and Solid Shinkawa art statues as well.

Was that the Twin Snakes garage kit? I’ve seen it floating around, now and again on the secondary market.

I’ve always preferred art pieces that are inspired by Shinkawa’s paintings and sketches. If Gecco makes a Snake statue, I’d hope they can follow through with the same dedication to the source material as they did with the Gray Fox statue. Hopefully, it’ll be in the correct scale and height as well.

Even though Snake is getting a little flaky this is still one of my favorite sets to display. 👍🏼

View attachment 673604

Coco made the awesome custom stand.

A former member here once said that I was a fool for not selling these figures and I’d have to agree 😆. The scale and proportions of the suits are horribly wrong, and the suit pleather is very brittle.

But, I think I held onto them because of the overall presentation of the figures. The artwork on the boxes are heat activated - sort of like a camouflage, that becomes more apparent as you rub on the art with you hands. The weapons and accessories are fairly good (loved that the Boss came with a cloak, Davey Crockett launcher, suitcase and missile). Snake’s head sculpt was at least passable, even though it wasn’t game accurate, nor accurate to Shinkawa’s art.

For a while, retailers were struggling to sell these, and AmiAmi even discounted The Boss to $60 at one point. At best, they’re just serviceable figures for a MGS display that could’ve been made a lot better. They’re certainly the lemons of my Hot Toys collection.

Last edited:
A former member here once said that I was a fool for not selling these figures and I’d have to agree 😆. The scale and proportions of the suits are horribly wrong, and the suit pleather is very brittle.

But, I think I held onto them because of the overall presentation of the figures. The artwork on the boxes are heat activated - sort of like a camouflage, that becomes more apparent as you rub on the art with you hands. The weapons and accessories are fairly good (loved that the Boss came with a cloak, Davey Crockett launcher, suitcase and missile). Snake’s head sculpt was at least passable, even though it wasn’t game accurate, nor accurate to Shinkawa’s art.

For a while, retailers were struggling to sell these, and AmiAmi even discounted The Boss to $60 at one point. At best, they’re just serviceable figures for a MGS display that could’ve been made a lot better. They’re certainly the lemons of my Hot Toys collection.
Inaccuracies aside this is still one of my favorite sets. I just wish they used better materials on the suit or went with something that would last longer like camo fatigues.

Was that the Twin Snakes garage kit? I’ve seen it floating around, now and again on the secondary market.

I’ve always preferred art pieces that are inspired by Shinkawa’s paintings and sketches. If Gecco makes a Snake statue, I’d hope they can follow through with the same dedication to the source material as they did with the Gray Fox statue. Hopefully, it’ll be in the correct scale and height as well.
The very same. Those were lottery gifts btw. :)

Inaccuracies aside this is still one of my favorite sets. I just wish they used better materials on the suit or went with something that would last longer like camo fatigues.

Truthfully, I was an initial proponent for the Sneaking Suit (at least on this forum) because I wanted to see something different from the Medicom figures. In retrospect, camo fatigues would’ve definitely been the better choice for longevity.

There’s certainly an appeal to the two figures. I’ll never sell mine.

Man, they really should've given him a different pose compared to the first statue. I'll have to get that regardless. Wonder if the gun arm can be swapped out for the normal arm and high-frequency blade from the first statue.
looks like the same socket. We will see...

Yeah, I know what the statues are. I’ve seen them for sale on the secondary market, just not for regular retail sale. Either (or both) characters in this fashion (albeit, more painted) would be amazing compliments to Gecco’s Fox.
I'm still waiting for a good Solid Snake. The F4F's are not really doing it for me, nor the PAK.

I'm still waiting for a good Solid Snake. The F4F's are not really doing it for me, nor the PAK.

If I just have one in scale that’s faithful to Shinkawa’s artwork to compliment my Gecco Gray Fox, I’d be the happiest dude alive.

I’m not a fan of the buffed out, hyper- muscle aesthetic of the Solid Snake releases so far. That said, the PAK figure looks good from a distance. But, I feel like a tool for paying $300 for it a few years ago.

Hello! I haven't posted here in years (2010...God damn...) but I've been getting a load of my old collectibles out of storage and found these, which I thought might be interesting to someone.

They're the brass MGS2 Yamato figures, which there isn't a lot of info about online. I think I saw at least a couple of them posted in this thread at some point, but here's the full set. I like Raiden particularly.

Snake is missing his suppressor, unfortunately, but it's one of those rare occasions where the damage is only really noticeable if you know about it in advance. The brass has also darkened a lot since new, but I suppose that's what brass does. They could be shinied up again but I quite like them as they are.

Anyone have any idea of how many of these were made?

Snake.jpg

Ocelot.jpg

Otacon.jpg

Raiden.jpg

Olga.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I haven't posted here in years (2010...God damn...) but I've been getting a load of my old collectibles out of storage and found these, which I thought might be interesting to someone.

They're the brass MGS2 Yamato figures, which there isn't a lot of info about online. I think I saw at least a couple of them posted in this thread at some point, but here's the full set. I like Raiden particularly.

Snake is missing his suppressor, unfortunately, but it's one of those rare occasions where the damage is only really noticeable if you know about it in advance. The brass has also darkened a lot since new, but I suppose that's what brass does. They could be shinied up again but I quite like them as they are.

Anyone have any idea of how many of these were made?

View attachment 675564

View attachment 675565

View attachment 675566

View attachment 675567
View attachment 675568
https://www.konami.com/mg/archive/mgs2/japanese/goods/goods_05_j.html

This is a figure released in Japan.

As far as I’m aware the solid brass variant was never sold, they were given away.

Back