Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard the same thing a few months back from a guy I was chatting to who seemed to insinuate (to me at least) that he was going to be made by limtoys and it?s fully licensed. Massive pinch of salt of course but I hope he?s telling the truth.

Thats really, REALLY, out there. Could be true though. Especially if Mgs1 is getting fully remade. Maybe someone knows something on the inside but can't divulge too much because obvious legal reasons. But if its licensed and produced by Lim that's insane considering they made a lot of third party mgs stuff. Guy I talked to actually told me it probably wasn't going to be Lim producing it but a different company. If its Hot Toys I'd be absolutely shocked. Again I'm doubtful, but hoping its true.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am unsure how much I'll be selling the heads for! I'm not at my studio atm, and i need to make a mold n cast this head, but yeah I'll definitely let you know how much im askin once i get a few molds out and cleaned! I'm thinking maybe 85 for a blank, 200 painted.

Also I talked to someone this morning who also informed me that they're positive some studio is going to be working on an mgs1 snake. I have NO idea where this rumor stems from, but i am obviously always interested in more mgs stuff to throw my cash at. If anyone finds out more info soon let us know.

Mgiht be a little steep for me unpainted, but I'll see if I got the budget, that being said I had heard wit was LIM or one of teh other regulars who used to post her/ did MGS figures in the past. I am only interested in Grey Fox and Liquid, however.

Thats really, REALLY, out there. Could be true though. Especially if Mgs1 is getting fully remade. Maybe someone knows something on the inside but can't divulge too much because obvious legal reasons. But if its licensed and produced by Lim that's insane considering they made a lot of third party mgs stuff. Guy I talked to actually told me it probably wasn't going to be Lim producing it but a different company. If its Hot Toys I'd be absolutely shocked. Again I'm doubtful, but hoping its true.

MGS1 isn't getting a remake, that was a fake rumor, sadly. PythonSelkan used old tweets from Hayter & Atkin Downes as evidences, but they "forgot" to add those tweets were for a youtube video they uploaded 2 days later.

I hope Limtoys will get the licence for MGS eventually but I highly doubt it. People running Konami Japan are complete retards, they have no care for the licence or the fans or anything else. The only thing they want is to make money, and they don't even need to produce great video games now. They make loads of money with their useless pachinkos and the mobile market, so why bother with MGS?

It sucks but that's the way it is. To me the biggest sign absolutely nothing is coming is that they could have remade MGS3 shortly after they produced their MGS3 Pachinko, but did nothing, and they did ZERO for the 30th birthday of Metal Gear.
They don't care, the licence is dead until it's bought back by Sony or maybe Microsoft. But without Hideo Kojima to direct the games, I'm not interested (unless if I'm the director).

MGS1 isn't getting a remake, that was a fake rumor, sadly. PythonSelkan used old tweets from Hayter & Atkin Downes as evidences, but they "forgot" to add those tweets were for a youtube video they uploaded 2 days later.

I hope Limtoys will get the licence for MGS eventually but I highly doubt it. People running Konami Japan are complete retards, they have no care for the licence or the fans or anything else. The only thing they want is to make money, and they don't even need to produce great video games now. They make loads of money with their useless pachinkos and the mobile market, so why bother with MGS?

It sucks but that's the way it is. To me the biggest sign absolutely nothing is coming is that they could have remade MGS3 shortly after they produced their MGS3 Pachinko, but did nothing, and they did ZERO for the 30th birthday of Metal Gear.
They don't care, the licence is dead until it's bought back by Sony or maybe Microsoft. But without Hideo Kojima to direct the games, I'm not interested (unless if I'm the director).
Nah i wasn't basing my opinion on PythonSelkans video I was really thinking about RedGamingTech who had said that a remake might be coming along with pc ports, which did end up coming out a week later. The pc ports are literally the original version again but, outside of that, he and a few articles mentioned both a remake and the ports. Of course im going to take it with a grain of salt, but if Dmc can be revived after 10 years of capcom making mistakes, then im sure mgs can make the same revival. Plus the Selkan video talked about the twitter meetup between Hayter and a few other VA's. I remember when that was happening, everyone speculated a new game but it was just them celebrating together the anniversary of mgs with a livestream. Still if there was a remake in the works they obv wouldn't tell us outright. I mean it's really, really not likely it exists, but it could so I'm just going to wait until further details and if that never happens, thats okay too. Mgs1 doesnt need a remake, but metal gear 1/2 do.

Nah i wasn't basing my opinion on PythonSelkans video I was really thinking about RedGamingTech who had said that a remake might be coming along with pc ports, which did end up coming out a week later. The pc ports are literally the original version again but, outside of that, he and a few articles mentioned both a remake and the ports. Of course im going to take it with a grain of salt, but if Dmc can be revived after 10 years of capcom making mistakes, then im sure mgs can make the same revival. Plus the Selkan video talked about the twitter meetup between Hayter and a few other VA's. I remember when that was happening, everyone speculated a new game but it was just them celebrating together the anniversary of mgs with a livestream. Still if there was a remake in the works they obv wouldn't tell us outright. I mean it's really, really not likely it exists, but it could so I'm just going to wait until further details and if that never happens, thats okay too. Mgs1 doesnt need a remake, but metal gear 1/2 do.

It was clearly just about the ports and nothing else :/

About Devil May Cry, it's very hard to compare to Metal Gear.
1) DMC5 is directed by Hideaki Itsuno who directed every episode since DMC2 (except the reboot).
2) Capcom really depend on their strong franchises like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Devil May Cry. I was surprised when they announced DMC5 10 years after DMC4, but you have to take in consideration the reboot, and the fact Street Fighter 5 wasn't that big (contrary to SF4). It's not like there was nothing in ten years.

So I'm not surprised DMC has been revived. It's now going stronger than ever.

Regarding Metal Gear, it's a totally different matter, and the franchise is dead in the water.
MGSV didn't sell as much as Konami had hoped. Whether it's Capcom or Konami, their games don't sell as much as the top selling games of the last few years. Except that contrary to Capcom who have a bad habit of making less efforts and recycling everything, Konami put 80 million dollars in MGSV and selling only 8-9 millions copies on ALL platforms. It's a terribly weak number for such a high budget.

Hideo Kojima is gone from Konami, for good. Unless someone buys the rights to the Metal Gear and names Kojima as the director, I don't see anything happening with this franchise. Konami will never hire Kojima again for multiple reasons (one that is much darker than him wasting too much money during the MGSV development). And Konami tested the waters with Survive, thinking they could make an easy buck, but it failed miserably. Seeing how it failed, they clearly don't want to bother. Unlike Capcom, they don't need a strong franchise, they make more than enough.

I completely agree with you on the fact that MG1 & 2 need a remake, much more than MGS1. Truth be told, I'd like MGSV to be remade completely and be fused with Metal Gear remade. But whatever option they choose, unless they go for a "simple" remake (MGS1 & MGS3), they are ******* without Hideo Kojima being involved. It just won't be on par with the rest of the series without his brain. MG1 & 2 need to be completely re-written, re-thought, and re-fleshed, and I don't see anyone in the industry being able to do that, except Kojima.

Thing is, nothing will happen, the series is dead, and that's extremely sad.

It was clearly just about the ports and nothing else :/

About Devil May Cry, it's very hard to compare to Metal Gear.
1) DMC5 is directed by Hideaki Itsuno who directed every episode since DMC2 (except the reboot).
2) Capcom really depend on their strong franchises like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Devil May Cry. I was surprised when they announced DMC5 10 years after DMC4, but you have to take in consideration the reboot, and the fact Street Fighter 5 wasn't that big (contrary to SF4). It's not like there was nothing in ten years.

So I'm not surprised DMC has been revived. It's now going stronger than ever.

Well actually, Itsuno DID work on DmC unaccredited, but mentions helping out ninja theory in some interviews, supposedly he was responsible for most of the positive elements in that game, and many of those elements were brought into DMCV.

In a particularly spicy podcast involving Dante's VA, a close personal friend of Itsunos, he inadvertently revealed that not only did Capcom pull Itsuno off Dragon's Dogma to get DmC to working conditions (leaving it in an unfinished state), he very nearly quit capcom after being dicked around for so long. They then said that he would be allowed nearly anything to stay, since this was during their ip failures and talent hemorrhaging, and his request was to be given the full 4 years to make DMCV and the proper budget. They agreed for that, and that alone if it failed to meet expectations, but if it succeeded that he could get the go ahead for other projects. I may be a little innaccurate since it's been a while since I've seen the interviews and articles.

Afterwards, Rueben and Itsuno apologized publicly about the interview saying it wasn't meant like that and it was false, but this was most likely to save face.

I would say DMC was saved by passionate fans, and passionate talent working on the game, but most of all Itsuno's soul, and capcom's willingness to give the franchise another shot.

Finally! got my 1/12 Aehab, but its missing a pouch which, now that I've seen can't be unseen :thud:

View attachment 495429

Received my S++ Aehab which was missing the pouch as well. Bought mine from onesixthkit and was able to refer to this post to arrange having one sent to me. Arrived today, very happy with service from limtoys, Kit Chen (OneSixthKit), and boomix for mentioning the missing item! :clap

JvLmG1G

Last edited:
Received my S++ Aehab which was missing the pouch as well. Bought mine from onesixthkit and was able to refer to this post to arrange having one sent to me. Arrived today, very happy with service from limtoys, Kit Chen (OneSixthKit), and boomix for mentioning the missing item! :clap

JvLmG1G

still haven't gotten mine :gah:

With the current situation, receiving a package takes forever, so many countries back in lockdown mode, airplane traffic is extremely low. Don't worry you will get it sooner or later.
Speaking of the best 1/12 figure of the year by Limtoys, still no news/update on the B++ version and especially the fulton & dog pack that were supposed to come out late september (I was given those infos by Kghobby as I had pre-ordered those at the same time as the S++ & A++ release, and I'm planning to offer one of the figures to a friend of mine), I wonder if those will get cancelled.

This may be a long shot, but I'm hoping some of the MGS mega-fans in this thread can help me out!

I recently purchased a used copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, a game I have never played before. It arrived yesterday, and I hooked up my Gamecube to test out both discs to make sure they played ok. Disc 1 seems to play fine without any issue, but when I inserted Disc 2 (which is clearly labeled Disc 2 and doesn't appear to have been tampered with), it seems to be the same the exact same disc as Disc 1. The same menu as Disc 1 shows up on Disc 2, and I can start a new game at the beginning of the game on Disc 2 like I did just a few minutes prior on Disc 1.

Is this normal? I thought only the second half of the game was on Disc 2? Or maybe I could start a new game because I didn't continue playing from Disc 1 or didn't load a save from a Disc 1 playthrough to then start halfway through the game on Disc 2?

I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the internet after doing some searching. Can anyone here please help clarify this for me?

This may be a long shot, but I'm hoping some of the MGS mega-fans in this thread can help me out!

I recently purchased a used copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, a game I have never played before. It arrived yesterday, and I hooked up my Gamecube to test out both discs to make sure they played ok. Disc 1 seems to play fine without any issue, but when I inserted Disc 2 (which is clearly labeled Disc 2 and doesn't appear to have been tampered with), it seems to be the same the exact same disc as Disc 1. The same menu as Disc 1 shows up on Disc 2, and I can start a new game at the beginning of the game on Disc 2 like I did just a few minutes prior on Disc 1.

Is this normal? I thought only the second half of the game was on Disc 2? Or maybe I could start a new game because I didn't continue playing from Disc 1 or didn't load a save from a Disc 1 playthrough to then start halfway through the game on Disc 2?

I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the internet after doing some searching. Can anyone here please help clarify this for me?

It's perfectly normal. You can start the game on Disc 2 and the game will prompt you to switch discs as soon as Snake reaches the Heliport, which is actually the same thing that happens with MGS1 on PS1.

While we're on the subject? Are you playing on an actual Gamecube? What TV are you using? Twin Snakes supports progressive scan so the picture can look really sharp even today.

JvLmG1G

Not again lol. Rant incoming:

I remember my 1/6 scale tiger stripe version of venom snake was missing all of his pouches. Took 6 months for me to get them. Then I got the quiet 1/6 scale version and her head didn?t fit the body that Lim toys themselves recommended (it was a TBLeague body). The neck on the body was to big and the head wouldn?t securely connect to the peg. I?ve tried other TBLeague bodies but I got the same result.

Honestly, the head sculpts for venom snake and quiet are awesome, but Lim toys is a ***** company. It?s like they don?t have someone to make sure everything fits (like quiets head on a TBLeague body) and everything is actually in the box (missing pouches on venom snake) before selling their products. Makes me glad I canceled the 1/12 venom snake. If I received another product from them that was missing yet another accessory or whatever, I?d ask for my money back.

I hope they get their crap together because they make amazing figures that no one else is doing when it comes to the metal gear franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F4F teased Solid Snake bust in their FB group a few days ago. Not much to see but at least there is some progress on it.
Hopefully there'll be a codec version of this.

ss bust.jpg

It's perfectly normal. You can start the game on Disc 2 and the game will prompt you to switch discs as soon as Snake reaches the Heliport, which is actually the same thing that happens with MGS1 on PS1.

While we're on the subject? Are you playing on an actual Gamecube? What TV are you using? Twin Snakes supports progressive scan so the picture can look really sharp even today.

Thanks for your response! I verified what you said on Friday night. It's strange to me that the very opening of the game is included on Disc 2 (why doesn't the "Please insert Disc 1" message pop up as soon as you try to start a new game on Disc 2?), but maybe that is normal for two disc games? Regardless, I am very relived that I received both of the discs instead of two copies of disc 1!

I will play through this game on an actual Gamecube, using the A/V port on my 4K TV. I assume that the progressive scan option you mentioned would require the Gamecube component cable, right? I don't think there is any way for me to connect that to my current TV, even if I did have the cord (which I don't).

Thanks for your response! I verified what you said on Friday night. It's strange to me that the very opening of the game is included on Disc 2 (why doesn't the "Please insert Disc 1" message pop up as soon as you try to start a new game on Disc 2?), but maybe that is normal for two disc games? Regardless, I am very relived that I received both of the discs instead of two copies of disc 1!

I will play through this game on an actual Gamecube, using the A/V port on my 4K TV. I assume that the progressive scan option you mentioned would require the Gamecube component cable, right? I don't think there is any way for me to connect that to my current TV, even if I did have the cord (which I don't).

I think the reason you can play a small portion of the intro on both discs was because of the design style, since no other games to my knowledge does that except MGS1 on PS1 and Twin Snakes.

As for Gamecube on a modern TV, consider yourself in luck because for nearly 20 years, no one could reverse engineer the proprietary Component Cable, thus making them cost over $200 on the after market until quite recently, where we now have HDMI adapters that taps into the Gamecube's digital signal and outputs it in clean 480i/p on your modern TV. The result is stunning, here is one of those adapters:

https://insurrectionindustries.com/product/carby-v2/

Yes it's a bit expensive, but it's actually still the cheapest way to get pristine, sharp picture off your Gamecube on a HDTV. Don't fall for those cheap Chinese HDMI adapters, as those only take composite analog signals and converts them into something your TV can read with distortion and noise, resulting in poor, blurry picture.

I personally don't need one since I have the component cable, but I'm kind of tempted to get a second GC and one the adapters. Below is a professional review:

I think the reason you can play a small portion of the intro on both discs was because of the design style, since no other games to my knowledge does that except MGS1 on PS1 and Twin Snakes.

As for Gamecube on a modern TV, consider yourself in luck because for nearly 20 years, no one could reverse engineer the proprietary Component Cable, thus making them cost over $200 on the after market until quite recently, where we now have HDMI adapters that taps into the Gamecube's digital signal and outputs it in clean 480i/p on your modern TV. The result is stunning, here is one of those adapters:

https://insurrectionindustries.com/product/carby-v2/

Yes it's a bit expensive, but it's actually still the cheapest way to get pristine, sharp picture off your Gamecube on a HDTV. Don't fall for those cheap Chinese HDMI adapters, as those only take composite analog signals and converts them into something your TV can read with distortion and noise, resulting in poor, blurry picture.

I personally don't need one since I have the component cable, but I'm kind of tempted to get a second GC and one the adapters. Below is a professional review:

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think the Gamecube I own has the digital port needed for this particular device, but I wasn't aware that any product like this even existed!

Wait, is that a custom or a hot toys??

That actually looks epic, I?m hoping it?s a hot toys for my sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back