Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brass figures were extraordinarily limited and costly in price. Can’t remember the exact number that was produced. Drebin401 on EBay (I believe he is also a member here) sold each figure for close to $1000 each. This was also close to the price during the olden days of the DieSnake collectors forum, if I recall correctly.

If you head over to JunkerHQs defunct MGS forum and check out the “Kojima Collectors” section, you may be able to find some more information by searching specific terms. No one posts there anymore, but I’ve spent hours just reading through information there on the rarest collectibles of this franchise.

I don't know about solid brass version, but the 'Gun Metalic' version was just color variant came in the random box from original set.
1701241536763.png

1701241423081.png

The brass figures were extraordinarily limited and costly in price. Can’t remember the exact number that was produced. Drebin401 on EBay (I believe he is also a member here) sold each figure for close to $1000 each. This was also close to the price during the olden days of the DieSnake collectors forum, if I recall correctly.

If you head over to JunkerHQs defunct MGS forum and check out the “Kojima Collectors” section, you may be able to find some more information by searching specific terms. No one posts there anymore, but I’ve spent hours just reading through information there on the rarest collectibles of this franchise.
That’s really helpful, thank you.

That’s really helpful, thank you.

I’m actually in the process of writing up my own rarity/cost database of official MGS merchandise. There are so many older items of this series that have been forgotten in time. My favorites are the promo posters as I’ve always preferred official Shinkawa art to artist interpreted figures/statues.

I’m not sure about the printing techniques used, but the Uniqlo shirts have held up well over time. The prints seem very similar in quality to more expensive DKNY shirts that I have from Macy’s. I’ve worn some of my MGS shirts and kept some of them mint with the labels still attached.

Always best with screen printed tees to wash inside out and hang dry, shouldn't have many issues if you do it right.

Always best with screen printed tees to wash inside out and hang dry, shouldn't have many issues if you do it right.
just dont like the tacky feel and heavier weight and akso slight less ventilation. they use it coz it us the cheaper and more efficient way to get designs on.

Gecco responded to me on Twitter several years ago and mentioned that they'd like to gain approval for Solid Snake. I hope it's that.
God I really hope so! It’s mind boggling that they haven’t made the titular character

I would get that in a heartbeat but only if the guy who sculpted Fox, would be the sculptor. Fuke Yuta. He sculpted Fox to resemble the art of Shinkawa 100%. He made the Liquid and Solid Shinkawa art statues as well.

I’ve been hoping for a long time, all the European statues have been atrocious in terms of accuracy to the game or art design.
Even the 3d printed stuff is better, I’ve added them here.

Fuke is a master, he’s done incredible work.

Attachments

• IMG_9300.jpeg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    920 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9299.jpeg
    IMG_9299.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0
God I really hope so! It’s mind boggling that they haven’t made the titular character

I’ve been hoping for a long time, all the European statues have been atrocious in terms of accuracy to the game or art design.
Even the 3d printed stuff is better, I’ve added them here.

Fuke is a master, he’s done incredible work.
Wow that pose reminds me of Metal Gear Ghost Babel, one of my fav MG games that.. no one seem to talk about?

metalgearbackground.jpg

Great display. How are the rubber suits holding up on the RAH Snake and Raiden figures?

Also, Merry Christmas everyone!
raiden suit are glued together from few pieces the seams starts to loosen up but can be glued back. same for the clear parts.

Great display. How are the rubber suits holding up on the RAH Snake and Raiden figures?

Also, Merry Christmas everyone!
The suits are holding up quite well! Really it’s just the joints on raiden that are kinda shabby which is why I won’t pose him any other way in fear of snapping them haha

The suits are holding up quite well! Really it’s just the joints on raiden that are kinda shabby which is why I won’t pose him any other way in fear of snapping them haha
you mean the wrist peg did not jist break off like a lizards tail? watch out the seam joints they start to detach.

you mean the wrist peg did not jist break off like a lizards tail? watch out the seam joints they start to detach.
So far the seams are holding up, definitely better than expected but yes the only real issue I had with the pegs was one of the wrist pegs was loose but I made a quick fix for that.

Back