Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey y'all, I'm looking for a Big Boss MGS4 outfit set or coat. I've seen a few collectors have a set but I'm not sure who actually made it or where i could find it. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I have enlarged casts of the Play arts Kazuhira and Msf Soldier heads and am cleaning and preparing them for casts down the line
309b0a83eb1695aeaf3b2dccfc83c1f1.jpg
4469d4f51028b5d5d01bebc5e0f0be1c.jpg
4667c5ebb9ce5eb3e296918cbd4a607c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's actually a pretty good cast. It just reminded me how much Kaz (in Peace Walker) looked like a Shonen Jump character from the 80s.

As for the Big Boss figure, the sculpt was made by Amnur and the coat was tailored by another artist during the commission for the head-sculpt. I know that forum members, WellCQCAboutThat and Frank Jaegar owned the completed figure, but they've long since been inactive on the forum (one has been banned, and the other has left). I'd say you should search through Frank Jaegar's old threads since he spearheaded that commission six years ago in 2014, but the search feature on this forum has been horribly busted for the past few years.

Last edited:
That's actually a pretty good cast. It just reminded me how much Kaz (in Peace Walker) looked like a Shonen Jump character from the 80s.

As for the Big Boss figure, the sculpt was made by Sean Dabbs and the coat was tailored by another artist during the commission for the head-sculpt. I know that forum members, WellCQCAboutThat and Frank Jaegar owned the completed figure, but they've long since been inactive on the forum (one has been banned, and the other has left). I'd say you should search through Frank Jaegar's old threads since he spearheaded that commission six years ago in 2014, but the search feature on this forum has been horribly busted for the past few years.

Yeah that first image was actually taken directly from Franks Ig. Maybe I'll contact him directly since I've gotten heads from him so he might still know who can help me with one. Also glad you like the cast! It's pretty cool so I wanted to get a 1/6 scale of it, and with lots of trial and error got it together. Really reminds me of Bouya from Crows and also Travis touchdown from NMH, another character that Kaz's VA voices. Might later modify it to be one too. Anyways man thanks for the quick reply you really helped me out!
338638e1d1fb335ffa15b42ac64d905e.jpg
19d6da0f8c4d465ce5f39799e732d140.jpg
85add1efbb6c8a767a931c55b8b26994.jpg

Yeah, that's a really impressive sculpt you made there! Great paint-job, too. And Bouya from Crows, that's awesome :lol That reminds me, the PAK figures from Peace Walker were probably the best out of their entire line, and I regret letting a few of them go.

Anyways, it's no problem :duff. I hope Frank is able to help you out with that coat (I hear he's also on Facebook with the same username).

Yeah, that's a really impressive sculpt you made there! Great paint-job, too. And Bouya from Crows, that's awesome [emoji38] That reminds me, the PAK figures from Peace Walker were probably the best out of their entire line, and I regret letting a few of them go.

Anyways, it's no problem :duff. I hope Frank is able to help you out with that coat (I hear he's also on Facebook with the same username).

Glad ya like it man! I'll be selling a few in the near future, once i get myself together, and I will let you guys know. I did reach out to Frank and another friend and collector and my friend was able to point me to the person who made the coats so that's great! As for your play arts kai issue, i might be parting with the 3 i own soon enough. I have kaz, fatigue BB, and armor BB. I will let you know if anything!

Glad ya like it man! I'll be selling a few in the near future, once i get myself together, and I will let you guys know. I did reach out to Frank and another friend and collector and my friend was able to point me to the person who made the coats so that's great! As for your play arts kai issue, i might be parting with the 3 i own soon enough. I have kaz, fatigue BB, and armor BB. I will let you know if anything!

Well, I'm actually not collecting figures right now, but I'll probably track down another Sneaking Suit Big Boss figure some day. Those are some great figures, regardless!

Glad you found the tailor! :duff

Yeah that first image was actually taken directly from Franks Ig. Maybe I'll contact him directly since I've gotten heads from him so he might still know who can help me with one. Also glad you like the cast! It's pretty cool so I wanted to get a 1/6 scale of it, and with lots of trial and error got it together. Really reminds me of Bouya from Crows and also Travis touchdown from NMH, another character that Kaz's VA voices. Might later modify it to be one too. Anyways man thanks for the quick reply you really helped me out!
338638e1d1fb335ffa15b42ac64d905e.jpg
85add1efbb6c8a767a931c55b8b26994.jpg

Oh wow it DOES look like Travis. How much was he charging for this head?

Also I had heard limtoys or somebody was doing a MGS1 Snake any truth to that?

Oh wow it DOES look like Travis. How much was he charging for this head?

Also I had heard limtoys or somebody was doing a MGS1 Snake any truth to that?
I am unsure how much I'll be selling the heads for! I'm not at my studio atm, and i need to make a mold n cast this head, but yeah I'll definitely let you know how much im askin once i get a few molds out and cleaned! I'm thinking maybe 85 for a blank, 200 painted.

Also I talked to someone this morning who also informed me that they're positive some studio is going to be working on an mgs1 snake. I have NO idea where this rumor stems from, but i am obviously always interested in more mgs stuff to throw my cash at. If anyone finds out more info soon let us know.

Not sure, but I know that Scaletta and Frank Jaegar were planning a re-release of MGS 2 Snake. It started off as a limited-run custom project on this forum, and they were planning to take it to mass-production. That was years back, though.

Personally, I think it would've been nice is the current third-party companies were focusing more on MGS 1, 2, and 3, because I feel that MGS V is getting way more attention than it deserves. Great work from them, regardless, though.

Not sure, but I know that Scaletta and Frank Jaegar were planning a re-release of MGS 2 Snake. It started off as a limited-run custom project on this forum, and they were planning to take it to mass-production. That was years back, though.

Personally, I think it would've been nice is the current third-party companies were focusing more on MGS 1, 2, and 3, because I feel that MGS V is getting way more attention than it deserves. Great work from them, regardless, though.

Scaletta said maybe 20 weeks ago on IG he planned to do a mass production of MG2 solid and it still looks like a fantastic figure. But I've heard from sources that say the original wasn't very movable and was more of a statue than a figure. So idk. But the one he showed off still looks amazing to me.

Also honestly id love some earlier mgs stuff. V is my least favorite of all the mgs games but i still think its a good game. Just not a good MGS. On top of that Venom snakes the least interesting snake, but many people who don't really care about mgs lore love V. But honestly I'd love to see a line of mgs1-3 figures and maybe a few characters from 4 as well be mass produced. Ive got a ton of customs from the whole franchise but mass produced sets always have a lot of cool extra stuff to go with em and sometimes do justice customs can't do.
ce9daa93cbc0a8ab6bc71bb00582d992.jpg

Yeah, Scarlett's suit was extremely stunning, but it was so delicate and stiff. I remember paying out the figure in installments for two years, and when I finally had it in hand, I started questioning my life-priorities :lol. Maybe he'll be able to iron-out the kinks if he ever gets to releasing it again.

And you're spot-on with MGS V. In terms of tonality, lore, and themes, the game was such a departure from the rest of the franchise. Venom was also just a random field-medic who never had a backstory of his own (let alone a memorable personality). It's really the one game in the franchise that I don't collect for.

Yeah, Scarlett's suit was extremely stunning, but it was so delicate and stiff. I remember paying out the figure in installments for two years, and when I finally had it in hand, I started questioning my life-priorities [emoji38]. Maybe he'll be able to iron-out the kinks if he ever gets to releasing it again.

And you're spot-on with MGS V. In terms of tonality, lore, and themes, the game was such a departure from the rest of the franchise. Venom was also just a random field-medic who never had a backstory of his own (let alone a memorable personality). It's really the one game in the franchise that I don't collect for.

I knowww man i got a ps4 and everything for VTPP and was harshly dissapointed after the joy that GZ was. I was super upset with the twist end. I get that it ties into MG1, and that lol you are big boss but i mean we kinda already are big boss in 3, po, pw, Gz... and then on top of that revealing skullface is straight up the reason why big boss survived during Grozny Grad and that it wasn't just his natural skills that we thought he had? Dissapointing twists man. But regardless i still think Venoms an ok character. Woulda loved to see V end with solid destroying the base and metal gear like MG1, but i guess that mighta been in much later plans for kojima and the team.

Is the mgs2 suit really that fragile/stiff? That's pretty dissapointing with how gorgeous the material looked. Been really wanting an MGS2 solid, and i got a few things to put it together but I'll be using cloth not that latex-esque stuff. I got one of those plisskens that someone was makin a while back though. Pretty awesome head cast. I guess all we can do is sit back, keep customizing and hope one day someone out there mass produces some third party mgs stuff.

Do any of you collect sealed games, by the way? For the price of a Hot Toys John Wick figure, I recently picked up the Japanese versions of MGS 2, Substance, and Document to go with my Black Sorter Edition. I was planning to open them up to display the discs with the sorter, but I think they look a lot better sealed. I also got a great deal on the Konami Style MGS 2 Optical Disc which includes the MGS 2 trailer (?) and a signed card from Kojima. MGS 2 is pretty much my favorite game in the series, and it's fun revisiting this franchise again and finding some old memorabilia.

50465365341_110cd50d2f_b.jpg

Do any of you collect sealed games, by the way? For the price of a Hot Toys John Wick figure, I recently picked up the Japanese versions of MGS 2, Substance, and Document to go with my Black Sorter Edition. I was planning to open them up to display the discs with the sorter, but I think they look a lot better sealed. I also got a great deal on the Konami Style MGS 2 Optical Disc which includes the MGS 2 trailer (?) and a signed card from Kojima. MGS 2 is pretty much my favorite game in the series, and it's fun revisiting this franchise again and finding some old memorabilia.

50465365341_110cd50d2f_b.jpg

Thats a fantastic collection. Absolutely stunning! I def think you should leave em sealed. Also heres hoping we get some MGS2 figures. Would love that skull sneaking suit Raiden, Vamp, Solid and Solidus. Maybe also a random gurlukovich soldier would be awesome too.

I knowww man i got a ps4 and everything for VTPP and was harshly dissapointed after the joy that GZ was. I was super upset with the twist end. I get that it ties into MG1, and that lol you are big boss but i mean we kinda already are big boss in 3, po, pw, Gz... and then on top of that revealing skullface is straight up the reason why big boss survived during Grozny Grad and that it wasn't just his natural skills that we thought he had? Dissapointing twists man. But regardless i still think Venoms an ok character. Woulda loved to see V end with solid destroying the base and metal gear like MG1, but i guess that mighta been in much later plans for kojima and the team.

Is the mgs2 suit really that fragile/stiff? That's pretty dissapointing with how gorgeous the material looked. Been really wanting an MGS2 solid, and i got a few things to put it together but I'll be using cloth not that latex-esque stuff. I got one of those plisskens that someone was makin a while back though. Pretty awesome head cast. I guess all we can do is sit back, keep customizing and hope one day someone out there mass produces some third party mgs stuff.

Yeah, MGS V was redundant in a lot of ways. I also get the feeling that Kojima was trying to recreate the themes for MGS 2, where Venom had some sort of parallel to the player's life and experience (similar to Raiden). But, whereas Raiden threw away the player's dog-tags to become his own person, Venom just became a lifeless avatar for Big Boss. It didn't really make sense, and I sometimes question if Kojima was replaced by body-double :lol.

But yeah, Scaletta's suit is frail. It looks amazing in hand, and it's probably the greatest single figure of MGS 2 Snake that you can own right now. But, considering the price (over $500) and the final product, it just wasn't worth it. I honestly think I would've been happier with just Figma's MGS 2 Snake.

Last edited:
Thats a fantastic collection. Absolutely stunning! I def think you should leave em sealed. Also heres hoping we get some MGS2 figures. Would love that skull sneaking suit Raiden, Vamp, Solid and Solidus. Maybe also a random gurlukovich soldier would be awesome too.

Thanks! I used to take sealed games for granted, but it's become a lot harder to find them in good condition now days. If it were a few years ago, I would've probably opened them up without a second thought. And yeah, those figures would be awesome.

Yeah, MGS V was redundant in a lot of ways. I also get the feeling that Kojima was trying to recreate the themes for MGS 2, where Venom had some sort of parallel with to the player's life and experience (similar to Raiden). But, whereas Raiden threw away the player's dog-tags to become his own person, Venom just became a lifeless avatar for Big Boss. It didn't really make sense, and I sometimes question if Kojima was replaced by body-double [emoji38].

But yeah, Scaletta's suit is frail. It looks amazing in hand, and it's probably the greatest single figure of MGS 2 Snake that you can own right now. But, considering the price (over $500) and the final product, it just wasn't worth it. I honestly think I would've been happier with just Figma's MGS 2 Snake.

Man i totally thought the same thing when i had finished playing V. I was like man is he trying to do the mgs2 formula again. But the problem is, Raiden is his own character as is Solid and Solidus, and ocelot. All of them exude so much character and personality whether you like em or not, and the plot of 2 is just so absurd with Liberty Hall and Arsenal Gear. Venoms just a blank, empty, boring character. V really made me weary of Kojima as a creator and made me not look into death stranding too much either to be honest.

Also man i totally understand. The figmas one of my favorite figures out there, and one of my favorite mgs figures i can think of that are official. That does sound quite unfortunate about that piece. Still, im sure it looks pretty cool in a collection, but again for that price point its a bit much.

Man i totally thought the same thing when i had finished playing V. I was like man is he trying to do the mgs2 formula again. But the problem is, Raiden is his own character as is Solid and Solidus, and ocelot. All of them exude so much character and personality whether you like em or not, and the plot of 2 is just so absurd with Liberty Hall and Arsenal Gear. Venoms just a blank, empty, boring character. V really made me weary of Kojima as a creator and made me not look into death stranding too much either to be honest.

Also man i totally understand. The figmas one of my favorite figures out there, and one of my favorite mgs figures i can think of that are official. That does sound quite unfortunate about that piece. Still, im sure it looks pretty cool in a collection, but again for that price point its a bit much.

Yeah, MGS 2 was over-the-top and ridiculous, and my favorite MGS villain (Solidus) is also in that game, too :lol. But, what I loved most about MGS 2, is that it forces the player to question their own sense of reality, and its themes were much greater than the plot itself. That said, it was also pretty cool to witness Snake as this wise philosopher who gave the player advice on how we should live our lives. Granted, I don't play games a lot these days, but I love revisiting MGS 2 every year if I'm able to.

In comparison, it's been about six years since I played MGS V, and I really don't have any inclination to do it again. Aside from the story (or lack thereof), the pacing was just horrible, the cinematics were sparse, and a good portion of its plot was told through cassette tapes. It was just a grind going through this game, whereas the other entries in the series were unfurled like a novel.

But yeah, I've lost of a lot of respect for present-day Kojima. I feel as if he's been aggrandizing his celebrity status too much, while not delivering on quality content that he promised. I haven't played Death Stranding, but I did pay a good $40 last April to attend the Death Stranding Panel at the Tribeca Film Festival. Was it worth it? Nope. There was some sparse pre-release information. But, what I remember most, was how uncomfortable Norman Reedus was when Kojima mentioned the nude motion captures they took with him in the shower :lol. I think Kojima meant it as a joke, but it just came across as awkward and unnecessary.

50471754716_b87f368fb6_b.jpg

50471910757_3d6932583f_b.jpg

I really regretted going, but I did eat some pretty good ramen after, and washed it down with some beer. So, the day wasn't really a loss.

50471078638_b3c115a7d6_b.jpg

Last edited:

Also I talked to someone this morning who also informed me that they're positive some studio is going to be working on an mgs1 snake. I have NO idea where this rumor stems from, but i am obviously always interested in more mgs stuff to throw my cash at. If anyone finds out more info soon let us know.

i heard the same thing a few months back from a guy I was chatting to who seemed to insinuate (to me at least) that he was going to be made by limtoys and it?s fully licensed. Massive pinch of salt of course but I hope he?s telling the truth.

Yeah, MGS 2 was over-the-top and ridiculous, and my favorite MGS villain (Solidus) is also in that game, too [emoji38]. But, what I loved most about MGS 2, is that it forces the player to question their own sense of reality, and its themes were much greater than the plot itself. That said, it was also pretty cool to witness Snake as this wise philosopher who gave the player advice on how we should live our lives. Granted, I don't play games a lot these days, but I love revisiting MGS 2 every year if I'm able to.

In comparison, it's been about six years since I played MGS V, and I really don't have any inclination to do it again. Aside from the story (or lack thereof), the pacing was just horrible, the cinematics were sparse, and a good portion of its plot was told through cassette tapes. It was just a grind going through this game, whereas the other entries in the series were unfurled like a novel.

But yeah, I've lost of a lot of respect for present-day Kojima. I feel as if he's been aggrandizing his celebrity status too much, while not delivering on quality content that he promised. I haven't played Death Stranding, but I did pay a good $40 last April to attend the Death Stranding Panel at the Tribeca Film Festival. Was it worth it? Nope. There was some sparse pre-release information. But, what I remember most, was how uncomfortable Norman Reedus was when Kojima mentioned the nude motion captures they took with him in the shower [emoji38]. I think Kojima meant it as a joke, but it just came across as awkward and unnecessary.

50471754716_b87f368fb6_b.jpg

50471910757_3d6932583f_b.jpg

I really regretted going, but I did eat some pretty good ramen after, and washed it down with some beer. So, the day wasn't really a loss.

50471078638_b3c115a7d6_b.jpg

I totally understand man, MGS2 is legendary. Personally for me 3 is the best, but 2's plot and characters are truly a work of art. It definitely is the most philosophical and intelligent story i think in the series. 1 being a legendary start, 2 the greatest story, 3 being all around perfect imo and 4 being a dramatic conclusion. I definitely need to replay 2 sometime.

Unfortunately like you said, Kojima seems to not really be the same man he once was, or perhaps the people who helped his stories shine are no longer working alongside him. Plus he never really respected David Hayter too much which kinda annoys me, considering how we all view David as snake. He's allowed to be free and do what he wants nowadays, but just because an artist makes something that they want to fully create, does not mean that it will always be a good final product. Some criticism is good, and i think Kojima may be riding on that gaming celebrity status nowadays like you had mentioned. That makes me wonder if Konami really was the villain in that whole mgsv situation. I don't think we will ever know. I was excited with the trailers for death stranding but when i was presented with the actual gameplay it just looked so bland and boring. Many people I know have also told me they were dissapointed in it too..

Also that ramen looks great! Only MGS related event i went to was the MGS Orchestra with Donna Burke. That event was beautiful. Cosplayers, nerds, metal gear fans, all together enjoying a fantastic homage to a series that is near and dear to us. If it ever comes back in the future and you have a chance to go i definitely recommend!

Back